Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 21:43   #226
BHPian

The BP Pump on Juhu Tara Road next to Hotel Sea Princess is good. Our cars have been re-filling there ever since i was an infant... and before that!
Old 25th March 2009, 21:53   #227
BHPian

Anybody can suggest a pump near Chinnakkada, Kollam?
Old 25th March 2009, 22:08   #228
Senior - BHPian

There is a... hmm, HP/BP, not sure, pump at Kundara which dishes out, what my friends term as "magic fuel". All of their vehicles including bikes and cars give better averages when fueled from there.
Old 25th March 2009, 22:25   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
There is a... hmm, HP/BP, not sure, pump at Kundara which dishes out, what my friends term as "magic fuel". All of their vehicles including bikes and cars give better averages when fueled from there.
Yes, heard of and seen it. But it is far from here. Any in Kollam, preferably near Chinnakkada.?
Old 25th March 2009, 23:35   #230
BHPian

Had filled recently in my skoda diesel from Indian Oil at Bowring on St'marks Road on saturday as I was going out of town at 12 noon, after driving for 30 min noticed that the Octy would not go over 100, in any gear, even though was stomping on the pedal. Had to go & come back to Bangalore in the same condition.

I did not fill any diesel enroute as I was just doing 500km in total. After showing it to my mechanic, he started the octy and showed me the white smoke and I could smell kerosene from the exhaust.

No wonder the Turbo was not working as the Octy has a sensor for adultrated fuel and it was kicking in and trying to shut the engine down.

Am shocked at the adulterated fuel from this bunk as I have never had this experience at all in me filling my octy, Accent & Santro there for the past 15 years and more. Will be making an official complaint and also still have a balance of 25 litres of diesel in the tank, which I now have to drain and even change the fuel filter.

Will never put diesel again from this pump and will shift to HPCL.
Old 26th March 2009, 00:42   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Had filled recently in my skoda diesel from Indian Oil at Bowring on St'marks Road on saturday as I was going out of town at 12 noon, after driving for 30 min noticed that the Octy would not go over 100, in any gear, even though was stomping on the pedal. Had to go & come back to Bangalore in the same condition.

I did not fill any diesel enroute as I was just doing 500km in total. After showing it to my mechanic, he started the octy and showed me the white smoke and I could smell kerosene from the exhaust.

No wonder the Turbo was not working as the Octy has a sensor for adultrated fuel and it was kicking in and trying to shut the engine down.

Am shocked at the adulterated fuel from this bunk as I have never had this experience at all in me filling my octy, Accent & Santro there for the past 15 years and more. Will be making an official complaint and also still have a balance of 25 litres of diesel in the tank, which I now have to drain and even change the fuel filter.

Will never put diesel again from this pump and will shift to HPCL.
Hi Prithvi,

If you have the sales bill from the Bowring's pump (St Mark's road) you can show it to the regional officer, mark a copy to the press and provide him with a link to this site.

I am sure your complaint will be registered and listened to. Some action is guaranteed.

Also preserve a sample of your fuel for the lab - a litre would suffice.

Cheers
M
Old 26th March 2009, 10:07   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
Did you mean opposite ASPT ?
Doctor its opposite to Army Institute of Physical Training (AIPT). Its on route from fatima nagar towards Hadapsar after Krome & Vijay sales. The pump is on the left hand and a HDFC ATM is also present in the premise.

Pump attendent is very rude.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:07   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
1. BP on Jeevan bhima nagar main road > My regular one. No tricks so far.
2. BP on Tippa sandra main road > Irresponsible attendants. But no tricks
3. HPCL coco on airport road next to wind tunnel road > They tricked me once
4. BPCL opposite Manipal. > My regular one. Find them alright. But you see my post above - Petrol was hot enough at close to midnight!
BP on Tippasandra main road is bit dubious. I used to go there earlier. About almost three years back, I was about to be cheated for 400 bucks. Asked for a fill of 1000 bucks, but the guy started the pump while it was already reading Rs 400, which was noticed by my friend. I say this is dubious since the way they behaved with us when this was pointed to them -- 3-4 of them came and surrounded us and tried to hush things. Since then it's been Jeevanbima Nagar BP, for me. Quite decent.

There is one more bunk -- HPCL infront of Bagmane techpark, before entering the DRDO township. Used to go there before the BP pump at JB Road came up. Heard that it is decent, still.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:19   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Hi Prithvi,

If you have the sales bill from the Bowring's pump (St Mark's road) you can show it to the regional officer, mark a copy to the press and provide him with a link to this site.

I am sure your complaint will be registered and listened to. Some action is guaranteed.

Also preserve a sample of your fuel for the lab - a litre would suffice.

Cheers
M
THanks M, will surely do the needful.
Old 26th March 2009, 12:10   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensure View Post
BP on Tippasandra main road is bit dubious. I used to go there earlier. About almost three years back, I was about to be cheated for 400 bucks. Asked for a fill of 1000 bucks, but the guy started the pump while it was already reading Rs 400, which was noticed by my friend. I say this is dubious since the way they behaved with us when this was pointed to them -- 3-4 of them came and surrounded us and tried to hush things. Since then it's been Jeevanbima Nagar BP, for me. Quite decent.

There is one more bunk -- HPCL infront of Bagmane techpark, before entering the DRDO township. Used to go there before the BP pump at JB Road came up. Heard that it is decent, still.

Yeah, you are right on them. Now I remember my wife telling me once, they tried to cheat her with change return as well. She filled for 100 Rs. petrol and gave 500 note. Guy counted 3 notes of 100, probably tricked conting the same note twice and returned saying 400 back. But he was caught and accepted as it's his mistake and made it 400 without much noise.
Old 26th March 2009, 14:19   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Yes, heard of and seen it. But it is far from here. Any in Kollam, preferably near Chinnakkada.?
Capithan in Neendikara on the highway.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:55   #237
BHPian

I saw a BP/HP petrol pump near bagalur on the hennur road to airport with petrol price @ 44.xx while it is 46.xx.
At more than a rupee per litre I thought it might be a good idea to tank up there but had just tanked up earlier that day.

What are the areas around Bangalore that have pumps with this pricing. I guess its the additional tax on urban areas that makes for the difference.

So if someones going to tank up and a rural area pump is available in a 25 KM radius it might just be worth it. guys south of Electronic city would anyway go to hosur to get even cheaper price. so if we identify pumps on the KR puram-hebbal sector on the other side of outer ring road. It might help a lots of T-BHPians.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:59   #238
BHPian

So many posts from Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Pune and very few from Delhi.
Any specific reason?
Can anyone suggest me a good filling station in South/ Central Delhi for my Vista quadrajet?
Old 30th March 2009, 02:15   #239
BHPian

I actually avoid filling anywhere besides the HP ones near Sewri Station(East). They're directly owned by HP and had fuel flowing even when there was a scarcity in the city.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:46   #240
BHPian

Always fill up at the bunk on vittal Mallya road or the HP bunk near my office (Bagmane Tech Park, C V Raman Nagar). Have never had a bad experience with these guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks