Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 10:10   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Just saw a public notice by VW in today's TOI quoting that KSM Motors, Mumbai, is not longer their authorised dealer.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/...=&publabel=TOI

Is this action a result of this particular incident ?

Thanks,
Yogesh.
I have no idea whether due to this incident alone but believe me, our published ordeals - mine with VW Downtown Bangalore + Vineet's with KSM contributed to taking them down. However, VW Downtown merely shifted their people to Elite motors so same wine, new bottle. Not sure re: KSM

VW seem to be taking action though. But remember times are tough. I did question VW continuing with Elite Motors and the response was that we have very few partners willing to invest 20+crores!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 12:18   #167
BHPian

Re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

These SAs need to know that they absolutely cannot use vehicles which have come in for services for their personal use. If i must use a comparison, it will be like using someone else's undergarments(i know this comparison is crazy :lol). But nice to see that he received a new vehicle. But our system needs a lot of changing to do if India's markets are to become customer friendly.
Old 24th April 2013, 13:11   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have no idea whether due to this incident alone but believe me, our published ordeals - mine with VW Downtown Bangalore + Vineet's with KSM contributed to taking them down. However, VW Downtown merely shifted their people to Elite motors so same wine, new bottle. Not sure re: KSM

VW seem to be taking action though. But remember times are tough. I did question VW continuing with Elite Motors and the response was that we have very few partners willing to invest 20+crores!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Just saw a public notice by VW in today's TOI quoting that KSM Motors, Mumbai, is not longer their authorised dealer.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/...=&publabel=TOI

Is this action a result of this particular incident ?

Thanks,
Yogesh.
I visited the erstwhile KSM workshop a about 10 days back and was informed that KSM no longer has the dealership (not sure why though). The dealership and showroom will stay where they are but the new owners are Autobahn IIRC.

Also this particular Jetta skidded off road and went into a pool of gutter water adjacent to the road and I actually saw pictures of the half submerged Jetta. Totally scary indeed!

I had gone for minor repair work but still havent mustered the courage to go for full service there post this incident inspite of the fact that this is the closest to my residence.
Old 24th April 2013, 13:26   #169
BHPian

Copy of VW's notice, as published in today's TOI :-
KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!-getimage.dll.png

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks