Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 01:44   #76
BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Last time I read a thread like this where a customer was harassed by Skoda A.S.S., this idea came to my mind, and reading this thread reminds me of this.

How about Team-BHPians try to help out this guy? I am sure there are loads of TBHPians in Mumbai, and many of them could pitch in. In this incident, I would have done that if I was in Mumbai. They go to KSM Motors posing as potential customers, show that they are really interested in a purchase, and then later move away from the deal stating a reference to this incident, saying that they heard about it from someone and are not confident about purchasing from this dealership. If a considerable number of people do this, it should shake up these guys a bit. Needless to say, it might also look a little obvious. But hey, words of mouth spreads pretty thick n fast.. right??

It might just help to some extent. Also, we would get to know what this dealership tells about this incident to other "prospective" customers. Might be a good way to showcase TeamBHP's collective strength and immense support level.
swarnava.m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 01:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Upset yes. But what else? I would give higher priority to solving the issue and moving on. Life isn't fair, I accepted that years back, but it doesn't have to be difficult.

What would you do? Ask for a new car? They would never give it. Go to court? It'll take 5-10 years even in consumer court after appeals. You wouldn't get your car till then and when you get it, it'd have depreciated even more. And what will the court decide? - To repair the car and give some small amount for the consumers trouble. A fools errand I would say.

This is the right kind of attitude these mega corporates expect from this new Indian. Hats off to you, we will never be free.

The first few pictures told me the story combined with the police report, why should I beg someone for something that is not my fault ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 9th September 2012 at 01:48.
esteem_lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 02:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
May be because the vehicle is company registered. Higher expenses on paper help everybody involved.
But Mr Vineet's facebook post talks about his company strongly believing in and adhering to corporate ethics. If thats true, then there has to be some explanation other than yours. And if thats not true, then it opens a whole bunch of other questions.

Does anyone here know Mr Vineet Sharma personally and can fully vouch for him and this incident?
Old 9th September 2012, 08:16   #79

One, it is really sad to know that this incident happened to your car. Two, it is disgusting to see how pathetic the attitudes of these 'phoren' companies towards customers in developing countries. They simply want the bucks without delivering the value or doing their service diligently.

As much as you may malign them through the social media, it won't have a shelf life of more than a few weeks. So, you have to act quickly and take it up at the consumer court. As far as I've heard from a friend who won a case of baggage loss by an airline, the redressal is quite fast. He was awarded the value of the lost goods plus some compensation.

So, take them to the Consumer court. Don't give up. Keep fighting!!
Old 9th September 2012, 10:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

In this case and even in Harsh case the manufacturer has to put some pressure on the dealer to get this sorted immediately. I do remember harsh saying there was a off the court settlement offered. If such thing is offered to you simply take it

In this country consumer court and civil case are so bad. Imagine it took more than four years to say Kasab was guilty and govt spends crores on him while common man cannot get two meals a day. The law and order of this country in the name of democracy is not helping anyone.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 10:39   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
A

And I don't see why the customer is lambasting VW for this - dealers are not agents of manufacturers, they are independent contractors who provide a service to both customers and manufacturers. This is clearly not the same as a dealer stealing parts as happened with one of the Bombay Skoda dealerships.

Are there are any judicial rulings where this principle about dealers being independent contractors is held up?
Old 9th September 2012, 14:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
HAt any rate, thanks for the feedback - I will stay a million miles away from KSM (is this VW Navi Mumbai or VW Mumbai East or VW Thane?) if and when I buy my Vento (assuming they ever give me clarity on delivery times).
KSM is VW Nerul and they have a satellite dealership at Chembur too. I have used downtown and am fine with their service - have heard that Andheri workshop is also fine . For me , KSM is a no go zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
VW is required by the law to provide service and support to the cars they sell.
Yes, but VW is not legally responsible for the well being of the car at the workshop. In order to provide service and support they make available parts and they have appointed the workshops which are independent corporate identities by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
VW can certainly exert pressure on the dealer to resolve the issue in the customer's favor,which they are not.
Yes they can do this but its not that they are supposed to do this . VW should do this in order to maintain customer goodwill but legally they are not bound to put any pressure and even if they put pressure on KSM , the workshop is not bound to follow VW's directive . The most that VW can do in this matter is strip KSM Motors of the status of an authorised workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Take for example Jia Auto. Dealers of Skoda. The entire dealership of West Bengal for Skoda (around 6 of them) is with them. They would be having one of the strongest lobby @ Skoda.
There is a huge amount of political clout that's involved in getting dealerships of the cars . In most states you will find the dealerships of Skoda, Honda , Toyota are cornered by kith, kin and brethen of political clans.
They create artificial entry barriers , you know how these things work.
Old 9th September 2012, 15:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
There is a huge amount of political clout that's involved in getting dealerships of the cars . In most states you will find the dealerships of Skoda, Honda , Toyota are cornered by kith, kin and brethen of political clans.
Sadly this is true. Unfortunately such clans and their atrocities are becoming the norm rather than exception now-a-days (and not just in car dealerships). I think we as people will have to stand for our rights instead of resigning to the current state of affairs and use public forums (including T-BHP) to spread the awareness. Collective people power work wonders.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
That is news to me. I thought only domestic gas agencies, petrol pumps, schools, engineering colleges etc were owned by politicians' kins. Wherever, there is sure fire money to be made, somehow these people find an entry there. At least here, they are not selling govt products, but multi national companies' products, so I guess they have to be more accountable.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 14:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
That is news to me. I thought only domestic gas agencies, petrol pumps, schools, engineering colleges etc were owned by politicians' kins. Wherever, there is sure fire money to be made, somehow these people find an entry there. At least here, they are not selling govt products, but multi national companies' products, so I guess they have to be more accountable.
But don't the parent company do any background checks , who are they giving their dealerships to ? .
Old 10th September 2012, 14:43   #86
BANNED

Remember Skoda are only the el cheapo VW. So the parent attitude are likely to be the same as in harish's case.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:50   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember Skoda are only the el cheapo VW. So the parent attitude are likely to be the same as in harish's case.
OT: The way they manage issues maybe same (VW and Skoda), but classifying Skoda as el cheapo VW is a bit harsh IMHO. From what I have noticed, their cars are superior in many aspects (quality, safety etc.) compared to some of the competition in the respective segments.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this issue?

I certainly dont think VW will get involved for they will wash their hands on dealership and they can only ban this dealership(Which i doubt they would do knowing losing say 100 customers out of this issue is no big deal for them).

The dealership should be taken to the consumer court for this gross misuse and the aloofness.

There is no point taking VW to the court for they cannot do much in this case.I am being realistic.

Dealer on the other hand has complete ownership for his actions,.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 07:17   #89
BHPian

Back in 1998, my then new Maruti 800 had gone in for servicing to Sai Service in JM ROad. When i went to collect it the passenger side seat had been switched with one whose recline was broken. Fortunately i caught it, and when i pointed it out, they simply pulled out a seat from another 800 lying near by and fitted it in mine!

Chor Chor Mausere bhai: that is the story of Auth Service Centers.

But then again, this VW service center really takes the cake! Height hain boss.

Check the site: http://confonet.nic.in/default.htm for info

Quote:
There is no point taking VW to the court for they cannot do much in this case.I am being realistic.
While VW has played a smart legal game so far by not taking a stand (seeing how far the complainant is ready to go basically), they certainly hold some liability. One could discuss the extent of the liability, but they certainly hold some responsibility for their dealership network. Past cases in consumer courts against Maruti bear this out.

The case against the dealer itself is at 3 levels: one is of criminal negligence, taking the customer car out of the station is liable for criminal prosecution. and 2. the coverup attempt which is also CRIMINAL. and lastly the customer service issue, which is purely civil in nature.

It should be an open and shut case. Suggest you visit the local consumer forum. In Rasta Peth Pune, there is an NGO which helps consumers fight cases. There is one in Chembur side AFAIK, perhaps in Vashi as well. Get in touch with them.

And yes, do not compromise for anything less than a replacement car: do not accept a repair job. Keep all papers handy and under no condition sign anything!

Last edited by COUGAR : 12th September 2012 at 07:24.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:06   #90
Team-BHP Support

How about escalating to the Autocar "distressed customer" type section. It may get some traction and will at least fetch them some well deserved negative publicity in a wider audience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks