Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.51%
Neutral 83 23.51%
Negative 187 52.97%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2018, 16:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

One of my office colleagues is on his way to an international posting and wanted to sell his Swift. He was interested in selling the car to Cars24 but had a few queries which I would request owners who sold their car to respond to:

1) My colleague was told Cars24 make an agreement to transfer the ownership within 7 days of the deal and they would be liable for anything related to the car if the process is delayed. Is this true?

2) What is the approximate turnaround time for the ownership change (changed RC in hands of the seller) if sold to Cars24?

3) How fast is the payment process?

4) What time should my colleague contact Cars24 if he is planning to move out of country in August 1st week? He needs to use the car as much as possible .
Old 18th June 2018, 16:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

I got the Duster evaluated for by them (2014, 75k km, 6 months of extended warranty remaining) last year. The best they offered was 5.6 lakhs.

The Honda dealer also offered about 5.5(?) Lakhs.

I ended up selling the car on my own for 6.6 lakhs. Since the car loan was active and the buyer was taking a loan to buy the car, I had to pay cash and close the loan. Might have been tough if I could not afford to pay cash

The process itself was fairly decent and I paid INR 250 for their detailed report so that the buyers financier could finance the car. That was useful.

I had minimum offers of around 6 lakhs from guys who looked like dealers responding to my ads. When I asked cars24, they said that the value that they quoted was the best they could do and it was low because the car was black!

All in all, the price Differential on a car with some market value was not worth it for me. For something with a 2-3 lakh value, the convenience could well be worth it
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 16:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
One of my office colleagues is on his way to an international posting and wanted to sell his Swift. He was interested in selling the car to Cars24 but had a few queries which I would request owners who sold their car to respond to:

1) My colleague was told Cars24 make an agreement to transfer the ownership within 7 days of the deal and they would be liable for anything related to the car if the process is delayed. Is this true?

2) What is the approximate turnaround time for the ownership change (changed RC in hands of the seller) if sold to Cars24?

3) How fast is the payment process?

4) What time should my colleague contact Cars24 if he is planning to move out of country in August 1st week? He needs to use the car as much as possible .

I'm not sure of point 1 and 2 but here are my comments for 3 & 4:

3) Payment is instant if a certain fees is paid, I don't remember specifics as my transaction was done almost 2 years ago. If you don't want to pay fees, it takes 24 hours I think

4) They can close the deal on the same day, you can take a chance but it's better to keep a buffer IMO

My knowledge is outdated for the reason mentioned above, so I suggest you should check with them directly for answers, I found them to be quite helpful in answering questions.
Old 24th June 2018, 11:48   #94
BHPian

Hi guys,

does anyone have an idea that if we check the price on cars 24 website and then go for an inspection and bidding, can we get a higher price than that suggested by the website or will the website price always cover the upper limit to which the car can be sold for?
Old 21st July 2018, 13:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

My experience with them was neutral. Not great but nothing bad either. I wanted to sell our 2006 Honda City which had done 1,18,000 kms. While the car is in good condition interior, exterior as well as engine & gearbox wise, the tires needed replacement.

Booking an online appointment with them was hassle free. I went there at the appointed time and was attended to in 10-15 mins. Two persons accompanied me and took photos of the car from all possible angles. Where they took the photos of the car is another story, one of the dirties open grounds I have ever seen in Pune. Post that they uploaded the pics on their auction portal and started the auction. It took a painfully long time of nearly 50-55 mins to get an offer.
The offer was nothing great, 90k; (91k actual, but you need to pay them the fees of 1k) but they wanted the documents then and there itself. I excused myself from there and started looking for a private buyer.

Within a week one serious query came up and the guy showed up at my home. We finally settled on the price of 1,20,000/- with him agreeing to take the car in as-is condition. The guy came home yesterday signed all the transfer forms in duplicate and took away the car after making the payment online.

I would say go to cars 24 only if you are hard pressed for time and want to sell quickly. If not, then it is better to sell your own car to private buyers. It is a good learning experience of how to deal with people. The good part in all this was one week later cars24 did follow up with me asking if I wanted to sell my car, but when I told no; they did not persist with their calls/followup.

Downside - started getting a lot of telephonic inquiries regarding the car, don't know if they have shared my number with used car dealers or not.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 21st July 2018 at 13:58.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 10:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Had a fantastic experience selling my Ford Figo Tdci to cars24.

Am told they would email copy of RC post transfer to new owner. Till then indemnity letter would do. They would call for RTO if signature mismatch happens. I was not sure what I had signed during purchase.

Received email copy of updated RC card 70 days from day I sold my car. This is fantastic. My new car RC book took about 40 days, which means cars24 found final end-user buyer within 30 days. There was no follow-up either for 10K cashback offer or the updated RC book copy.

End-to-End rating of my experience would be 5/5.

Additionally, one of my colleagues found this model very useful. Since relocating to US of A, have to wait for Visa interviews before sale proceeds and then there is very short time to fly, this is where cars24 is best option for folks relocating abroad. Quotes are also v.v.good.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:12   #97
BHPian

I was looking to sell off my 2014 VXI Wagon R with the odo at 1.08 Lakh Km.The car has its usual share of nicks and scratches of having driven in the city. It is a TN registered car and I had booked an appointment and had last month taken it to their Royapettah branch at General Patters road but it was chocablock traffic when I went and hence skipped the appointment.

Came with the car to Bangalore and saw a branch at Yelahanka and fixed a appointment. Reached their centre at 11:05 AM. The person there had a look at the car docs , a small test drive of hardly hundred metres and took a lot of photos of the car.This process took around an hour.Then I was asked to wait -- took around 40 more mins for the bidding to end.

I was called to a conference room and was disclosed the amount as 2.3 lakhs which was the highest bid from 108 bidders. I was asked if the price is fine or I was looking at a better price and I said I was looking at a better price ( who wouldn't :-) and I was asked to wait and after about twenty minutes I was given a price of 2.6 Lakhs. From this 6.5 k would be transportation charges to get the car back to Chennai, 3.5 k was service charge, 1.5 k if I wanted instant money transfer.So around 2.48 lakhs would be my payout.Also around 15-20 k would be held back and given out after two weeks and when I asked why couldnt get a understandable reply.I was asked to immediately hand over the car and I told them I need time to think and get back.

My takeaway - If you are hard pressed for time, do not want to interact with multiple people who would enquire if an ad is put up then you could consider Cars 24. The pricing for the vehicle seems to be a hit or miss with a ertiga and alto owner who were at the centre leaving being dissatisfied with the prices offered.

The process does take time and I left their centre after being there close to 2.5 hours and appointment seems a must.

Last edited by rajinibm : 3rd August 2018 at 16:14. Reason: typo
rajinibm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 13:25   #98
BHPian

I recently sold my i10 (2008 Magna) via Cars24. This happened on a Saturday. The process was smooth enough. Reached the center, told i have a car to sell. I had already seen what all papers were required so had all documentations ready. They did a test drive followed by a 30 mins detailed inspection. The auction was then held with the inspection reports details. Got a quote of 1.2 and asked if this was fine. I said I was expecting atleast 1.4. (This is based on the various online used car pricing estimates, for an of condition car). They went back and said that they got a a price of 1.4 and if we will take it. I said yes. So closed the deal at 1.4 lakhs. This process took about 1 hr. After this the paper work started and that took another hour plus. Finally I had to tell that I had to leave so they said you can leave, and the payment would be credited in to my bank account in a hour's time. (I left the RC with them (I was given a xerox of the RC) and took the car back with me, as we agreed that i would hand over the car on Tuesday, since we needed the car until we got a replacement car.

And that was the process. Simple and fast enough.

Notes:
1. The payment did not take take 1 hr, it took about 3 hrs and a follow up call from my side, but by 6pm the same day (Saturday) the full 1.4 lakhs was credited to my bank account.
2. Cars24 said that they were charging the processing and transaction fees from the buyer (a dealer, i believe), hence they were not charging us for it.
3. The car handover process was tiring because they made us wait for close to 2 hrs (They kept saying that the buyer would be coming). Finally, we had to tell that we cannot wait anymore and left, leaving the car with them. (The wait time included the transfer paperwork activity as well)
4. We were told that the RC transfer would typical happen in 45-60 days and that i would be notified once it is done.
5. As mentioned by a few other members here, i think Cars24 is a good option to consider if one does not have the time or desire to bargain and deals with lots of potential buyers if doing it one one's own. I personally think i could have got more but, then i also know these guys need to make their profit for the service they are providing.
6. Issues identified during the inspection included - worn out clutch, ac compressor not very effective, old suspensions, dents and scratches all over the body, some rattles and squeaks (10 years old car!), and failing catalytic converter (this issue was new for me!)

Last edited by ajmat : 6th August 2018 at 16:14.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 15:27   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I recently sold my i10 (2008 Magna) via Cars24. This happened on a Saturday.
Hello even i am looking to sell my i10 magna 2008 driven 1 lacs kms. How many kms was driven when you sold the car? BTW how much can i expect?

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2018 at 05:48. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 6th August 2018, 15:37   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Hello even i am looking to sell my i10 magna 2008 driven 1 lacs kms. How many kms was driven when you sold the car? BTW how much can i expect?
The car had done 65,000 km. When i entered the car details in the Cars24 website, they estimated an initial price range between 1.2 to 1.7 lakhs (Pre-evaluation estimate). I believe location can also be a factor to the cost. I used Orange Book Value primarily to check on the potential car resale value.
Old 12th August 2018, 21:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Had a fantastic experience selling my Ford Figo Tdci to cars24.
How much did you get for your Ford Figo? Which trim did you have of Figo? I am also thinking of upgrading the car hence wish to sell my Figo diesel.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
How much did you get for your Ford Figo? Which trim did you have of Figo? I am also thinking of upgrading the car hence wish to sell my Figo diesel.
Here is my initial experience. I did not visit any of their branches. But I had got my car evaluated from 2 Volkswagen dealerships in Pune, as I am thinking of going for Vento. As expected, they gave very low quotes. Also, I had posted an ad on OLX, but AFAIK, my number is not displayed in the ad.

Seems one of the dealership has shared my number with Cars 24. I got a call from them today morning where they clearly knew what car I have, what variant I have and I looking for a buyer. The guy was quite insistent on booking an appointment for my cars evaluation. I refused as I want to explore individual buyer directly at the moment. Still, it looks like, he went ahead and booked an appointment. I received a message on mobile. But looks like it is for some other car and city.

First impression is not good. I am also unhappy with Volkswagen dealers in Pune for sharing my details with Cars 24.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 21:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

So this happened with friend's hubby who had registered with Cars24.com for evaluation of their CNG Celerio. The gentleman from Cars24.com came to my friends place to inspect the vehicle. He gave them a decent quotation after the 'inspection' but at the time of leaving my friends hubby noticed that his ~4.5k worth Rayban sunglasses was missing from it's usual place in the car.

Alarmed he requested the Cars24.com gentleman to open his bag which the salesman was carrying to verify if the sunglasses was inside. The gentleman refused but after some persuasion he relented unwillingly. Only the sunglasses was not there. He had hidden it in his windcheater in the side pocket and it was looking visually lumpy. My friend's hubby retrieved his property from the nice gentleman who kept insisting it belong to some other customer and that it was not my friend's husband's sunglasses.

Needless to say the gentleman was sent away. I am informed by my friend that they had booked the appointment via Cars24 customer service. Folks beware of such things and keep a check on your belongings while allowing anyone to inspect your vehicle.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:51   #104
BHPian

I wanted to sell my beloved Punto (2010 MJD Emotion) as I got an Linea. Out of curiosity I checked the cars24 website and I got a valuation of 1.2 lakhs. Extremely low. I had not shared the number.

I then posted an ad on olx with my number. I then started getting calls from cars24 where they were requesting me to get the car to their office to get a valuation, which I refused. I'm not sure in the first place how they got my number.

I was not in a hurry to sell my car and eventually got a good deal of Rs 2,40,000 on olx (compared to Rs 1.2 lakhs of cars24).

So my experience is that Cars24 gives extremely low quotes, so not a good idea to go through them. Post on other sites directly, its a better option. Not to mention that they look shady.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 21st August 2018 at 12:53.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:59   #105
BHPian

Sold my 15 year old Corolla today to Cars24.com. RTO expiry was next month plus 2 tyres needed replacement along with servicing and clutch overhaul.

Settled for amount 20k below expectation as I wanted to close this transaction.

It is always better to show car to at least 2 garages and get a quote before coming here. I also learned that my car had an accident sometime back and rear panel was repainted. This came as a surprise as it was before I made the purchase.

Bid final good bye with a heavy heart to great 1.8L engine in Corolla.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks