Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.18%
Neutral 86 24.02%
Negative 189 52.79%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Problem is, with cars24, I don't have visibility on which dealer has actually taken the car. So can only follow up with cars24, and they have not responded to my mails.

I think taking up insurance might be a good idea.
Follow up with the person/organization who signed and gave you the delivery note. If they don't respond, lodge a police complaint as that is the best you can do to be a little more safe.
Old 10th November 2018, 22:21   #137
BHPian

I feel droom quick sell to be a better option to sell car than c24. Their online service is replacing entire offline process of c24. It comes down to the commission now. Any real world experiences yet for droom qs?

Last edited by ashishy : 10th November 2018 at 22:41.
ashishy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 08:13   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Mixed experience at Cars24 outlet while trying to sell of my 2011 Altis. On the first 2 occasions my father took the car to their outlet after a prior appointment and there was complete chaos. No proper parking place, no system in place at the outlet and everything was just being done randomly. The first time he left within 15 minutes seeing the sorry state of affairs while the second time ( on my insistence) he waited there for 30 minutes with no one to attend and finally left.

I still had some hopes left and this time I myself took the car to a different outlet than last time and was pleasantly surprised. This particular outlet was located in the ground floor of an otherwise failed mall ( hence it had a lot of free space) and ample parking. A person to inspect the car was promptly designated and he went around his job quite thoroughly, clicked the pictures and uploaded them on to the server.

The bad part: Their algorithm to come to a price is flawed. The following is what I noted:
1. They didn't bother to enquire about the service history and the whole inspection was more focused on the exterior body work. I believe one would give due weight-age to the service history of the car. When I mentioned this to them, they offered me a cock and bull story of how they are connected with all the car manufactures and have already taken out the service history from Toyota. ROFL !

2. The price they offered was more than atrocious. Rather atrocious is un understatement. And before you assume I am in delusion that my car would fetch more, I recently got it evaluated at Tata and they offered me 1.5L more than this price. Selling it privately, I am easily able to manage 2L more.
Reason behind this horrible price offered is that their way of buying is flawed. Due to the NGT rule, no one in their right mind would buy a 7 year old diesel car in Delhi unless offered for peanuts since the usable legal life is only 2-3 years. Now I had heard that Cars24 lists your car on their portal where dealers across India bid and offer a price. It goes without saying that my car would be only sold out of state due to the NGT rule. but what cars24 does is that they offer you the price that you will get in Delhi and then once bought, they list the car on the portal and would sell it out of state to the highest bidder. Naturally the price offered to me in this case becomes extremely low since the car would not find a buyer in Delhi.
drmohitg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 16:03   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
..... but what cars24 does is that they offer you the price that you will get in Delhi and then once bought, they list the car on the portal and would sell it out of state to the highest bidder.
This doesn't sound right, and appears like something manufactured on the lines of "we have access to Toyota's service records". I say so based on experience of selling our KA registered i10 in Mumbai - we were told that the car was bought by a used car dealer in BLR and the price being offered to us is based on that. It sounded believable because it was difficult to get that high a resale value for our car in Mumbai (BLR prices are much higher). When we followed up on RC transfer, it was confirmed that the new owner is BLR-based.

But, this was one year back and who is to say if Cars24 has decided to skim a bit off the top. Would be interesting to dig deeper.

Last edited by Su-47 : 19th November 2018 at 16:04. Reason: Extra space
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 17:20   #140
Senior - BHPian

Cars24 is another VC backed company.
With some fancy projections of sale etc.
But at the end of the day one is probably likely to get a better price for ones used car if one does a private sale.
shankar.balan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 10:25   #141
BHPian

Saw this in the news today !!
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-c8e83399f3594c678ac300034ddd8bb6.jpeg  

bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 10:57   #142
NTO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
I feel droom quick sell to be a better option to sell car than c24. Their online service is replacing entire offline process of c24. It comes down to the commission now. Any real world experiences yet for droom qs?
I had a smooth experience with QS in Gurgaon when I sold my motorcycle. Apparently their foothold is strong in NCR region. They have a team which scheduled inspection of my vehicle and I received the report immediately after the inspection. In almost three days, I got competitive bids from auto dealers and the transaction closed and I received payment in two days after that. I got a good price too as they price was benchmarked with orange book value. RC transfer was taken care of by the dealer who bought and later sold off my motorcycle.
Old 27th November 2018, 11:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
I had a smooth experience with QS in Gurgaon when I sold my motorcycle. Apparently their foothold is strong in NCR region. They have a team which scheduled inspection of my vehicle and I received the report immediately after the inspection. In almost three days, I got competitive bids from auto dealers and the transaction closed and I received payment in two days after that. I got a good price too as they price was benchmarked with orange book value. RC transfer was taken care of by the dealer who bought and later sold off my motorcycle.
Good to hear!

How much did droom charge/their commission?
Old 27th November 2018, 11:02   #144
NTO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Good to hear!

How much did droom charge/their commission?
I was charged 2% on the final transaction value plus I paid Rs. 599 for their package of reports (inspection, pricing and history).
NTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

CARS24 opens its 100th branch in Kolkata

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-cars24-kolkata-1.jpg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-cars24-kolkata-2.jpg

CARS24 has launched its 100th store in Kolkata and the first in the East region. The online used car company now has its presence across 18 cities in India.

According to the company, it has a double-digit market share in markets like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore and expects a business growth of 150% during the next financial year. The company plans to open 10 more branches by the end of the current fiscal and aims to set up 1,000 branches in 100 cities by 2020.

CARS24 currently employs 1,800 people across India. The company has over 10,000 business partners in more than 100 cities participating in online auctions.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th December 2018 at 17:28. Reason: Replacing image on request.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:32   #146
BHPian

OLX has launched Cashmycar, Cardekho has acquired Carbiqi and Droom has Quick Sell. Who will benefit from these new entrants? Car seller or dealers?

I'm happy I can get multiple quotes before selling car and hopefully a good deal.
Old 3rd December 2018, 21:14   #147
BHPian

3 years back I had sold my Maruti swift to Cars24 at a good price. 3 months back it was turn of another car in my stable, Honda City 4th Gen. Based on my good experience last time, first I went to Cars24, to my dismay, the price quoted for dismally low. Then, I tried Ola Cashmycar and Trubil. Finally, sold it to Trubil for about 1.2 lacs more than what Cars24 quoted.
This can mean the following:
1) Cars24 is losing its sheen OR/AND
2) You can get good price only for staple brands like Maruti or Hyundai OR/AND
3) Other players in trying to establish their client base are going that extra mile.
Ashish0485 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 22:00   #148
Senior - BHPian

I sold my 2013 October EcoSport AT for 5.6 lakh yesterday, to a private buyer from OLX. I had 4-5 offers for 5.2 to 5.5 lakhs again from private individuals...

Quotes-
OLX cashmycar - 4.2 lakhs
Cars24 -3.8 lakhs
A private dealer had quoted 5.2 lakhs about 6 months ago.

These outfits heavily undervalue cars it'd seem.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 09:16   #149
BHPian

My experience with Cars 24 has been limited to inspection and taking quotes, which is straightaway half the market price, completely shocked and surprised how people sell their cars at throw away prices.

So, let's say you can get the 'X' amount from an individual (end user) buyer, then dealers quote you anywhere b/w 2/3 X to 3/4X and Cars 24 straight away gives you X/2.
This equation holds 100% accurate with my last 3 cars, couple of which were sold to individuals and one to a dealer.
Turbo Head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 12:50   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I sold my 2013 October EcoSport AT for 5.6 lakh yesterday, to a private buyer from OLX. I had 4-5 offers for 5.2 to 5.5 lakhs again from private individuals...

Quotes-
OLX cashmycar - 4.2 lakhs
Cars24 -3.8 lakhs
A private dealer had quoted 5.2 lakhs about 6 months ago.

These outfits heavily undervalue cars it'd seem.

The difference is the commission that C24 will take as profit and dealer commission.

Question is
-what is the service you are getting in return of the commission and is it worth it?
-would i get better service from elsewhere for the same amount of money?
-is the money worth your time if you decide to sell direct?

In your case of 1.8 lacs, it is 32% which is not worth it. A genuine dealer takes 2-4% commission. Droom takes 2% as well as per previous post.

Is car selling becoming more complicated than before?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks