Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 19:54   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
1. If this is the company fitted music system, I guess they are of Nippon make. MASS would not repair it, you will have to take it to Nippon service center in your city and they would take care of it.
Are you sure this is the standard practice? Am asking because lot of OEM parts are procured from different vendors. Isn't it Maruti's responsibility to get it fixed for me?

If it is a standard practice, it is truly ridiculous!
Old 13th October 2014, 12:34   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Are you sure this is the standard practice? Am asking because lot of OEM parts are procured from different vendors. Isn't it Maruti's responsibility to get it fixed for me?

If it is a standard practice, it is truly ridiculous!
Yes, Pretty sure as I experienced it myself. The maximum the service center would do is to help you contact the vendor and in some cases, if you are really an excellent customer to them, they 'may' take up the responsibility of getting it repaired. Either ways, check with the MASS to get a better idea.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:00   #183
Senior - BHPian

Folks, am done with my 20000km service for my ZDi.

Initially I was given an estimate of Rs. 10,000+. I asked the SA for the breakup. He had included wheel alignment, wheel balancing, synthetic oil etc. I told him that I was not interested in wheel alignment, wheel balancing. Also, i told him to put in mineral oil or semi synthetic oil. I told him that I'd not be paying for anything extra.

The bill came to 63xx. I went through the bill and found windshield fluid, nitrogen, battery check added. I told I wasnt going to pay for windshield fluid and nitrogen. Finally they dropped nitrogen off the bill amount and my bill came to 62xx.

Isn't that nice? 6.2k for a diesel vehicle?

Now regarding my stereo, about my CD player not working, they were unable to fix it but suggested that they would take the stereo off and send it to Nippon in Koramangala. Nippon would inspect it and fix it. It would take a week to 10 days. Also, I could approach them myself if it was convenient for me. I let them handle it, but then, I have a trip coming up next week. So, they have agreed to send it to Nippon whenever I go to them.

Overall, quite happy with the service.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 14th October 2014 at 17:01.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, am done with my 20000km service for my ZDi.

Initially I was given an estimate of Rs. 10,000+. I asked the SA for the breakup. He had included wheel alignment, wheel balancing, synthetic oil etc. I told him that I was not interested in wheel alignment, wheel balancing. Also, i told him to put in mineral oil or semi synthetic oil. I told him that I'd not be paying for anything extra.

The bill came to 63xx. I went through the bill and found windshield fluid, nitrogen, battery check added. I told I wasnt going to pay for windshield fluid and nitrogen. Finally they dropped nitrogen off the bill amount and my bill came to 62xx.

About normal on what I expect the service cost to be. Where did you get the car serviced?
Old 14th October 2014, 18:33   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Initially I was given an estimate of Rs. 10,000+. I asked the SA for the breakup.

That is nice and always remember when you go in for service the next time is to be sure what the SA fills in the job card before handing the car for service. Do not accept any 'extras' and be sure it is not skipped else it is an issue on the later stages.

Do post the bill of the service after it is with you. I paid 8200 for the same 20K service but had synthetic oil filled-in.

Quote:
I let them handle it, but then, I have a trip coming up next week. So, they have agreed to send it to Nippon whenever I go to them.
Good thought buddy. Such issues is better if Maruti handles it themselves rather than you going to Nippon directly and getting it corrected.

Maruti handles such issues well. Do update the thread after the HU thing is solved.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 21:07   #186
BHPian

swift Zdi going in for the 30k service tomorrow . any pointers would be appreciated !
Old 14th October 2014, 23:15   #187
Senior - BHPian

Here is the bill folks
Attachment 1298978
Thanks for all the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-img_20141014_231519.jpg  

Old 13th November 2014, 13:56   #188
BHPian

This was the 20000 kms / 2 years service of my Ritz New Model Diesel. Actually the service kit used by them was for the old swift/Dzire. Labour costs are burning a big hole in my pocket. Next time I will change the oil under personal supervision at some trusted garage. Buy the oil on your own and oil filter is available for maruti at any MGP store.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-110620101840.jpg  

adit mishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 14:25   #189
Senior - BHPian

When the rest of the manufacturers are moving towards synthetic gearbox oil and lifetime coolant(1 lakh or 1.5 lakh+ km), why is Maruti still milking customers every 20k for this?

Less pollution to the environment too.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:17   #190
BHPian

Dear folks, I am due for 20k service for my Swift ZXI.

Any pointers what would be the cost with synthetic oil filled-in?

Can anyone shed some pointers with recent service done and cost details?

Thank you!
Old 1st November 2015, 21:35   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Dear folks, I am due for 20k service for my Swift ZXI.

Any pointers what would be the cost with synthetic oil filled-in?

Can anyone shed some pointers with recent service done and cost details?

Thank you!
Dear friend,

You are in for a surprise. I had done my 20K service at one of the dealers at Trivandrum and got an unbelievable bill of Rs. 11,147/-. The service was done after they estimated approx. Rs. 9000/- and I am trying to come in terms with this exorbitant charges.

I bought a Swift VDI on the assumption that Maruti Swift has minimal costs on service and maintenance. The major rip off is 3.1 Litre of Synthetic oil costing me Rs. 3479.04 (excluding taxes) and an item "Service Kit. New Swift Deisel Ciaz" which costs Rs. 1580.79 (excluding taxes) which when enquired the service rep. said is the filter kit. It also had Coolant replacement of 3 litres totaling Rs. 746.73 and another item MG60(75W90) Quantity 2.6 for Rs. 887.85 which I am yet to get a clarification.

I am planning to put a written complaint on this to Maruti and give a piece of my mind during the feedback call. There were no repairs to be done during this service and the labour charges, wheel alignment and blower vent cleaning charges came to Rs. 2150/-.

Since this thread has been dormant for some time, I would like to know the feedback of fellow BHPians on the average 20K service costs for their Swift cars.
Old 1st November 2015, 21:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanpt View Post
I bought a Swift VDI on the assumption that Maruti Swift has minimal costs on service and maintenance. The major rip off is 3.1 Litre of Synthetic oil costing me Rs. 3479.04 (excluding taxes) and an item "Service Kit. New Swift Deisel Ciaz" which costs Rs. 1580.79 (excluding taxes) which when enquired It also had Coolant replacement of 3 litres totaling Rs. 746.73 and another item MG60(75W90) Quantity 2.6 for Rs. 887.85 which I am yet to get a clarification.
Service kit consists of air filter, oil filter and diesel fuel filter and all these are mandatory changes during the 20k service. That MG60(75W90) is your gear oil which is also a scheduled service thing as per Maruti, you can not deny all these things if you want your warranty to remain intact. You can also opt for semi synthetic oil which they have recently introduced, it costs half of what you have paid for fully synthetic and should do good for 10,000 kms.

Quote:
I am planning to put a written complaint on this to Maruti and give a piece of my mind during the feedback call. There were no repairs to be done during this service and the labour charges, wheel alignment and blower vent cleaning charges came to Rs. 2150/-.
I would advise you to get wheel alignment/balancing done outside from next time as the tyre shops do a better job at a better price. You should also say NO to these engine degreasers and blower vent cleanings which are a hoax.
11k for 20,000 service is a lot (this is in VW/Skoda territory) and it is partly down to the fully synthetic oil and the fact that Maruti has the least change intervals for things like diesel filters, coolant and gear oil, i do not think that there is any other brand who wants to change gear oil+ coolant at 20,000 kms.

I can understand your anger but the service costs have increased over the years and you have to get used to this fact, just say a no to the unnecessary things next time.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 22:22   #193
BHPian

just got my swift zxi serviced at JKS, Coimbatore (2 year 20k service but the car has run only 5k kms ). Got a bill of close to 5k and i thought it was too high for a car that has run this low. Saw this thread and am kinda relieved that this is in the lower range compared to what other members have posted. . I still think the service cost is too much. I've attached the bill pics.

I've marked some things which i think are rip-offs!

1. Cabin air filter - changed just 4 months back which i noticed only after reaching home. The car had run ~800kms between these 2 services and was always parked with the covers on inside a shed. The SA told me this filter was very dirty and hence he replaced it! This same SA handled the car during its last service 4 months back. This is a rip-off for sure, right?

2. anti rust spray for Rs. 300+? The whole can costs that amount if i'm right. Am sure they wouldn't have even used half of that can.

3. Distilled water - 3.25 litres? what are they filling? a home UPS battery?

4. screen wash concentrate - 4 packets! 4 packets for such a small container? 1 packet should be mixed with 1 litre of water. So, going by this, is the windscreen washer container 4 litres big?

5. engine oil - this was the 2nd time they've changed engine oil. The first time was during the 1st year service. But, the oil poured in during these 2 services are different! During the 1st year service, it was 0w20 and now it's 5w30. Can someone please tell me which of these is the proper recommended grade?

6. Rear coil spring and front coil spring kit - can someone please tell me what these are and what their purpose is?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-p_20151114_204732.jpg  

Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM-p_20151114_205708.jpg  

Old 14th November 2015, 22:26   #194
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post

I've marked some things which i think are rip-offs!

I take the manual with me before I give my car for servicing. I tell the guy that if he even does 1 thing which is not required by the manual without checking with me, I am not going to pay for it. Mostly they then don't do this kind of rubbish. However, once they added some additives and another time, they put some fancy air cap on the tyres (cost some Rs.50-100 totally). I didn't pay for the additive. And I asked them to remove the caps.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 22:33   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I take the manual with me before I give my car for servicing. I tell the guy that if he even does 1 thing which is not required by the manual without checking with me, I am not going to pay for it.
I need to start doing this! Thanks for the tip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks