Team-BHP - Swift diesel delivery woes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Swift diesel delivery woes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23111-swift-diesel-delivery-woes-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartikkumar (Post 545000)
However in choosing to use "influence" and threatening the manager with bodily harm, you have, in my opinion, achieved a very selfish end and served no other purpose. What I do not understand is why you had to threaten the manager? How would you like it if someone threatened to beat you up?

There is a waiting period for the Swift D across the country and if you wanted a car in 1 week, surely there were other options? I can only hope that you might consider apologizing to the manager. At the same time, I urge you to write a letter to MUL telling them what happened and asking them whether the Swift D is available at short notice?

I am sorry if you feel angry reading what I have said. I feel it had to be said and that this kind of behaviour cannot be encouraged.

I'm not going to comment on what he should or should not have done but if you notice he's mentioned that the car was specifically sent for him through a friend in Maruti & the manager tried to sell it off to some other customer because he was getting a premium there.

Do you think that's appropriate behaviour on part of the dealership & that is how they should have behaved?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 545015)
Do you think that's appropriate behaviour on part of the dealership & that is how they should have behaved?

Like I said, I do not agree with or condone the behaviour of the dealership. My point is that there are better ways of dealing with a crooked/corrupt/greedy/errant dealership than to threaten its manager with bodily harm. I am all for bringing the dealership to book and in fact did suggest that he write to MUL, bringing to their attention what can only be extortion on the part of the dealership.

I repeat, I am not trying to offend anyone, I am only trying to make the point that 2 wrongs don't make a right. I'd be happy to delete my post if it is likely to hurt any person.

Come on guys, there are a lot of morons out there. I remember when the old Zen was launched people in Delhi actually paid over Rs 70K as premium over and above the actual cost to get their vehicles fast.

one of my friend recieved the treatment here in Gurgaon, dealer confirmed for Swiift VDI for after one month, and on the day of delivery called back saying he has to wait more... I could see the sadness on his face... After a lot of thought I took him to a test drive for Idnigo Marina Dicor....., dealer agreed to deliver in 2 days if all the documents done.... He liked the car at one go......Processing took 3 days though.... but he is now enjoying the car even paying extra out of his budget....

Learn Maruti....Another lost customer.....

I embarrassed some stuff out of my dealer the other day. I was prepared to make it very clear to all their other customers and potential customers that I was not happy. A loud voice can be an advantage.

If I had contacts here like that would I use them? Well, I might, but I would not want to get involved in threats of violence. If one side has contacts, the other side has contacts too.... the thing escalates and just serves to put money in politicians' pockets just like the law puts it into lawyers' pockets. At least I've seen this happen over a property dispute.

Looks like this is a Maruti specific problem. One of my friends wants to buy a car in the 5 lakh range and obviously the Swift was considered. But, you can buy a car only after you see/test drive it right? Both dealers (Sagar and Mandovi) we visited simply thrust the price list and asked us to book. If you needed a car immediately, they wanted to sell a Zen!

I got my Swift VDi after waiting exactly 3 months, I had booked in march.. got the vehicle in June, from Pratham Motors, Sarjapur Road.

The veihicle is tooooo GOOD... :Cheering:

I initially booked SWIFT VDi as well but was so dissapointed by the waiting period that I cancelled the booking and changed it to SWIFT Vxi.
Should get it in 1.5 months time.

Threating a dealer is not a good idea. Your bound to get a lemon or worse still a car damaged purposely. You sure you got a DDis? Or have you been filling diesel in a petrol car :Shockked: hehe. j/k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 545147)
If one side has contacts, the other side has contacts too.... the thing escalates and just serves to put money in politicians' pockets just like the law puts it into lawyers' pockets. At least I've seen this happen over a property dispute.

Rightly said. Everyones a hero these days. Everyone wants to make a "hit"

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnanek (Post 545255)
I got my Swift VDi after waiting exactly 3 months, I had booked in march.. got the vehicle in June, from Pratham Motors, Sarjapur Road. The veihicle is tooooo GOOD...

Congrats on your new ride. Treat her well !

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 548884)
Rightly said. Everyones a hero these days. Everyone wants to make a "hit"

Thanks... I'm just a learner yet at how stuff works in this country!

Hi ,

I booked my Swift VDi on 25th July with Sagar auto , Bangalore. I got a call from Sagat that two days (29th Sept) back the vehicle got dispatched from Maruti. I got the chasis number etc. So I should be getting the vehicle on 5th Sep. The total wait time around 1 month and 10 days and I think I am quite lucky to get this so soon. I started following up with sagar every week and I think they must have got fed up with me.

Regards
Ravi

Hi friends,

Well I am getting my vdi immediate delivery. If anybody around pune is looking for LDi or Zxi then immediately rush to Wonder cars or they have 3 Zxi in colour Red/Silver & white & diesel in grey & white.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreddy18 (Post 549722)
Hi ,

I booked my Swift VDi on 25th July with Sagar auto , Bangalore. I got a call from Sagat that two days (29th Sept) back the vehicle got dispatched from Maruti. I got the chasis number etc. So I should be getting the vehicle on 5th Sep. The total wait time around 1 month and 10 days and I think I am quite lucky to get this so soon. I started following up with sagar every week and I think they must have got fed up with me.

Regards
Ravi

Hi Ravi U r lucky .I booked VDI on May 12 and got call to arrange finance few days back.Applied loan and need one week ,so planning to take delivery during Ganesh chauthi.:)

Waiting period has really come down... Congrats..!!

Quote:

Hi ,

Regards
Ravi

Quote:

The total wait time around 1 month and 10 days and I think I am quite lucky to get this so soon.

45 Days for a VDi in Bangalore is such a refreshing thing to hear! What colour ? Also did you opt for ABS. Lady lucks shining down on you :D

Now Im going to really put some pressure on Pratham.

Keep us updated...