Team-BHP - Swift diesel delivery woes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Swift diesel delivery woes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23111-swift-diesel-delivery-woes-7.html)

@Abilash,
Thanks. Yes. It makes sense. agree: I am ready with my finance. Just waiting :Cheering:

there is an ad in the paper today by Jagdish Khattar apologising for the delivery delays in swift and sx4.

you are right devarishi and this is the ad: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post463043

Anyone in Bangalore book Vdi-abs ?

Also would appreciate those with Vdi to state the On road cost and time of purchase (again Bangy chaps)

I have bought a VDI (Without ABS) in Feb. I paid 565000 on road.

We booked our Vdi on 12 March from Indus Motors in Chennai. i think the promise was 4 weeks at that time.

Every time we called the guy the time was increased, and when I complained to his manager the guy just laughed.

In the end I was surprised to get a call from Indus saying that if I wanted to pay extra for ABS they had a vehicle available in our chosen colour expected in about a week. I thought I'd ordered ABS anyway.

So... they guy we originally dealt with was an idiot, got a heap of stuff wrong, caused no end of trouble to the company and, don't worry, because he doesn't work there any longer. Nor does his manager.

Yes, I paid the extra for the ABS and took delivery on 25 May. The team who handled our order were excellent, and are continuing to sort stuff out for us.

So... 6 weeks. Not too bad.

It seems, though, that the dealers have little or no idea what is going to be sent to them when! It's a pity that the salesfolk are not more open about this.

If I'm looking at the right number, the on-the-road price, VDI with imobiliser, was 5,76,974. I got a few accessories, on account of the messing around by the ex-salesman, but there's no bargaining on the diesel prices at all (it seems). Seller's market!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 463153)
W
If I'm looking at the right number, the on-the-road price, VDI with imobiliser, was 5,76,974. I got a few accessories, on account of the messing around by the ex-salesman, but there's no bargaining on the diesel prices at all (it seems). Seller's market!

Alls well that ends well ! Now run over the sales guy with your torquey lady:)

Hmm 5.76 seems a more appropriate figure... I dont understand how the dealers in Bangalore have quoted 6.04 to another T-bhpian. Such a substancial difference in taxes ?

Checking the invoice for that info I see it has the word PETROL on it!!!!!

It does, however, clearly state the model as VDI --- and it goes very well on Diesel fuel! :)

Hi Thad,

Is your VDI with ABS or without?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 463148)
Anyone in Bangalore book Vdi-abs ?

Also would appreciate those with Vdi to state the On road cost and time of purchase (again Bangy chaps)

I got my Vdi on May 16th, and it is without ABS. i guess only in north india MUL is giving ABS options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebmrajesh (Post 465925)
I got my Vdi on May 16th, and it is without ABS. i guess only in north india MUL is giving ABS options.

How come Thad in Chennai got a VDi with ABS??? Are the Bangalore dealers taking everyone for a ride (literally).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebmrajesh (Post 465925)

Congrats on getting your phatboy :) ABS is available to the South too.

Iv been held up with my semester exams so not been able to visit a dealership and clear this up... maybe Im not checking it right.

As per MUL website, Swift VDI(abs) = 524283 (ex showroom).

A member on the forum has confirmed he paid 6.04 (OTR), without extra accessories or a premium to Pratham. Are taxes in Karnataka amounting to 80k now :confused:

When we had the performa invoice for the VXI(abs) taxes amount to around 60.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 466992)

A member on the forum has confirmed he paid 6.04 (OTR), without extra accessories or a premium to Pratham. Are taxes in Karnataka amounting to 80k now :confused:

may be hez bought it under company registration where road tax is thrice that of individual reg

6.04 includes Ex-Showroom price(around 5.24), Insurance, Road tax and Extended warranty for third year + Registration charges

my vdi without ABS option - on road price = 576000. in bangalore. no accessories.