Team-BHP - Swift diesel delivery woes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Swift diesel delivery woes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23111-swift-diesel-delivery-woes-11.html)

Ya , I seems to very lucky in getting the delivery so soon. I should be getting the delivery on Friday (Hopefully). The colour is Azure Grey and this is with out ABS.

Apparently out of the monthly quota of 15-20 DDis cars a dealership is sent, only 1 amongst those is ABS. Dont know how far this is true but I think the chap who told me is reliable enough.

:Frustrati

Souljah,

Thats still a pretty high number, given the average among other cars like wagonr/estilo or even among other cars? is it not?

btw, i saw many many more vxi/vdis with abs in mumbai than in delhi. delhi has many more lxi/ldis around!! so there could be a location bias too :)

Thank you All , I got my swift Vdi on 7th Sep (Firday) and I am really enjoying the ride. The waiting period was exactly 40 days and I guess I am lucky to get this one so fast. My office is just 50 meters from Sagar Automobiles and I used to visit them every week after the booking , I guess that was the reason for the faster delivery.

Enjoy your ride, how did you handle the payment, how much did you pay for the booking and then the final amount or did you pay upfront ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreddy18 (Post 559823)
Thank you All , I got my swift Vdi on 7th Sep (Firday) and I am really enjoying the ride. The waiting period was exactly 40 days and I guess I am lucky to get this one so fast. My office is just 50 meters from Sagar Automobiles and I used to visit them every week after the booking , I guess that was the reason for the faster delivery.

I paid 50K advance and took 3 lakhs loan @ 11.25% and rest of the money paid by cheque 3 days before the delivery.

Mine i am hoping will come in the end of this month and i booked White VDi with Bimal Motors in June 16th so almost 3 and half months of waiting period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 557215)
Souljah,
btw, i saw many many more vxi/vdis with abs in mumbai than in delhi. delhi has many more lxi/ldis around!! so there could be a location bias too :)

IMO Delhi folks prefer bigger cars and cannot justify spending 5+ on a small car, I might be wrong.

Its possible that minimal VDi ABS have made their way to certain locations. In fact Pratham has not entertained ABS bookings for the diesel right from the beginning. They have something like 5 in total.

Seems like Maruti has bungled up bigtime with sourcing the ABS kits as they are SGP. If I want the VDi without ABS I can have one alloted in the next shipment (so delivery before month end) but I dont want to settle for that.

Also Sunlight copper now seems to be a problem too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreddy18 (Post 559823)
Thank you All , I got my swift Vdi on 7th Sep (Firday) and I am really enjoying the ride.

Congrats !! Treat her well :D

In fact, no dealer was entertaining booking of Vdi ABS, because they know we are going to be sitting on their heads thereafter.

@Souljah - The wait is worth it, I tell you.

OT: i was driving behind a brand new VDi this morning and i was surprised to see the car spewing so much smoke, I just had to catch up with the poor chap at the next signal and made him aware of this fact and he was like :Shockked:

I think i put a wrench into his blissful driving experience;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuttapan (Post 562513)
In fact, no dealer was entertaining booking of Vdi ABS, because they know we are going to be sitting on their heads thereafter.

@Souljah - The wait is worth it, I tell you.

Thats why I refused the offer for the VDi this morning. If Id agreed I would have had my delivery by 25th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 562563)
OT: i was driving behind a brand new VDi this morning and i was surprised to see the car spewing so much smoke,
I think i put a wrench into his blissful driving experience;)

I think the car is bound to do this in the initial stage and will decrease substantially with time. Anyway wrong thread to post on, swift D smoking is being discussed on the other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 562969)
Thats why I refused the offer for the VDi this morning. If Id agreed I would have had my delivery by 25th.

Nice to be in a position where you can refuse an offer :)
I just booked my VDi and have to wait 3 months for it. I am hoping that 3 months is the outer limit because I'll be carless for a while in the meantime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1tBull (Post 568811)
Nice to be in a position where you can refuse an offer :)
I just booked my VDi and have to wait 3 months for it. I am hoping that 3 months is the outer limit because I'll be carless for a while in the meantime.

Well I have already waited almost 4 months, so I guess a little longer cant hurt.

Where did you book? VDi without ABS shouldnt be such a long wait anymore, you can maybe expect it in 45 days.

I have booked my Swift VDI with ABS on July 1st and till now I didn't heard any good news from the dealer. They are telling probably with in one month I may get it.

@s0uljah which dealer you booked with?I have booked my white VDi with Bimal motors on 16th of June, this months first week they promiced me for delivery at the end of month now they are saying October end means almost 4.5 months of waiting period.
Is theres any way to check whether their excuse is geniune or whether they alloted our wehicle to someone else?Help please from Team-BHP members.
This weekend sure ill be going to check the things at dealership.