Team-BHP - Swift diesel delivery woes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Swift diesel delivery woes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23111-swift-diesel-delivery-woes-3.html)

Unless we know better, I get the feeling Maruti has a handle on the capabilities/market acceptance of the expected Getz CRDi. I dont see any other reason they can be this confident abt holding onto customers for 6-month deliveries. When the same situation was faced during the petrol Swift's launch, they were more proactive with Jagdish Khattar publicizing capacity expansion to overcome "this uncompetitive situation in today's market" of 6-month waiting periods for the petrol Swift

Well Swift D is quite expensive.

ABS is 20k more
Deffoger + Rear Viper - 12k
15incher rubber + alloys - 35k

and thats just the basic add petes(29k)+ ICE(20k) + Stanley Seat Covers (15k) + K n N Typhoon (8k) + Exhaust (10k) + parcel shelf + clock + Vkool Sun film + Headlights upgrade Rear Spoiler (12k) and all and boy this car turns out to be real expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 412823)
hi all,

though i was not sure i wanted to start a new thread, i ve put this thread here (mods may change as you please) to understand why the swift diesel takes so much time to be delivered.

bimal has quoted 4-5 months, while i spoke to mandovi and they say 6 months time to deliver. while more bookings isnt the only reason for this, looks like dealers are approximating and doubling estimated times to be on the careful side with customers.

the last i waited like this was with the bajaj chetak scooter! i dont understand why maruti would/could not have guaged the sales figures and what exactly is delaying cars coming out when cars like palio of lesser demand is coming out early!

add to that the new baleno launch this month end and either both baleno and swift diesel could be delayed doubly or if baleno is being made faster, then there is a something specific and issue with only swift diesel. i m really bored/tired and frustrated with this kind of waiting period. if someone has inner information, can you share why this is being the case!? please:

Last week test driven the swift VDI at Sagar Automobiles Bangalore,but same delivery problem and need to wait minimum 4 months,and sales person is trying to convene me about petrol swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 414234)

do they change the rear glass for this? i mean the glass from ZXI

Slightly OT - since the diesel's so much in demand, is maruti offering lucrative discounts on petrol? what're the discounts currently being offered on the Petrol Swift in Mum, Del, Bangy etc.... here in Kolkata, its a 15K gift cheque + 5K or so off on insurance + corp disc + 3.5% payout on finance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 414234)

ABS is 20k more
15incher rubber + alloys - 35k

and thats just the basic add petes(29k)+ ICE(20k) + Stanley Seat Covers (15k) + K n N Typhoon (8k) + Exhaust (10k) + parcel shelf + clock + Vkool Sun film + Headlights upgrade Rear Spoiler (12k) and all and boy this car turns out to be real expensive.

I know that swift diesel is bit expensive than what it should have been. But your list of after market installments make it look damn expensive. Thank

Hi,

I have booked for a Swift VDi (Red) with Indus Motors Kochi on Feb 24. They were not able to give any commitments until now. Only assurance I get from them is,if the vehicle is loaded from the plant, then they can give any promise. Recently I had called the Maruti local Sales office and they have given me a reply as my estimated delivery date is in the last week of May. It could be earlier, but will not go beyond that date.
Happy now, since now I at least has a target to wait.

Abhilash.I.V
Indica DLE, 80K+, 2001 model.

I booked by VDi in RNS motors, Hosur Road on 23 Feb.
They are saying it will take one more month. I am not confident even about that as people here are saying 4 months waiting period. Any idea what is Maruti's Diesel engine production capacity?

Seriously considering Accent CRDi which needs another 1.75L.

Atlast there is some info from Maruti on the delay

Explaining the unusual situation, Khattar said Maruti's limited supply of the diesel variant was owing to a fixed number of engines allocated by Suzuki Powertrain India Ltd (SPIL), which has led to long waiting periods for the diesel variant.
And for those customers who are waiting for the diesel Swift, things are unlikely to change in the near future as according the annual plan of SPIL, Maruti Suzuki will continue to get limited engine supply.

The Hindu News Update Service

My dealer is asking me to increase booking amount. Does this really help in getting delivery faster?

I do not know whether booking amount makes a diff. I have actually chosen this dealer because the booking amount is 5K and the delivery time was quoted to me is 2.5 months.(Initially he asked for 20K saying it will be easy for arranging finance. I declined)

With other 2 dealers in Bangalore, the delivery time was same but booking amount they asked is 50 K.

To me it was told that people who gave higher booking amount will get preference. Some even gave full 5.5 lacs. They will be preferred. Even the dealers were asking for full amount. This is normally a hype created by Maruti and dealers. I did not fall for it. Moreover I wanted to see the issues which will come up with the new car Swift Diesel.

I cancelled booking of vdi and do not regret it at all. I think that petrol swift is also good enough as it costs less and my usage was also not as much to justify the diesel. For 15k km p.a. it takes 4 yrs to break even (vxi to vdi). For Lxi to Vdi it takes 6 yrs+. Diesel may have torque etc but Petrol is smoother and drives soberly and is good enough if you want to stick to Swift variant only. More torque needs careful driving also.

more torque needs careful driving ?

You need to contemplate on this ? I have felt just opposite . More torque is always welcome, only when you keep a diesel along with a petrol you realise the goodies that comes with a diesel.

Surprisingly, my swift vdi is ready to delivery in less than a week of my booking.... the sales person said i will be able to get any color except white, orange and ozone blue within a week. decided on azure gray!!

Went to Maruti dealer here. was quoted 10 days for any diesel model except the one with ABS which is again available.