Team-BHP - Swift diesel delivery woes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Swift diesel delivery woes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23111-swift-diesel-delivery-woes-6.html)

Are you guys trying dealers in nearby smaller cities ?

Hi Guys,
I received call from the dealer informing the arrival of my VDi.
Getting it tomorrow.
After almost 3 months of waiting.

hi abhilash,
congrats... at last your wait is over...

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilash_iv (Post 440362)
Hi Guys,
Getting it tomorrow.

which color your picking up? post some pics after you get the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 435780)
Are you guys trying dealers in nearby smaller cities ?

Nope. I do not have much familiarknowledge about near by cities and towns in KA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilash_iv (Post 440362)
Hi Guys,
Getting it tomorrow.

Dude you are lucky!
I called my dealer (RNS Hosur Road), I could not get hold of my Sales Executive so got number of Sales Mgr HSR road from RNS Yeswanthpur.

I am the second person in the Q for Silky Silver VDi. I booked in Feb23rd. He is saying another 2 months I need to wait. :Shockked: All along till today that sales guy was saying 3 months, this May end etc. Now I got a shock.

I asked him the sales guy promised me 2 months and max. 3 months. I am 10 days in to the job and these guys would have lied you. It is 2 vehicles we are getting every 15 days. I will try my best. That is what he said.

Pathetic! Maruti and its sales guys. :Frustrati

Looks like Maruti themselves did not expect so much success of Swift Vdi!!lol:

@blorebuddy
To get a correct commitment, I prefer you use the complaints form available at maruti site.
Maruti Udyog Ltd: address, regional offices, on road services, call centers, toll free number, call center, Furgaon, Delhi, car queries, works office, contact form, locations
I have done so. After 2-3 days I received a reply from them, giving me the local sales office number. I called up that number and the next day, they called me back to tell me that I will get the car by May last week. They also mentioned that I may get it earlier, but since they are committing it officially, they can only give this date. And I am getting it today. So 1 week earlier than the committed date.
As my dealer said, they will get the information only after the car is dispatched from the plant, and they cannot commit on any date. It seems that irrespective of the demand, they are dispatching same amount of car to all dealers. So it will be good to look around in small towns were there are less bookings for a speedy delivery.

Abhilash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilash_iv (Post 441065)

Thank you Abhilash. This helps. I was helpless thinking what to do next.
I will try this out. I will be more than happy If I get atleast in June 2nd week.

HI all , got delivery of my silver Ldi day before yesterday , my dealer was not taking me for a ride after all !! Anyways hearing rumours that big car shipments for swift Vdi are starting soon . Hope all you guys who are waiting get your car soon !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikunj_cal (Post 442082)
HI all , got delivery of my silver Ldi day before yesterday , my dealer was not taking me for a ride after all !! Anyways hearing rumours that big car shipments for swift Vdi are starting soon . Hope all you guys who are waiting get your car soon !!

I am also waiting for my swift VDI .Payed 50K at Sagar Automobiles Bangalore.Told me to wait 3 months .Still two more months need to
wait.Hope this will reduce:Frustrati

Clearly production of the Swift Diesel is not in line with demand. I don't even remember when I booked my car and hopefully I will get it in a few weeks. Seems the demand in bangalore is far higher than other cities. I was given a waiting period of 6 months and it's going to be about 5 now, so I'm not surprised. Luckily I hadn't sold my old car when I enquired about the Swift and I wasn't looking to change immediately so the waiting period helped.

Its a great car and I only wish MUL ramp up their production lines on this car!

Cheers!
K

Finally the sales guy called me and informed me that it will take another 10 days for my VDi to reach Bangalore and asked me to start the loan processing.
Oh god it is already 3.5 months, another 10 days to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorebuddy (Post 460946)
Finally the sales guy called me and informed me that it will take another 10 days for my VDi to reach Bangalore and asked me to start the loan processing.
Oh god it is already 3.5 months, another 10 days to go.

@blorebuddy
Good news at last. The 10 days definitely means that dealer got info that your car is loaded from the plant. It almost takes 10 days to reach the dealer. And I am sure you will get to hear that it has come in 7-8 days. It was my experience. To Kochi it took only 8 days, so to Bangalore also it should not take more.

@Abilash
Thanks for your update. It is very pleasing to hear that, it will be sooner.

My dealer is asking me to pay before the car arrives so that he can register the next day the car reaches Bangalore.
Is this common?

I prefer you keep payment ready (if financed, cheque/dd from the financier) and inform the dealer that as soon as you get to check your car at their premises, you will pay. Because it will be better for you to have a hold on the dealer until you see and get convinced of the car you are getting. I was allowed to take a drive inside the yard before I accepted the car and made the payment. After that they will process registration and you can get the car next day.
My friend, for his car, noticed a very minor scratch on the headlight and got it replaced before delivery itself. If you have paid already they will say it will be fixed on first service etc. and try to push.