Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 23:53   #46
BANNED

4th Service(1st paid)Maruti Estilo Vxi

Got the Car Service From Competent Automobiles,Mehruli,New Delhi.Engine Oil,Collant replaced and fuel injector cleaned.Break oil,gear oil they told me topup is enough as my car is run only 9500kms.i had given the car at 10 Am and got all done by around 5:30PM...I was checking on them while things were done.But i am still not convinced they have done all.
I had asked the service Supervisor if they dont need the service manual slip and need tick each one of things listed there..He told that is not required as this is Paid service.they do it only in free services.Can anyone tell me please whats this fuel injector cleaning??And is this seprate??other than normal Service?Rs.475.00??
I dont think they check all things as per the service shedule....The supervisor just lists few things to be check and replaced in the service sheet and i think that is the only things that gets done by the machanic.Is this right way??
I think i would never return to this service station again.....And now i see that Ac Fan is giving some noise..this wasn't there untill now...??
If this is way they service even when customer is waiting and check while getting the car service.I wonder how most of other cars get service which people just trust them and leave it at Competent.Uuffff!!!!

Total Bill Rs.2568.Here is breakdown of the bill.
Parts Quantity Taxable Amount

O Ring 4 88.16
Filter Oil 1 66.09
Coolant(SB) non Amine 1 208.89
Consumables 1 19.56
Engine Oil 3.70 724.57

Paid Service 675.00
Fuel Injector Cleaning (Petrol) 475.00

Vat@ 12.5% ---47.84
Vat@ 20% ---144.91
Service Tax 10% ---115.00
Edu.Cess On Sevice tax @3% ---3.46

Total----Rs.2568/-

I would call the Competent Guys again tommorrow for the AC Noise... hmm??

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd March 2009 at 14:07. Reason: Maximum 2 smilies per post allowed
Old 22nd March 2009, 00:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Mine 10k VDi was 1200 bucks - just oilchange. alignment i got done outside much cheaper.
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:04   #48
BANNED

ThankGod,I told the Supervisor to Remove Engine flush and wheel alignment from the servicing.I would do Alignment and balancing from outside.I think Competent or any such big service station is a Big Ripp off after the 3 Free checkup is Over.What a Shame!!!!
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyjude View Post
Parts Quantity Taxable Amount

O Ring 4 88.16

Fuel Injector Cleaning (Petrol) 475.00

Total----Rs.2568/-

1] which o ring replaced?
as your car is under warranty, they should[must] replace it free of cost.

2] i think fuel injector cleaning is required at 25000 km. why this is done at 10000km?
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:16   #50
BANNED

Its four O Rings at 88 so no worries.I think its something to do with engine.Yes i do have extenden warranty.i didnt ask more details as its was just 88...Anyways i managed to remove engine flush and other extra from the service.Else i would have made a huge dent in my next credit card bill.
What i would like to know..we pay them service fee and huge tax,sevice fees............
Why they still dont check all things as per maruti Service schedule??
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyjude View Post
O Ring 4 88.16
Must be the injector O-rings.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:02   #52
BANNED

Wheel alignment done

Just to update you that Wheel alignment and balancing done from Ceat shoppe.Cost Rs.400 with 2000kms guaranty.hutter machine and helpful staff.Its so much better than MSS.

I have decided i wont take my car to Competent Unless very much necessary.I would try smaller MSS which are i see in petrol pumbs so that atleast i can checkout each and everything what the mechaic does.
Old 7th June 2009, 13:05   #53
BHPian

Hi,
My Alto's Front screen is broken, went to MASS, asked for the quote and he told me 7K. (3k for windshield and 1.1k labour charges and rest for all misc things).

I called one Windshield store and they told be 2k including all.(laminated imported glass)
So is the price difference justifiable ?
Old 7th June 2009, 13:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
My Alto's Front windscreen is broken, went to MASS, asked for the quote and he told me 7K.....
Seems too high to me. Don't know about altos but my M800 front windshield was replaced for ~Rs 2300 all inclusive at the dealer workshop.
My Swift windshield cost me Rs 7725 to replace. Details below.
1. Glass, Windshield Rs. 3307.56
2. Molding Windshield upper Rs. 581.94
3. Garnish comp, Windshield Rs. 289.49
4. Garnish comp, Windshield Rs. 289.49
5. Glass sealant Rs. 1200.00
6. Accidental repair Rs. 1200+Taxes

7K seems to be excessive for an alto.
Old 7th June 2009, 13:36   #55
BHPian

Definitely not. If you are sure windshield is quoting inclusive of everything and is giving you a guarantee against improper fixing (such as air / water leaks) and the quality of glass , then go for it by all means.

I havent had a good experience with authorised dealers (non-Maruti in my case) who managed to scratch my dashboard when I had to change my windscreen. Better to go to the windscreen experts who are cheaper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
My Alto's Front windscreen is broken, went to MASS, asked for the quote and he told me 7K. (3k for windshield and 1.1k labour charges and rest for all misc things).

I called one Windshield store and they told be 2k including all.(laminated imported glass)
So is the price difference justifiable ?
Old 7th June 2009, 13:51   #56
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply guys.
I will make sure that I get guarantee against improper fitting.
I have some insurance issue also which I will post in the proper thread. I hope to you will help me again !
Old 7th June 2009, 13:53   #57
BHPian

Getting back to the topic, I have also noticed being charged for 'throttle body cleaning / lubrication' and 'fuel injector cleaning' each time.

Somehow I dont think it makes any difference. These two add up to nearly 800-900 Rs. What do they do with the cleaning any way? Take a needle and make sure that the holes are clean? Id rather buy an additive like BG 44K which is known to work and is cheaper.

I recommend that all of us ask clearly what is being done before work starts and a rough estimate for the same. They are required to provide this. If its too high, question each and every work that has been ticked. I am sure the service agents are told to being up the car totals as high as possible and an internal record is kept for each agent to make sure they are not too behind the average.

Better yet, read up the car manual thoroughly before you go. You will know exactly which parts need checking, replacement or top-ups. Anything extra refuse unless the car has told you so. The car does communicate with her driver by means of vibration, sound, feel. All the driver needs to do is make sure he is in complete sync with her.

Most of us can save a couple of thousands on services from such centres. I have had this experience from Vitesse in Andheri(w). Service is ok and they have goofed up twice. Once they did not shut the coolant tank properly resulting in the car overheating and stopped on the highway. It was too late and dark so my dad had to take an auto home. Next day , all the wheelcaps were missing. After putting up a fight I was given 1 extra free service. If this centre were not so close from my home, I would have changed it the next time.
Takumi-san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2009, 17:38   #58
BHPian

all the garages seem to be doing this - adding extra "goodies" like throttle body cleaning, decarbonising, etc.
I had these tacked on by Chowgules MASS to my baleno in the past.

I recently had my hyundai getz done at Alcon Hyundai, have been using Mobil 1 for last two years, and was shocked to see engine flush was done. This is totally unnecessary, and dunned me about 800/- extra!
Old 8th June 2009, 10:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
all the garages seem to be doing this - adding extra "goodies" like throttle body cleaning, decarbonising, etc.
I had these tacked on by Chowgules MASS to my baleno in the past.

I recently had my hyundai getz done at Alcon Hyundai, have been using Mobil 1 for last two years, and was shocked to see engine flush was done. This is totally unnecessary, and dunned me about 800/- extra!
Most of the time it is emotional blackmail which works on owners of new car.
At M.A.S.S I become adamant not to listen to them , Also the parts and labour for fitting them are almost invariably same. In my experience Maruti is no longer cheap.
Old 8th June 2009, 14:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Most of the time it is emotional blackmail which works on owners of new car.

When I went for first service, they asked me to take some fuel line filter(2k).
They tried to convince me how important it is to take, I simply asked, if it so important, why maruti has not put it in first place to protect the engine ????
They backed off !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks