Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:30   #16
k36
BHPian

Good experience.

I recently got some heavy scratches on my right front and back side after rubbing my new swift against concrete columns in my parking. Also there was a dent on the left front wheelarch, from another accident. All of this was repaired (left fender replaced, other dents/scratches removed, front bumper, right front and back door and C pillar repainted) with absolutely no trouble. I just had to fill in the claim form and a week later pick up the car, all costs were covered by Maruti - National Insurance. Total cost about 19K, I had to pay just Rs 600/-
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:03   #17
BHPian

I asked my friend who owns Maruti car. he said, Maruti Insurance is best if u own any of the Maruti car,. here in bangalore they never ask any question. they just repair & give a bill in which even a bike can be serviced ( around 300 to 800 Rs ).. Go for it..
Old 11th November 2006, 06:04   #18
BANNED

Last month, I decided to change my insurance for my old Maruti from HDFC Chubb to Maruti Insurance. The premium assesed by HDFC Chubb based on an IDV value of Rs.169,000 was Rs.6700.

On the other hand, the premium assesed by Maruti Insurance based on an IDV value of Rs.163,000 was only Rs.4700 !!!

T-Bhpians, checkout the difference and learn the fact that these Private sector Insurance companies are ripping us.
Old 7th December 2006, 19:11   #19
BHPian

The same thing happened to me. My Alto's left fender and hood had a serious dent. The Maruti service centre replaced the same and painted the whole area at an estimate of Rs. 5700/- (where as estimates from other denters were just Rs. 2000/- for the same) and took Rs. 600/- from me. I too thought it was amazing. But after that talking to my friends I found that I has lost some other benefits like "no claim bonus". I couldnt go through the details. They say that if one buys a new car and want to transfer the insurance, the insurance premium would be much less for the new car. Having claimed insurance once, now i wont be eligble for a no claim bonus and would have to pay the regular premium.
Any one can give some insight?
Old 9th December 2006, 05:16   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's
Having claimed insurance once, now i wont be eligble for a no claim bonus and would have to pay the regular premium.
Any one can give some insight?
Since you've claimed insurance you would lose the NCB for the next year. But you haven't specified; how old is your car ?
Old 9th December 2006, 19:25   #21
BHPian

Hi Mithun,
My Car was just 15 months old during the repair. (Bought in Aug '05 first of the lot in new shape.)
Old 11th December 2006, 19:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

you have lost your NCB for this year. you can always gain it next year & the year after that. if your expenses are anything more than the premium you have paid, go ahead & claim the insurance.
Old 19th December 2006, 19:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

autovista has opened a new branch in vikroli? how are they at providing service and insurance claim jobs? do they support cashless facility? anyone taken their service?
Old 19th December 2006, 22:49   #24
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
On the other hand, the premium assesed by Maruti Insurance based on an IDV value of Rs.163,000 was only Rs.4700 !!!
But dude, 6700 to 4700 .. there are few things which comes into play like your NCB, your IDV is as it is lowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
T-Bhpians, checkout the difference and learn the fact that these Private sector Insurance companies are ripping us.
What is Maruti Insurance? Its just that Maruti has tied up with National Insurance Company, Bajaj Allianz, New India Assurance and Royal Sundaram. Thats it. Where does the question of ripping arise. All follow the same tariff. Its only post Jan 2007 after the de-tariff thingy, it might be different.
Old 20th December 2006, 08:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

I have also heard only good things about Maruti insurance...

In fact, i Had another insurance in my 800... And every year, when that expires, Maruti insurance guys used to call me to ask if i'd like to shift to their insurance... he he...

Now, got maruti insurance...
Old 20th December 2006, 12:31   #26
BHPian

For Maruti owners, this would be the best option IMHO. The service is dealer driven, and outsourced / redirected to New India / other Insurance providers for a fact.

My experience with these guys has been very good, they've called up for renewal updates on time, provided very decent support during claim requests and with almost no fuss at all. Entire transaction happens in clear black and white, so those looking to divert costs onto insurance companies (wink wink), this will not work for you.
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:39   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
But dude, 6700 to 4700 .. there are few things which comes into play like your NCB, your IDV is as it is lowered.

What is Maruti Insurance? Its just that Maruti has tied up with National Insurance Company, Bajaj Allianz, New India Assurance and Royal Sundaram. Thats it. Where does the question of ripping arise. All follow the same tariff. Its only post Jan 2007 after the de-tariff thingy, it might be different.
Sorry, it was a piece of misinformation. There was an error on premium calculation from the part of Maruti Insurance guys. And I've posted that incorrect data. But later I forgot to correct that post.

Please note that the premium amount for both Maruti as well HDFC insurance is almost the same since both of them obeys the IRDA guidelines.

But based on my own personal experience Maruti Insurance is way ahead than other cos.
Old 31st December 2006, 11:50   #28
BHPian

new Rates ?

Any body has any clue on the new Insurance rates ? Y'day I had been to Ford and in their 2007 rate card, they have not mentioned any insurance details.

He Chap there told me the most significant factor would be if it's first time car buy etc, but also suggested that it won't be too much of US kind of premium decision and things will change slowly. He hinted that 3 rd Party insurance will be up by many-few thousands for Ford Fusion ... looks like approx. 7k hike.

How much %age hike is in Maruti Insurace ?
Old 5th January 2007, 17:23   #29

Hi Guys,
Need small help .... my swift met with small accident ......result.......front bumper gone.....
Anyone knows how to claim insurance.......My Dad was driving the car and the car is registered at my name......This accident was due to our own fault....

1. Does it make any impact on claiming the insurance, by telling the concern guy that its because of our fault this happened.
2. Since car is registered at my name and i was not driving. Will it have any impact on insurance.

Car is only 2 month old and is insured by Maruti Insurance.

Tomorrow i m gonna take car to Dealer.....
Any points need to consider.....before.....

Please help...
Old 5th January 2007, 18:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

First of all contact your local dealer & he'll help you out with the Insurance formalities including informing the insurance company, organising the surveyor's visit, giving the estimate for repairs etc. That should help you out a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul.Sharma View Post
1. Does it make any impact on claiming the insurance, by telling the concern guy that its because of our fault this happened.
2. Since car is registered at my name and i was not driving. Will it have any impact on insurance.
1. No it doesn't make any difference tell them the way it happened.

2. No it does not have any impact as Indian policies do not have a clause saying that only the owner of the driver should be driving the car.

Also take into account that the bumper is a plastic part so the insurance company will only pay you 50% of the cost. If the claim amount is not too much then it would be preferable to get the repair done yourself and also claim No-Claims bonus.

Last edited by iraghava : 5th January 2007 at 18:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks