Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 19:58   #3811
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
You are wrong here. Public sector insurance companies are having tie-ups and they provide cashless service. Haven't experienced any lag in the inspection times, till now.
I did not make a blanket statement that all PSU insurance companies do not provide cashless service. In that regard I consider your opening statement rude.

A friend who owns a Renault car has insurance from one of the PSUs. Inspection took close to a week at Renault authorised workshop in Okhla, south Delhi. Private companies like Tata AIG do it next working day. Moreover, he has to get it reimburshed.
Old 7th October 2016, 13:31   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

My insurance is up for renewal and I am debating if I should get BMW Secure again or not. I am most worried about the tires and alloys more than anything else and the people at workshop are dilly dallying when I asked them about how good are other insurance providers (I am using ICICI + Secure), I bought secure mostly for alloy wheel damage but they didn't help me when I needed it and had to get a minor bend repaired.

Is BMW Secure a scam just to get people to whip out more money? I've been hearing that insurance covers alloy and wheel damage but can't find definite wordings anywhere.
Old 7th October 2016, 16:30   #3813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I've been hearing that insurance covers alloy and wheel damage but can't find definite wordings anywhere.
The insurance does cover alloys and tyres but with different depreciation rates. For tyres it will be considered along with rubber and for alloys along with the metal depreciation rates. The wordings are there in the policy document.

Earlier a few Insurance cos would provide the Alloys and Tyres as separate add on cover but it is discontinued now.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 21:08   #3814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The insurance does cover alloys and tyres but with different depreciation rates. For tyres it will be considered along with rubber and for alloys along with the metal depreciation rates. The wordings are there in the policy document.

Earlier a few Insurance cos would provide the Alloys and Tyres as separate add on cover but it is discontinued now.
So they are included for non-accidental damage for all providers? I can't seem to find specific wordings to cover these. This angers me so much because BMW made me believe that I absolutely needed secure to cover tires.
Old 9th October 2016, 09:33   #3815
BHPian

My Tata Zest insurance is due this month.

I got a call from showroom for renewal & they are asking 19k for renewal.

When I inquired about buying the insurance cheaper on my own from the same insurer, they promptly replied sir you will not be able to go for cashless in this case.

Is this true? Can someone guide on the best way to renew the insurance?

The showroom only has tie-up with Public Insurance companies (NIC, OIC, NIA)

Though the insurance is due at the end of month, I want to renew within next 6-8 days. Is it advisable?

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2016, 08:15   #3816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Is this true?
The showroom only has tie-up with Public Insurance companies (NIC, OIC, NIA)
Not true at all unless the workshop does not have a cashless tie up with any Insurance co which in present times would be really strange. If you have your IDV correctly calculated, you can go to any comparator websites and get a quote of the premium. If that's substantially cheaper that what the dealer provides, its no brainer that you need to buy Insurance outside.
1) Get to know with which Insurance co does the workshop has a cashless tie up.
2) Get online quotes from the above Insurance co. Compare line to line.
3) Check with workshop which of the above Insurance co has a good claim processing record.
Take an informed decision.
Old 10th October 2016, 08:20   #3817
Senior - BHPian

The dealership's insurance guy is having him on in the hope of making a commission out of the sale. Forget him.

As for online quotes please don't use those price comparison portals, they will send your details to every single insurance agent out there and you will be deluged with calls.

As they use nationalized insurers - pick any one of them you like, and stick with them (especially for other insurance as well, mediclaim, homeowner etc etc). If you build up a relationship with their local staff at a nearby office that is even better / faster. I have used New India Assurance for over fourteen years now and am quite happy with their service and support.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:22   #3818
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a doubt.

Scenario as below: -
1. I have valid insurance of (say) ICICI which will expire on (say) 20 Oct 16.
2. I buy insurance online (say) in advance from another company (say) Royal Sundaram on 13 Oct 16.
3. I utilise the existing (say) 35 % NCB during purchase of my new insurance.
4. On (say) 14 Oct 16, I have an accident and produce my car for claim with the existing insurer (ICICI)
5. Claim is cleared and I get my car back.

Now, my question:
What happens to the NCB (35% in this case) which I have already availed whilst buying the new insurance?
I have already taken NCB for the new policy. However, I have made a claim.
Old 12th October 2016, 16:29   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I have a doubt.

Scenario as below: -
1. I have valid insurance of (say) ICICI which will expire on (say) 20 Oct 16.
2. I buy insurance online (say) in advance from another company (say) Royal Sundaram on 13 Oct 16.
3. I utilise the existing (say) 35 % NCB during purchase of my new insurance.
4. On (say) 14 Oct 16, I have an accident and produce my car for claim with the existing insurer (ICICI)
5. Claim is cleared and I get my car back.

Now, my question:
What happens to the NCB (35% in this case) which I have already availed whilst buying the new insurance?
I have already taken NCB for the new policy. However, I have made a claim.
In all probability, your new insurer will get back to you as soon as they get to know of your ICICI claim and they ask you to pay up the NCB benefit you had taken. In this scenario, it is actually better of to intimate new insurance company also about this claim and settle the matter with repayment of NCB.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:37   #3820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
In all probability, your new insurer will get back to you as soon as they get to know of your ICICI claim and they ask you to pay up the NCB benefit you had taken. In this scenario, it is actually better of to intimate new insurance company also about this claim and settle the matter with repayment of NCB.

KK
How will the new company come to know of the claim? Do they track these kind of things?
Old 12th October 2016, 16:42   #3821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
In all probability, your new insurer will get back to you as soon as they get to know of your ICICI claim and they ask you to pay up the NCB benefit you had taken.
+1 to KK.

But I have a different opinion. RS (say) will come to know of the claim made in previous year only when you make a claim with RS or during renewals. Before that they would not be bothered to know about your claims in previous year. So there is no one stopping you from sitting quiet. As KK mentioned, once RS gets a whiff of the claim in previous year, they will not only ask you to refund the NCB amount claimed but also impose a higher premium for the IDV. Which means you pay NCB amount + difference in the premium amount. So even if you have a claim free year, you could be eligible for 20% NCB during renewal next year.
Old 12th October 2016, 16:46   #3822
Senior - BHPian

They might even cancel your policy and informally blacklist you from becoming a customer. In which case you would find other policies you hold with Royal Sundaram also getting affected by this.

Be honest, there isn't much to lose by that.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:59   #3823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
+1 to KK.

But I have a different opinion. RS (say) will come to know of the claim made in previous year only when yo...Which means you pay NCB amount + difference in the premium amount. So even if you have a claim free year, you could be eligible for 20% NCB during renewal next year.
Makes sense that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Be honest, there isn't much to lose by that.
I do not have any damage to my car to claim (touch wood ). This was just a doubt which popped up in my mind whilst brooding over things on a long drive.
Old 20th October 2016, 01:27   #3824
BHPian

I have a 50% NCB from my old car sale (in Oct'15). I bought this used car in Nov and finally completed the registration process in Dec'15. The insurance was till Oct'16 and didn't want to waste it. Hence, got it transferred to my name by paying up a small sum then.

Now, can I use my 50% NCB to renew the insurance (of the used 2013 model car I purchased last year)? I am told by a friend that I cannot use it for a used car insurance (renewal).

So, is it possible for me to use this 50% NCB certificate to save on my current car's insurance renewal?
Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 08:19   #3825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Now, can I use my 50% NCB to renew the insurance (of the used 2013 model car I purchased last year)? I am told by a friend that I cannot use it for a used car insurance (renewal).
Absolutely, you can use your NCB accumulated till date during the renewal of your car insurance. Tell your friend, the NCB goes with the owner and not with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks