Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 12:47   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Sorry for being a novice on insurance.

I got my insurance free from the dealer as part of the existing offer at that time, so I never inquired about what type it is of, assuming that the dealer do the insurance for all customers equally. How do I identify whether my insurance is third party or comprehensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Thoma,
You are correct, Own Damage + Third Party Liability makes it a comprehensive insurance.
@thoma: Marlon's answer is correct. But I have two simple points to make.
1. Third party insurance for a car typically costs about Rs. 1200 (I did this for one of my cars a few months ago.)
2. Only 'nationalized' insurance companies can offer TP insurance.

Hope that helps in some way.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:29   #1862
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@thoma: Marlon's answer is correct. But I have two simple points to make.
1. Third party insurance for a car typically costs about Rs. 1200 (I did this for one of my cars a few months ago.)
2. Only 'nationalized' insurance companies can offer TP insurance.

Hope that helps in some way.
SUN,

All companies offer TP cover. (Im assuming nationalized means PSUs)

And the why go for only TP cover unless your cars 25 years old.

In case of accident, if the customer has TP insurance, all the cost towards repairs are paid by customer whereas in comprehensive the company pays except depreciation etc
Old 17th February 2012, 13:55   #1863
BHPian

Hi all,

Can I transfer my no claim bonus from my old car to new car without selling the old car? Both the cars are insured by Bajaj Allianz.

Please help guys.
Old 17th February 2012, 14:10   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Hi all,

Can I transfer my no claim bonus from my old car to new car without selling the old car? Both the cars are insured by Bajaj Allianz.

Please help guys.
IMO it cannot be done. You can transfer the old car NCB to the new car only when the old car is sold.

Just get it cross verified by Bajaj, if they do it then this will be new to me.
Old 17th February 2012, 14:49   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Hi all,

Please help guys.
I think this is possible. Pass an endorsement to the old policy to remove NCB. Pay the additional premium. Get NCB reserving letter. Use it on your new car.

Please get it confirmed again.
Old 24th February 2012, 14:03   #1866
BHPian

A quick question about Honda Assure Zero Depreciation Insurance (Bajaj Allianz),

The service manager at Honda Peeraghari is telling me that I can claim the zero dep as many times as I want during the policy period. This sounds strange to me since the last zero dep insurance I had (Tata AIG) had a limit of 2 zero dep claims over the year.

Am I being conned here?
Old 28th February 2012, 15:30   #1867
Senior - BHPian

I have been quoted Rs 9252 for renewal of the insurance cover for the third year of my car. The car is Punto, bought in March 2010. I bought it for around 6.5 lacs, the IDV after one year was 502896 and now they have made it 452606. This figure of Rs 9552 includes a 20% No claim bonus.

Look ok to go ahead?
Old 28th February 2012, 15:51   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have been quoted Rs 9252 for renewal of the insurance cover for the third year of my car. The car is Punto, bought in March 2010. I bought it for around 6.5 lacs, the IDV after one year was 502896 and now they have made it 452606. This figure of Rs 9552 includes a 20% No claim bonus.

Look ok to go ahead?
Looks OK, but just to confirm try out the online comparo with other Insurance companies. If at par, you can go ahead.

BTW who is the Insurer for the Punto now?
Old 28th February 2012, 16:39   #1869
BHPian

While checking online for quotes for my XETA, I got the lowest quote from National Insurance at 2950 for IDV of 120800. However, they are not available for online purchase. Soon enough I got a call from that site, stating they can offer me Oriental insurance if I am willing to forget NCB.

The lowest quote available online is about 500 extra from HDFC Ergo. How can I go about getting the lowest rate from a national insurer? Will an agent honor an online quote?
Old 29th February 2012, 18:37   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
My vista's alloy wheel was damaged(chipped) by an errant auto rickshaw. Is this covered by insurance?
BTW, it is with United India Insurance.
I don't think that they'll cover it under insurace.
Old 29th February 2012, 18:44   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
A quick question about Honda Assure Zero Depreciation Insurance (Bajaj Allianz),

The service manager at Honda Peeraghari is telling me that I can claim the zero dep as many times as I want during the policy period. This sounds strange to me since the last zero dep insurance I had (Tata AIG) had a limit of 2 zero dep claims over the year.

Am I being conned here?
Please call up the Bajaj Allianz helpline number and check with them regarding the claim limit in case of 0% dep insurance. I highly doubt that one can claim as many times as one wants and get the benefit of the 0% dep clause.

The policy documents usually mentions that the claim can be made only 1/2 times per year. Do not take the words of the Service Manager, check before you take the policy.

SD
Old 1st March 2012, 07:56   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
While checking online for quotes for my XETA, I got the lowest quote from National Insurance at 2950 for IDV of 120800. However, they are not available for online purchase. Soon enough I got a call from that site, stating they can offer me Oriental insurance if I am willing to forget NCB.

The lowest quote available online is about 500 extra from HDFC Ergo. How can I go about getting the lowest rate from a national insurer? Will an agent honor an online quote?
Which site are your referring to? Why should you forget about your NCB? Sounds fishy to me.

If you are going for an online quote, you will no longer need the Agent. Oriental Insurance does have online Insurance buying and renewal, have your tried?
Old 1st March 2012, 09:33   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
I don't think that they'll cover it under insurace.
They are covered by Insurance as alloys is a part of the standard vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post

I just renewed my insurance for 4 yr old XETA at ICICI Lombard. IDV - 1.8 lacs, Premium - 3.8K
Old 1st March 2012, 14:31   #1874
BHPian

Ok, so after haggling with 4 or 5 different cos., the best quote is 3114 for an IDV of 1.22lacs with no voluntary excess. This is from Berkshire. They also offer some add on features free like overnight stay in case the car is not repairable in 12 hrs outside 100km radius, taxi reimbursement etc.

I still have about 2 weeks to finalize, so unless something really good comes up, I will go with this. The policy is generated online, though the website is not very friendly. The customer service was much better.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:18   #1875
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, car insurance does not cover scratches deliberately made by someone on the car.

Is there any insurance provider which covers scratches deliberately made by miscreants ?

I stay in an apartment complex which houses a lot of kids and teenagers. Some of these teenagers loiter around the parking area and keep fiddling with the parked cars.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks