Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 00:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

The change is similar to the facelifted Corolla, its just the same story again.
Ask Toyota to make a change all they do is give the headlights a Chinese eye kind of look by elongating the sides of the headlight.

If you see the old corolla and compare it to new one its same type.
One other change is the grill, they have make it similar to Endevour now.

Hopefully, The butched up Fortuner will not get the real Male SUV look
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:06   #32
BHPian

The news sounds alarm bells for the current fortuner owners , I being one of them. Though the new front is not as appealing as the current one still it would find acceptance in no time.
Its not the looks but the possiblity of automatic transmission which paomts me to keep an eye on this thread .(so as to dispose off my current one on time). Having used the BMW 6 speed and tried skoda's DSG ,I wish Toyota can do something better than the 4 speed automatic transmission they sell across the world.
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:05   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But since it is already selling in huge numbers, don't know how much Toyota would be willing to bring in a change.
The Altis is also selling well, yet Toyota facelifted it no? The Qualis was discontinued when it was the best selling UV in the market.

It's Toyota's philosophy to keep updating / replacing their product periodically. Helps the brand and keeps their line up fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
IMO, more than the exterior changes T-fort should get interiors changed, I think many owners feel that they are sitting in Innova by paying a Fortune
Bingo! The one area where the Fortuner has to improve is on the inside. Though I personally don't have a problem with the Fortuner's utilitarian interiors, I do know of way too many broken deals where potential owners looked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But disappointing about the 4spd a/t bit.
True. Atleast a 5 speed AT + rear disc brakes are a MUST in the 20 lakh segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
I fear this facelifted Fortuner will have a higher price than the current model. I read somewhere in the region of 30 Lakhs. :(
Rubbish. No facelift increases the ex-showroom price by that much.

Another area where Toyota has an opportunity to improve the Fortuner is the ride quality.
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Altis is also selling well, yet Toyota facelifted it no? The Qualis was discontinued when it was the best selling UV in the market.

It's Toyota's philosophy to keep updating / replacing their product periodically. Helps the brand and keeps their line up fresh.

Bingo! The one area where the Fortuner has to improve is on the inside. Though I personally don't have a problem with the Fortuner's utilitarian interiors, I do know of way too many broken deals where potential owners looked away.

True. Atleast a 5 speed AT + rear disc brakes are a MUST in the 20 lakh segment.

Another area where Toyota has an opportunity to improve the Fortuner is the ride quality.
The Fortuner's interiors are actually quite good but the only problem is that they resemble a car that costs half as much!
The ICE also needs an upgrade. Toyota should provide a touch-screen type with GPS et al. Even the Endeavour comes with sat-nav.
I agree with you that the 5 speed AT is necessary. The Endeavour also comes with 5 speed AT.
Price will be increased by 50k-60k but it won't near the 30 lakh price tag by any chance.
Old 24th May 2011, 00:17   #35
BHPian

it has been years and hundreds of posts by fellow car lovers that the innova-ish intriors have been criticised but hardly any posts which praises its prado-ish engine when it shares the same unit with some improvements.
I must say its a wonderfull package all together and if parts sharing brings down the cost of production , everybody gains.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Toyota should introduce the new Touch Screen DVD/Aux ICE from the new Corolla immediately in the Fortuner. Let the facelift come as per schedule next year; would really spruce up the already great package for now.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
The news sounds alarm bells for the current fortuner owners , I being one of them. Though the new front is not as appealing as the current one still it would find acceptance in no time.
Not sure why this should wring an alarm bell for people who don't care about AT or reselling. I bought the Fortuner to keep it for many years. Minor facelifts really don't matter - they can be done aftermarket anyways.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted version looks nice alright. How about changing the interiors and upgrading the brakes now? Thats imperative. No rear disc brakes is just not expected in this segment.
And I seriously doubt that this would affect the pricing. Maybe a few K's here & there but not in the house of lacs.
Interiors and brakes, on the current one are a major deal breaker for me personally.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:30   #39
BHPian

Here's another pic of the facelifted T-Fort. Looks like a Photoshop rendering to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfaceliftrendering.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 20:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Strange Wizard, that clearly is a photoshoped picture of the current Fortuner, the air dams and the air scoop which has been done away with, make it clear
Old 25th May 2011, 03:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

@GTO and Others

I have taken the plunge booked Grey Fortuner on 23 May, as per the sales rep i should get a confirmed date for delivery by first week of June. Like everyone else the one change I would like to see is the ICE upgrade, rest like Nilanjanray says does not matter much.
Given that should i wait or take delivery (am assuming it would not be more then 2months for delivery?) I am confused...

Last edited by LL4X4 : 25th May 2011 at 03:51. Reason: better formatting
Old 25th May 2011, 08:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

^
I was in same boat as you and was going to book, but now I'm waiting...
Old 25th May 2011, 13:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
@GTO and Others

I have taken the plunge booked Grey Fortuner on 23 May, as per the sales rep i should get a confirmed date for delivery by first week of June. Like everyone else the one change I would like to see is the ICE upgrade, rest like Nilanjanray says does not matter much.
Given that should i wait or take delivery (am assuming it would not be more then 2months for delivery?) I am confused...
LL4X4, if the ICE is only problem that you see then I think you should continue with existing booking. If budget permits there is whole lot of options that are available in after market ICE fittment. And very professionally done as well. 50K INR should get you a very nice ICE with couple of screens, DVD player, GPS and more.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:20   #44
BHPian

I doubt if they will go for a 4-speed autobox IF they launch it , cause if you look at new corolla they launched it with a 7speed a/t and i doubt if toyota will go a step backwards and add a 4-speed a/t in a 20 lakh car
Old 31st May 2011, 21:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
@GTO and Others

I think you can go with the current Fortuner. Facelifted Fortuner will be made public in the auto show this yr end. Hence, launch will be in Jan next yr. Waiting that long once you have made up your mind is very difficult in my opinion.I would have gone ahead with the current one if I were in your place.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks