Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 13:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Added features I can make out are -
1. HID Projector headlamps
2. Powered seats
3. New 17" alloys
4. Touchscreen Navigation system with bluetooth phone support and aux/ipod and usb jacks and reverse camera
5. Auto Transmission
6. Cruise Control
7. New Front/Rear/Prado grill
Minor
9. New Bonnet Scoop
10. New instrumentation/Grey Wood finish
11. Headlight washers
Old 20th July 2011, 13:48   #92
BHPian

Check out the video of the latest Fortuner:-

Apart from the exterior modification,I think EBD is added which was not present earlier I guess..... not sure though .....

BIBIN004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 16:43   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Added features I can make out are -
1. HID Projector headlamps
2. Powered seats
3. New 17" alloys
4. Touchscreen Navigation system with bluetooth phone support and aux/ipod and usb jacks and reverse camera
5. Auto Transmission
6. Cruise Control
7. New Front/Rear/Prado grill
Minor
9. New Bonnet Scoop
10. New instrumentation/Grey Wood finish
11. Headlight washers

I think the new Fortuner looks great! Especially the new headlamps.

The big question here is how many of the above toys will actually be available for the Indian buyer.

IMO the auto transmission, new ICE, and the new wheels should be a must for India. Or atleast as an option
Old 20th July 2011, 17:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

I feel all the features should make it to the Indian version, why should we be treated any less. Plus with smaller sedans getting a lot of these features, you do expect a huge 20L semi luxury SUV to tick all the right boxes.

Ok now i understand why many felt the front seems to have gone soft.
After watching the video, though i liked the front. It definately has gone soft compared to the current model.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:25   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

IMO the auto transmission, new ICE, and the new wheels should be a must for India. Or atleast as an option
I'm sure Toyota would think about it. Especially when one considers the Ford Endeavour and the endless list of features that it comes with. More than a few customers would be willing to buy the Ford over the Toyota, purely on the basis of features.

Reliability isn't everything these days. The feature-list talks. Take a look at the Hyundai i20, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Ok now i understand why many felt the front seems to have gone soft.
After watching the video, though i liked the front. It definately has gone soft compared to the current model.
It looks closer to its bigger brother now, the Land Cruiser, with those stretched-out headlights and that imposing grille. Good facelift by Toyota, but they could have done more to the rest of it. Looks a bit half-baked, I'd say.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

In Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm sure Toyota would think about it. Especially when one considers the Ford Endeavour and the endless list of features that it comes with. More than a few customers would be willing to buy the Ford over the Toyota, purely on the basis of features.
You are right, the Ford feature set with the touchscreen and GPS etc etc is rather tempting. But these can be installed on the T-Fort too by going aftermarket.

Reliability isn't everything these days. The feature-list talks. Take a look at the Hyundai i20, for example.
You bet mate! People look at the i20 as extreme VFM.

It looks closer to its bigger brother now, the Land Cruiser, with those stretched-out headlights and that imposing grille. Good facelift by Toyota, but they could have done more to the rest of it. Looks a bit half-baked, I'd say.
Half Baked! i agree. One thing i have noticed is that Toyota is not really good at facelifting.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:48   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
In Bold

Half Baked! i agree. One thing i have noticed is that Toyota is not really good at facelifting.
Couldn't agree with you more, mdsaab!

I mean, the least they could have done is given it new side-cladding and perhaps, a fresher rear-end. Honestly, the Fortuner's be-hind is very uninspiring and bland. Some tweaks in the design could change things. And as far as I can tell, the front-end didn't really require such a overhaul. It's the rear that needed it the most!
Old 20th July 2011, 17:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

In the end, its just a facelift...

Hardcore off-roaders/driving enthusiasts would still prefer a manual; Cruise control is almost useless in Indian conditions; ICE is the most needed upgrade. Old instrumentation looks better than this new blue one; Headlight washers most wouldn't care about; Alloys is a personal choice (I liked the old ones better); Wouldn't mind the new grill and the powered seats though...
Old 20th July 2011, 18:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, mdsaab!

I mean, the least they could have done is given it new side-cladding and perhaps, a fresher rear-end. Honestly, the Fortuner's be-hind is very uninspiring and bland. Some tweaks in the design could change things. And as far as I can tell, the front-end didn't really require such a overhaul. It's the rear that needed it the most!
Spot on again mate. In Complete agreement. The rear needed more attention. Looks like Toyota designers wanted to do a great overall facelift job. Worked overly hard on the front and interior. by the time they reached the sides they were tired. Once it was time to facelift the rear, the deadline was around the corner. So they did a half baked job!yep i said it again. and re-designed the tail lights, with a swoop.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:37   #100
BHPian

I may be shot for saying this by Toyota Lovers - No offence meant !!!

I serious hope Toyota does some justice by reworking on the Fortuner interiors in their upcoming model. The current interior is crap and thats not what a consumer should get at 22+ lacs. Agreed most of the fortuner lovers don't care about this and booking are still going strong.

I recently had an opportunity to drive fortuner (belonging to one of the local real estate guy - obviously !!!), boy-o-boy I must admit that car looked awesome from outside but looks awful inside!!! Believe or not, I did ask him whether the interior really belonged to fortuner !!!

Agreed that fortuner looks butch and inspires awe on road 'but' as a owner you are sitting inside and you should get a better interior than what is being thrown at you !!!
harishpr is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 22:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Came across this Carscoop blog. 2012 Toyota Fortuner: SUV Version of Facelifted HiLux Makes Asian Debut - Carscoop Seems to have some more views of the New Fort including the Bangkok premier link. The more I look at it, the more I am liking it. The Front though not so dashy as the present genre, makes a solid stance with the LC type headlamps, broader grill and large front bumper with fogs set in heavy black lower bumper. Seems to be improved from utilitarian aspects in the inside than the plusher interiors.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:56   #102
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Read this on Vicky.in

Toyota has launched a refreshed version of its SUV Fortuner for the Thailand market.In India,Toyota plans to launch the same in early 2012.Toyota has given the new Fortuner Facelift with many new features.It is powered by a 3.0-litre common-rail diesel motor that churns out a power of 169bhp.Toyota has developed a latest “Diamond Tech” system in the new Fortuner to improve its fuel efficiency.

Unquote

Any idea what this Diamond Tech system is? Is it not available in the current Fortuner?

I was looking at the Toyota Thai site http://www.toyota.co.th/en/fortuner/#/exterior

The rear combination lights looks more retro with a pinch of "Cruze" style.

I like the looks of the facelift, but IMO the butch look has disappeared. The interior has improved, but i better liked the central console and the instrument cluster of the existing Fortuner.

Last edited by MAS : 21st July 2011 at 10:58.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Any idea what this Diamond Tech system is? Is it not available in the current Fortuner?
AFAIK the diamond tech is employed in its petrol motor option which is available in Thailand but not given in India for obvious reasons. It is to do with its fuel injection system.
Old 21st July 2011, 16:39   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
'Diamond Tech' is the new improvisation made by Toyota motors to enhance the performance, mileage and most of all the life of engine. The engine of fuel injectors will have a diamond like coating which increases the accuracy of fuel injection thereby saving the life of injectors and combustion components of the engine. Thus, the Diamond Tech provides more efficiency and mileage to the vehicle.

This latest technology, "Diamond Tech", is a patented fuel-saving technology available in the new Toyota Fortuner 2011. The powertrain in the Fortuner is upgraded with the “diamond tech” technology that comes with 32 bit ECU which controls the fuel nozzle for more fuel efficiency and economy. The entire system runs through the intelligent 32-bit computing unit responsible for no excess oil in engine leading to better fuel efficiency and responsive acceleration in all driving conditions.

The 32-bit operating system responsible for maximum efficiency calculates the amount of fuel in excess due to the reduced speed of the engine. Then it leads to injection of an independent oil in each cylinder with separate calculations. Another improvement is the fuel nozzle which gets the diamond-like carbon coat to improve the spray of fuel. The oil burns cleanly with the fuel injector needle coated with specially "Diamond Liked Carbon Coating" preventing sticking of dirt and soot, minimizing clogging of the nozzle thus increasing durability of the injection system and the engine.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for this face lift. Now I can start thinking about change now as the family is dead biased against the sedans now after tasting the ride of the SUV for the last 3 years. Time enough to gather the moolah
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks