Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is a Skoda worth buying anymore?
Yes - The strengths of the product outweigh the ownership headaches 67 23.51%
No - Service and Support matter to me as much as the car 218 76.49%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 12:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

A three year old thread still active? And still very much relevant?
It very much portrays that our senior members (eg.GTO) were well aware of the situation and the recent events (eg. Harishv's case) has proven the facts against skoda when this thread was initiated. Not only it shows that we Indians had been long ripped off by Skoda but also portrays that most of us tend to learn it the hard way.
And as for my answer to the title of the thread: It never made sense to buy a skoda but after the recent events that have surfaced, it has further consolidated my belief.

Regards.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:21   #167
BHPian

Three years ago I would have said yes but have just voted no. I even considered purchasing a Skoda Laura. With the discounts they are/were offering it became extremely VFM but finally got scared of the infamous Skoda A.S.S.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:40   #168
Senior - BHPian

Was surprised to see the no.of pages this thread filled up with in a very short time frame. It took me few minutes to realize this was a three old thread which was given life, but surprisingly whatever written by GTO in the first post seems continue to happen even today.

Shows the way we highlight the real problems well before to create an awareness among consumers.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:58   #169
BHPian

Haha so relevant even after 3 years...shows the level of progress the company has made.

If nothing changed in 3 years, I'm not convinced anything will change for another few years. So no, I would never buy a skoda.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:06   #170
BHPian

Have voted for No, I think after listening from owners of Skoda's and reading of some of the nightmares of some guys in this forum.

No one would dare enough to buy any product from Skoda. Atleast till the time they improve their services.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:15   #171
Senior - BHPian

GTO and others at T-BHP - are you guys even listening to yourselves? 3 years ago you knew about all the various issues of Skoda and even after Harish's case and huge number of threads against using skoda as logo, you continue to use the red skoda as your logo?

Come on and be transparent about why you still persist with the skoda and that also for more than 3 years.

I will not visit any thread now on this site, till I see the red skoda gone. I will check every week, but that is it. No reading or contributing to any threads till I see the skoda gone.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:29   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
GTO and others at T-BHP - are you guys even listening to yourselves? 3 years ago you knew about all the various issues of Skoda and even after Harish's case and huge number of threads against using skoda as logo, you continue to use the red skoda as your logo?
Sandeep, there have been loads of discussion on this and the mod team has said they need time to change things.

Quote:
Come on and be transparent about why you still persist with the skoda and that also for more than 3 years.
If you are questioning the integrity of Team BHO, then let me tell you that Team BHP is not funded by any thing close to automobiles.

Quote:
I will not visit any thread now on this site, till I see the red skoda gone. I will check every week, but that is it. No reading or contributing to any threads till I see the skoda gone.
Checking every week will count as visiting the site
Old 25th April 2009, 16:01   #173
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
A three year old thread still active? And still very much relevant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Was surprised to see the no.of pages this thread filled up with in a very short time frame. It took me few minutes to realize this was a three old thread which was given life, but surprisingly whatever written by GTO in the first post seems continue to happen even today.
Just shows that Skoda has done nothing for its customer concerns in three whopping years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
3 years ago you knew about all the various issues of Skoda and even after Harish's case and huge number of threads against using skoda as logo, you continue to use the red skoda as your logo?
At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

1. We still love the vRS - India's first true affordable drivers car - for what it is. Most of us also love the new Superb. However, what stinks is Skoda India's attitude.

2. The red RS on the top is supposed to shuffle (just as it does on the team-bhp/web home page) with a Civic, Jeep, Amby & Swift.

3. We do NOT receive a single rupee in marketing / promotions from ANY organisation linked to the Indian automotive industry.

4. Team-BHP has been the FIRST to bring Skoda's malpractices to light in India.

I am going to have to ask you this : Watch those baseless accusations.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

what really put me off Skoda, and this was before the recent happenings, was the very fact that Skoda was selling 2 generations of the same car, and touting the 2nd gen as "a luxury car". Which really ticked.

I really respect Toyota for that reason, they pulld out the Qualis - which was very popular at the time and introduced the Innova, which rocked even more. That takes guts, and goes a long way to prove the company's commitments to the market.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:49   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post

I really respect Toyota for that reason, they pulld out the Qualis - which was very popular at the time and introduced the Innova, which rocked even more. That takes guts, and goes a long way to prove the company's commitments to the market.
+1 to that. I guess Qualis sold like hot cakes (though do not have any idea of their sales figures then) & was like when they replaced with a big brother. Now innova rules the market & that too is a guess as I do have their sales numbers
Old 25th April 2009, 16:57   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
what really put me off Skoda, and this was before the recent happenings, was the very fact that Skoda was selling 2 generations of the same car, and touting the 2nd gen as "a luxury car". Which really ticked.
Maruti sells 3. The Alto, Zen (old), Estillo. and the A Star together. Yeah. I do not know how to count.

Hyundai sells Accord and Verna side by side.

PS:- GTO, I know it is tough being a mod, of any community, on line or not and understand you having to reply the way you did; but I did not take Sandeep's post as an accusation - mean, I will give sandeep the benefit of doubt.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 25th April 2009 at 17:04.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2. The red RS on the top is supposed to shuffle (just as it does on the team-bhp/web home page) with a Civic, Jeep, Amby & Swift.
GTO, at least for me it does not shuffle. For years i have been seeing that RS only. I am ok to seeing it, just thought i will let you guys know - that shuffle may not be working for everyone.

I use Firefox, if it means anything.
Old 25th April 2009, 18:33   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Hyundai sells Accord and Verna side by side.
Nice typo. I wish they did: I might be able to afford a Hyundai Accord!
Old 25th April 2009, 21:08   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Maruti sells 3. The Alto, Zen (old), Estillo. and the A Star together. Yeah. I do not know how to count.

Well, actually you are correct as well as a bit incorrect about the Marutis.

M800 is gen-1 alto internationally.
Zen is gen-2 alto internationally. (which has been discontinued and we have Zen Estilo).
Alto is gen-3 alto internationally.
A-star is gen-4 alto internationally.

Estilo is MR Wagon actually but not an Alto.

So, we indeed have 3 altos here but estilo is not one of them, also zen (pre-estilo) has been long discontinued.

Thought I may clarify, no offense.

Kindest Regards.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:14   #180
BHPian

No...!

Does't really matter how good the product is without proper service its as good as being a dud.

My 2 cents

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks