Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 04:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Update;

I got in touch with my friend. His brother is 100% sure, its not the Landy. Its similar to RIII, just not like concept, a little bit more mature. It has front of sx4 and ritz, more on the lines of new swift. It was going to japan for approval and its gonna be in Indian market in next 3-4 months.

If anyone remember, this is the same guy who gave us scoop of A-Star and Ritz. At that time it was the same thing. I was in market in 3-4 months.

He also gave another big news that he saw Dzire CS and its confirmed for launched in next 2-3 months too since it was going to Japan just like this MPV. As per him, there is premium look to this MPV and it is definitely eons ahead of Eeco and Xylo. He said expect SX4 level fit and finish inside out.

He works in an airline which takes vehicles to Japan for approval. He also came across Micra, Toyota Liva hatchback, Yeti when it was to be launched in India. He was not even aware that all those pics he clicked would have been considered as Scoop in automotive arena. So he didn't bother sharing to pics. Now he knows.
chevelle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 04:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Actually I think the 5 seater would also sell well. People will buy it for its boot space and many tours and travels companies may also buy it if they want a cheap and VFM people's mover. There is also a possibility of some of the fleet cab companies buying it.
Size wise this car will be just a wee bit bigger than the Eeco/Versa.
As per my friend, it will come in 7-seater disguise only. If there are major changes in a car that is sent to Japan for approval, its always there. In this case, it will be 7-seater. There will be an option to remove those seats to improve boot space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It's very doubtful that a person who took photos of the rear, seats and dashboard, forgot to take the photo of the front side. . Please ask him to give the photos by tomorrow morning.

From the images and also by assumption, it won't have a big bonnet. IMO, its front side will look very similar to that of Ritz. And that may be one of the reason why the photographer didn't even mind to click it!
Trust me, he didn't bother taking it. He comes across plenty of such cars everyday, so its no biggie for him. Only on showing him this thread he became aware what a huge ruffle it has created in automotive scene.

He also confirmed that front is very similar to ritz/new swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Excellent Scoop!

2) The car might be based on Opel/Vauxhall Meriva. Opel Meriva also has short rear window after C-pillar.

3) The engines will have to be stronger. Much stronger than the small diesel they have for small cars. That engine wont do.

4) Price. As I mentioned earlier, I dont think that this is bigger than Innova and with a small diesel motor and anything more than Rs. 9 lakh OTR price, Innova would rather look more VFM with much bigger engine and more space.

If its not Meriva, then for sure it loooks like some MPV based on either currnet Swift/Ritz or the newer Ritz. Now that the new Swift is really a new arrival even in international market, this possibility looks rare.

Pricing will be key to success IMO.
Its 100% sure, its not Meriva. It is totally different. The platform would be based on swift/ritz. It is not bigger in size like innova or xylo. So it is gonna be priced competitively. More between ritz and sx4. Engine will be the current ones - 1.2L K12 and 1.3L DDis. The only thing uncertain is 75ps or 90 ps in Diesel.

Pricing is key, but MS is known for great value, so its not gonna be surprising. Expect huge waiting list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Autocar also has managed some spy pics of this car! Front is similar to the Ritz. Here's the link - Maruti
Awesome, this clears everything. Now we can stop comparing it with vans and meriva and likes.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:37   #78
BHPian

MS has done a great job here. A nice looking people mover with Maruti brand name will sell like hot cakes if priced correctly.

It looks much smaller than Innova so wonder how they managed to fit 7 seats. It will be interesting to see the inside space and comfort. IMO they have to price it well below Innova. My guess is around 8L OTR for a fully loaded Diesel with ABS and Airbags.

All in all a big thumbs up.
Old 2nd June 2011, 07:28   #79
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a clear winner from Suzuki. I always felt there is a good market for compact MPVs in India. Vehicles of these size are quite popular in the Asian market, and are normally derived from a hatch sibling, and also powered by a similar engine. These are not performance machines, and hence the types of 1.3 DDis will surely do justice to the package.

This is not in the same segment as Innova, but could well eat into Innova sales (maybe Toyota will respond with an Avanza launch). Though I am not sure why there is a comparison with TATA Venture.

Just for comparison, attached is a picture of Freed MPV from Honda, which has almost identical dimesions to the Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-freed.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2011, 07:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Im pretty sure it is this car. the front quarter glass looks very similar.

The interiors are very modern and based on the new swift. I expect it to come with SX4's diesel engine and be priced similarly to it as well. It could actually give decent competition to Xylo and be a good option for a first MPV.
I believe the front quater glass panel is additional feature in this model.
According to me this vehicle seems to modification of ECCHO model, which has not picked up sales in the market place. Maybe i am wrong in my assumption or presumption.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:24   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
I believe the front quater glass panel is additional feature in this model.
According to me this vehicle seems to modification of ECCHO model, which has not picked up sales in the market place. Maybe i am wrong in my assumption or presumption.
Please see post #74 in this thread. It doesn't look anywhere close. Eeco sales have been good. In May they sold 6212 Eeco's.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

These pictures have now appeared at many sites. Some of them are given below - all the below ones have given due credit to Chevelle and Team-Bhp.Great scoop there. And this looks like a good alternative to Xylo and Innova to be able to carry 7 people. Priced right (which Maruti usually does), this is bound to be a great success.

Last edited by pjbiju : 2nd June 2011 at 10:53.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
7-seater MPV of this size is quite possible. In SE Asia, Honda has got a similar model 'Freed', which is based on the Jazz.
Kia Rondo is also a 7 seater (by a stretch) but serves the purpose and it's dimensions are driver friendly too.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
This will hopefully bridge the biiiiiiiiig gap between the Eeco and the Xylo / Innova in terms of size and price.
No. Personally, the gap I see between Eeco and Xylo/Innova is not so much a matter of size or price as it is of engine choice, i.e. petrol versus diesel. Even without diesel engine Eeco sold more than 6,000 cars a month in May which is more than combined sales of Innova?Xylo. Imagine what it will do to Innova/Xylo if Eeco had a diesel engine.

Now many, like me, do not find Eeco attractive. So, if they lauch an Eeco-sized and nearly Eeco-priced MUV with a diesel, imagine what it can do to other MUVs.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:57   #85
BHPian

Looks decent from all angles although would have looked more appealing if the head lamps were less like Swift or Ritz. Horizontal and slightly thinner shape would have lent some character.Interior looks promising with elegant and simplistic styling. Quality appears similar to the Swift (average).If it is dubbed as an APV, what is the ground clearence and what other attributes make it so. It doesnt look like it has a higher ground clearence and so does the wheels which look smaller. 7 seater coupled with a diesel engine will be a hit.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:00   #86
BHPian

Autocarindia has shown further pictures of this testing MPV in Rajsthan. They have shownt he front profile and the side profile as well. Looks very Innovaish from behind and Swift from front. According to Autocarindia, it a kind of longer version of Ritz.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Autocarindia has shown further pictures of this testing MPV in Rajsthan. They have shownt he front profile and the side profile as well. Looks very Innovaish from behind and Swift from front. According to Autocarindia, it a kind of longer version of Ritz.

Since this mule is even not camouflaged, Can We expect it to be launched very soon?
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:50   #88
BHPian

Yup saw the front in Autocar India. Looks quite good for an MPV. I think it will do very well with a diesel heart and looks the perfect size for family outings in the city! Its amazing that they are testing a brand new platform (rather newly designed car which is not available anywhere else in the world) without any Camoflage.

Here is the front.. Taken from Autocar India! Now we have the complete coverage of the car +

Name:  MPV.bmp
Views: 5418
Size:  468.7 KB

Last edited by sarmarishi : 2nd June 2011 at 12:55.
sarmarishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:12   #89
BHPian

The vehicle is based on the Sx4 platform and that means it is going to be above 4 meters in length. Also, it is not going to be cheap considering the fact that its got a diesel mill and has premium interiors which is a direct lift from the new Suzuki Swift. So from my POV this new MPV will most likely be priced on par with the Suzuki Sx4 (diesel).
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:33   #90
BANNED

Now, this is the area where I have concerns:

1. The door shut lines have big gaps.
2. Very short third row glasses means very limited space for third row seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
According to me this vehicle seems to modification of ECCHO model
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
The vehicle is based on the Sx4 platform and that means it is going to be above 4 meters in length.

No, it has a lengthened Ritz platform but strictly under 4m, IMO. But the width will remain the same as Ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-553734d1306962713scooppicsmarutisuzukisnew7seatermpvmaruti_02_new_0.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd June 2011 at 15:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks