Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 18:10   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems there is enough (and just enough!) space for 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
It has got sufficient space on the 3rd row for two passengers and I could see from the pictures posted here that we have also some space left for luggage. If specifications released are correct, I suppose it is lengthier like innova.
The Innova's length is 4585mm, width is 1760mm.

In comparison here are the Ertiga specs: overall length: 4265mm, overall width: 1695mm.

Thats a difference of more then 300 mm which is a lot of difference. The leg room will be at a serious shortage. The lesser width will also not help. So I seriously feel this will be more apt as a 5 seater rather then a 7 seater.

Last edited by drmohitg : 6th January 2012 at 18:13.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:16   #557
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Innova is quite huge for personal use in the city.I think Ertiga would be the ideal size, i am waiting for the price of the diesel version.hope they launch it soon.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:38   #558

Finally, an official update from Maruti website:

Global premiere of New compact MPV - Ertiga at Maruti Suzuki pavilion

Great mileage!

Class leading Performance and Efficiency

The Indian specification Ertiga with a petrol engine delivers a peak performance of 70kw@6000rpm and a maximum torque of 130Nm @ 4000rpm. The Certified fuel efficiency (as per CMV Rule 155, India cycle) of Petrol Ertiga is a top of the class 16.02 km per litre.

The Ertiga with the high powered Diesel engine in India will deliver a peak power of 66kw@4000rpm and a top end torque of 200Nm@1750rpm. The Certified fuel efficiency (CMV Rule 155, India cycle) of Diesel Ertiga is a class leading 20.77 km per litre.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:42   #559
BHPian

To me, the front looks like a cross between swift and ritz and the rear 2/3 looks like a stretched Jazz. I really doubt if can accommodate 7 people in comfort even for short distances.
Any idea if the mid row seats are on rails?
Old 6th January 2012, 20:13   #560
Senior - BHPian

This, along with ecosport are probably the biggest stars of the 2012 autoexpo. I really like what im seeing here and only fly in the ointment is the 1.3l engine. I hope it isnt underpowered for an vehicle of this size. I have read the seats recline and fold, but havent heard if the middle bench is on rails. I wish maruti all sucess with this, this has all the makings to become a super duper hit.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:15   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

The Innova's length is 4585mm, width is 1760mm.

In comparison here are the Ertiga specs: overall length: 4265mm, overall width: 1695mm.

Thats a difference of more then 300 mm which is a lot of difference. The leg room will be at a serious shortage. The lesser width will also not help. So I seriously feel this will be more apt as a 5 seater rather then a 7 seater.
Even I was thinking the same. With 4.2 length, how is maruti thinking of fitting 7 people in this. It's taking Indian customers for granted. When it comes to Tata, people want everything and everything and everything, but with maruti,Hyundai.. hmmm
Old 6th January 2012, 20:35   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Even I was thinking the same. With 4.2 length, how is maruti thinking of fitting 7 people in this. It's taking Indian customers for granted. When it comes to Tata, people want everything and everything and everything, but with maruti,Hyundai.. hmmm
Im sure they managed to fit 7 mini japanese engineers in there
Old 6th January 2012, 20:40   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Official Maruti Ertiga Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Lets stay away from mentioning Tata at all man. They always end up in long ugly discussions .

But yes I doubt the back seat can be used to seat a full sized adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Im sure they managed to fit 7 mini japanese engineers in there

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks