Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 20:16   #511
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

This would be a comfortable 5 seater. May be the last row for kids below 6 years would be ideal. Are there any information on the prices yet?
Old 29th December 2011, 14:02   #512
BANNED

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Source: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga spotted. To be unveiled at Auto Expo - CarWale News

New image surfaced.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-8473_l.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 14:24   #513
Senior - BHPian

This looks so good! I hope maruti has produced ample number of ertiga's to support the demand. From some angles, its a mix of Outlander, Jazz and Ritz
Old 29th December 2011, 14:34   #514
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is bang on here! Affordable 7 seater, even though the last row is only for kids { which is the case with most 7 seaters, even endeavour's last row seating is very bad, only innova is an exception} I think it will be a the next big thing for maruti after the swift! I quite like maruti's strategy here. They know that they cannot beat the rapids / ventos / vernas in the c segment, so they create a product that is exactly at this price range, but with a difference! There is no other manufacturer who is even close to such a product in India, at least not for the next 2 years. i know the mini xylo is coming, but that will not find favour with a lot of urban families.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:44   #515
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
New image surfaced.
I quite like this. Can be a winner for MSIL as this will be a new segment. Crucial for MSIL would be launch with a proper pricing strategy and take advantage of being the first mover.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2011, 14:44   #516
BHPian

Ertiga's backside looks very neutral. If only MS could have made the Ritz backside same as the Ertiga's backside, it may have helped Ritz sales a lot more
Old 29th December 2011, 15:23   #517
Senior - BHPian

One of the recent Suzuki's to have been designed to garner wide acceptance I would say. Nice looking car, much better than what its current competition (if any) have. Space could be at a premium in the last row. If Maruti plays its VFM card well, it will sell without a doubt.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:41   #518
BHPian

Just had a talk with somebody who has driven this vehicle (cant tell u who he is), this vehicle according to him is a sure winner in terms of driveabilty and the space, he says after driving it he had decided then and there that his next vehicle will be the same, he says the pricing will start from 6 lakhs, Diesel is the same as SX4. Btw the guy works for MUL.
ranc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:58   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Just had a talk with somebody who has driven this vehicle (cant tell u who he is), this vehicle according to him is a sure winner in terms of driveabilty and the space, he says after driving it he had decided then and there that his next vehicle will be the same, he says the pricing will start from 6 lakhs, Diesel is the same as SX4. Btw the guy works for MUL.
I hope we get to see a TD report from Team-BHP as soon as it is launched. At this price it sure is a winner. Does anybody know the specs of the car in terms of safety and electronics? Is ABS standard these days? I am looking for a 7-seater ( even if the 3rd row is only for kids) and the closest I have come to deciding is the XUV as Aria does not have a good rating on Team-BHP while the Toyota Fortuner is way too expensive for my budget. Will this car give XUV a run for its money?
Old 29th December 2011, 17:08   #520
BHPian

Looks good and plain ( plain and simple like GTO would say ). Clean curves are nice to have. Might get this if GC is above 180mm. No need to get a SUV when a MUV can be more practical for family.

I just hope ZDI doesn't cost more than 9L on road.
Old 29th December 2011, 23:47   #521
BHPian

It surely is a winner , that is for sure. And it will inevitably have a waiting list not shorter than that of the dezire at-least .

After seeing the spy pics which reveal litereally everything about the car , only one thing concerns me .

How well would the 1.3L diesel engine be able to perform while having 7 people on board + some luggage ??

Considering its a MUV , one fine day a family will take it on a hill station trip and i cant understand how would the 1.3 cope up in such a situation where it faces a a steep incline with 7 on board ..??
Old 30th December 2011, 08:37   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Considering its a MUV , one fine day a family will take it on a hill station trip and i cant understand how would the 1.3 cope up in such a situation where it faces a a steep incline with 7 on board ..??
With space in the 3rd row restricted to just kids and some small hand baggage, the load in the 3rd row will be less than 100 kilos. The 1.3 diesel and k14 petrol engines should munch this additional load comfortably.

Also, I presume that extensive road testing would have been done by MUL under full load and inclined road conditions.
Old 30th December 2011, 10:27   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
With space in the 3rd row restricted to just kids and some small hand baggage, the load in the 3rd row will be less than 100 kilos. The 1.3 diesel and k14 petrol engines should munch this additional load comfortably.

Also, I presume that extensive road testing would have been done by MUL under full load and inclined road conditions.
Very aptly put. Plus add to that the superior torque 1.3L Diesel mill produces, which is adequate for most of the inclines in hills.
Shouldn't be a problem I think.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:42   #524
Team-BHP Support

I don't think this one has been posted before.

Thanks to Amar Keshav for sending it in!

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-amar-keshav-maruti-ertigan.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:36   #525
BANNED

The current problem with Maruti is its limited Diesel engine capacity. Currently they have a Diesel engine plant with a capacity of 3 lakh units yearly. Another 1 lakh engines are planned to be bought from Fiat. That means, 33k - 34K Diesel vehicles monthly.

Presently Swift + Ritz + Dzire + SX4 sells around 35 K units monthly. Assuming 80 - 85% of them are Diesels, the total Diesel number stands at 28 - 30K. So the extra capacity that can be allowed for Ertiga Diesel will be just 5 - 6K units monthly.

Add to that, the new DZire CS launch. Assuming that current DZire and new DZire CS will be sold side-by-side, they may need another 5K for CS Diesels. What will Maruti do other than making their customers waiting and waiting?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd January 2012 at 15:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks