Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 23:42   #436
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Not impressive at first glance. I stand a little disappointed. Not only does the vehicle appear a bit cramped from outside, a lot more could have been done on the styling front. Hope at least the pricing maintains sanity now!
Old 7th December 2011, 23:59   #437
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

It certainly looks much taller than the verna though, so seating 7 persons would not be a problem in this layout. But will they be comfortable? Not sure!

Interesting comments from Mr. Srivastava too. The top of the line hatchback variants appears to be starting from 6 Lakhs for the petrol and around 7 Lakhs for diesel. If one of the potential customers are upgrades from this segment, then my guess would be a starting price of 6.5 for the Petrol and 7.5 for the Diesel.
Old 8th December 2011, 00:33   #438
BHPian

If priced +50K to ritz diesel then it can be a success. Length also seemingly below 4m. It cannot be pitched against Innova. mini Xylo will be the competition IMHO.
Old 8th December 2011, 08:28   #439
BHPian

From the pictures the car looks quite compact. It's been a long time since I've been wanting this kind of a vehicle which can occupy 5 people comfortably and give you another 2 seats just as an option for that rare case of having to accommodate extra people. Couple of years back I was forced to buy an Innova as there was no other quality option at that time. A vehicle which drives neatly and where one does not have to put up with the dynamics of a ladder-on-frame and also the bulk of one is a very very good proposition for many of the families.

Having said that, I am more inclined towards the Duster or Eco-Sport as my self drive option. This can end up playing the part of chauffeur driven family car.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:31   #440
Senior - BHPian

This is a good catch revved_up .

As it appears in the picture, it is not as wide as Fluidic Verna, but surely as tall as the Wagon R ahead (in 2nd picture). Not sure whether the 3rd row seating would be as good as the Innova (which exactly is not as good generally), but accommodating 7 passenger (2+3+2 configuration) could be a tight fit (not snug fit) due to Ritz (small car) underpinnings. Can be shopper (~soccer) mama's delight & city run for extended family. Price it around the SX4 (with discounts) & it should definitely sell well in Metros & Hills.
Old 9th December 2011, 18:16   #441
BHPian

Moved for watermarking, will be moved back soon

Ok, i caught this one again.
This time on the Old Delhi Gurgaon road. This was a different vehicle and variant. This one did not have the wiper at the back, but it had alloys, they looked like 15"(?)

Here are the pics:
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-09122011548wm.jpg

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-09122011549wm.jpg

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-09122011550wm.jpg

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-09122011551wm.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th December 2011 at 18:53. Reason: Watermarked the pics. Thanks for sharing
revved_up is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 18:26   #442
Team-BHP Support

Now won't this car make things a bit interesting in the MPV segment.

Mahindra's Xylo seems to be doing well, despite not being upto the mark. One can only imagine how well this Maruti MPV would do if priced correctly. We don't want another Versa show, MSIL, we want the real deal. Something that would give even the Innova the shivers.

Fron the spy-pictures in the previous page, the styling and design seems to be a blend of various Marutis, including the new Swift's face! Hope it doesn't end up looking like a bloated Swift!
Old 9th December 2011, 19:24   #443
BANNED

Re: Moved for watermarking, will be moved back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Ok, i caught this one again.
This time on the Old Delhi Gurgaon road. This was a different vehicle and variant. This one did not have the wiper at the back, but it had alloys, they looked like 15"(?)
Thanks for the much-expected almost-complete side profile picture. Seems like it has a Xylo'ish look - the bonnet is too small compared to the length of the car.

Notice the extra length of the second row door. An almost flat roof combined with the height of Ritz means huge head room at the rear.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th December 2011 at 19:29.
Old 9th December 2011, 20:38   #444
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Thanks revved_up. Superb catches in both the posts. To me it looks like Closest Clone of Innova from the side and rear profiles unless you notice the finer creases on side and rear, the front bonnet though seems a little shorter than Innova. Could have easily passed as FL Innova if the FL Innova 2012 version was not known earlier and had it not been for the camouflaged but quite visible 'S' logo at rear.
Old 9th December 2011, 20:48   #445
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

definitely a pick and drop employee cab to eat into xylo / innova market if the interiors are good or tavera/ sumo gold market if priced lowly.

Its a huge market and high time we see some replacements for xylo. Lets see who surfaces as a replacement for these vehicles Maruti Ertiga or Toyota Avanza. Both will most probably priced from 6-9 bracket.
My vote goes to Toyota Avanza for the T badge reliability and trust of fleet operators.
Old 9th December 2011, 21:52   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Thanks revved_up. Superb catches in both the posts. To me it looks like Closest Clone of Innova from the side and rear profiles unless you notice the finer creases on side and rear, the front bonnet though seems a little shorter than Innova. Could have easily passed as FL Innova if the FL Innova 2012 version was not known earlier and had it not been for the camouflaged but quite visible 'S' logo at rear.
Dont think this car can be mistaken for an Innova, it is much smaller, both in height and width.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:15   #447
Senior - BHPian

Pricing is going to be the key here,i would say 6-8 lakhs?Cant help but notice the Wagon-R in front of it and it height wise seems the same, maybe a bit lower.No way it can be substituted for an Innova,but lets say someone wants a more modern Eeco,this is it.

3rd row seems to be a squeeze and also a bit claustrophobic.Other than that an excellent product and gives a new option for people looking at a family mover smaller than Innova/Xylo.With prices of the incumbent MUVs heading north of 10 lakhs,this will be a refreshing change.

Wasnt this supposed to have a sliding read door,remember reading something like that.
Old 10th December 2011, 00:49   #448
Senior - BHPian

ok now I may be a little paranoid here but since when did Gurgaon start having its own temp regn list? In the last 3 years I've only seen HR99 series being used for temp numbers. Is that a valid regn number? If so, how did Maruti manage to get it while lesser mortals don't?
Old 10th December 2011, 08:41   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
No way it can be substituted for an Innova,but lets say someone wants a more modern Eeco,this is it.
Exactly, innova/xylo are much bigger. Ertiga is for someone who wants a modern and also a diesel alternative to Eeco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
ok now I may be a little paranoid here but since when did Gurgaon start having its own temp regn list? In the last 3 years I've only seen HR99 series being used for temp numbers. Is that a valid regn number? If so, how did Maruti manage to get it while lesser mortals don't?
Exactly my thought, how come these Ertigas(i have spotted 2) seemed to have a regular registration plate(since i have never seen a HR26 temp number ever on any other car).
Old 10th December 2011, 11:22   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Dont think this car can be mistaken for an Innova, it is much smaller, both in height and width.
oh, don't know myself in that detail. From the pics, not getting very good idea about the dimensions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks