Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 16:36   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
7-8 lakhs OTR for the mid variant diesel should be great VFM and will set the sales chart on fire. Please remember that there is a mini xylo in the near future too.
7-8 L for a platform based on Ritz / Swift is a high price I believe. Does 7 / 8 seaters get some tax concessions ? I remember the SE telling us that Omni E will not have to pay the life tax, but rather a yearly tax. And yeah, that was way back 1999 though.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:24   #152
BANNED

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
7-8 L for a platform based on Ritz / Swift is a high price I believe.
I don't think Maruti has to price this car so high because it is conceived by Maruti and they don't need to pay any royalty to Suzuki for this design, though engine and other parts may still attract a royalty. The pricing of Eeco is an example, IMO.

Regarding the width for 3 passengers in a row: Ritz's upper half is narrower when compared with this RIII whose upper half is almost as wide as its lower part. So, there will be more room for shoulder and head.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-r3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th June 2011, 18:28   #153
Senior - BHPian

IMO if Maruti gets the pricing right, they have another winner here. Vehicle looks well put together. Rear could have been better. Slightly better tail light design could have saved the rear.

Definitely

OT: Is TATA thinking of 'Manza Marina' kinda 6 seater?
Old 7th June 2011, 19:03   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
OT: Is TATA thinking of 'Manza Marina' kinda 6 seater?
Ofcourse it's on the cads. That's why the Marina was killed without a proper successor(sigh), as they know a 7 seater would sell more than a box.
Old 7th June 2011, 21:15   #155
BHPian

thanx for the revelation chevelle, it gonna be another turf war for MPVs and good time for customers. nobody can deny the strong network of maruti A.S.S.

Hope maruti doesn't spoil the sport with an underpowered engine variant. else, its a hands down win for them and months of booking period for customers.
Old 7th June 2011, 21:31   #156
BHPian

Maruti is going to have this segment to its own for a couple of years at the least - a good 6-7 seater MPV with all the bells and whistles at 7-9lakhs. Let's hope that Maruti gets the price / features combination right...
Old 7th June 2011, 22:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

I highly doubt this is the RIII.. Not even remotely close to what was displayed in the autoexpo. I think the RIII is still cooking and will come at a much larger price point than this.
Old 7th June 2011, 22:55   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I highly doubt this is the RIII.. Not even remotely close to what was displayed in the autoexpo. I think the RIII is still cooking and will come at a much larger price point than this.
If you are saying about the style then don't have any doubts,this IS the RIII.
Suzuki concepts have always been futuristic and striking ,but when these concepts come into production the whole game changes. Only exception being that of the Swift.
Rest all, the Kizashi and A star concept had show-goers oodling but then the production model came , it was just like any other Suzuki.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:02   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
7-8 L for a platform based on Ritz / Swift is a high price I believe. Does 7 / 8 seaters get some tax concessions ? I remember the SE telling us that Omni E will not have to pay the life tax, but rather a yearly tax. And yeah, that was way back 1999 though.
You see, the current SWIFT VDI retails for about 6.5L in Bangalore OTR and the DZIRE VDI is about 7.6L OTR Bangalore, so a 7 seater even if based on the same platform with a 90BHP VGT at 7-8 lakhs OTR would be great VFM!
Old 8th June 2011, 15:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You see, the current SWIFT VDI retails for about 6.5L in Bangalore OTR and the DZIRE VDI is about 7.6L OTR Bangalore, so a 7 seater even if based on the same platform with a 90BHP VGT at 7-8 lakhs OTR would be great VFM!

Yes considering the fact that this would be on a stretched ritz/swift platform it would be retailing above the current dzire (which again is based on swift platform) specially if it has the 90 hp VGT. Plus this has a zdi so the top model may well touch 8.5 to 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Ofcourse it's on the cads. That's why the Marina was killed without a proper successor(sigh), as they know a 7 seater would sell more than a box.
If a UV based on the manza is on cards then it defenitely would get interesting. Price it within the RIII and we may see some serious competition between this and the RIII. The Manza one will defenitely have a huge upperhand in space
Old 8th June 2011, 15:45   #161
BHPian

Quote:
You have not accounted for extra row of seats and the new interiors which seem to be a straight lift from the yet to be launched Swift. The new Swift would be expensive than the previous one and going by that logic, the price of this 7 seater would be at least 8 lakhs I feel.

Still would be VFM if the product turns out good overall.
Old 8th June 2011, 16:03   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
..Suzuki concepts have always been futuristic and striking ,but when these concepts come into production the whole game changes. Only exception being that of the Swift.
Rest all, the Kizashi and A star concept had show-goers oodling but then the production model came , it was just like any other Suzuki.

In fact this is true with most of the manufacturers. The concepts are "concepts" and not necessarily similar to the production version. Typical concepts are made flashy, look exotic and used to portray where the company is heading and showcase the technology that one may see in future. In practical these are the same things that make it impractical to mass produce at a attractive price.
Old 8th June 2011, 16:32   #163
JLS
BHPian

Ecko already is a decent 7 seater with fair ampount of space. More than few Ecko CNG cabs are running in Ahmedabad - these are 5 seaters, but even with large CNG tank, they have sufficient boot space - which makes me believe that ecko with some improvement can be a serious contender for 7 seater MPV segment(currently Ecko is perceived as an economical people mover - rightly so ).

In my opinion, Maruti should offer Ecko with 1.3 DDIS engine and improved interiors, better suspension and adds few features (power steering, power windows)

Any comments?

Regards,
JLS
Old 8th June 2011, 17:27   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
In my opinion, Maruti should offer Ecko with 1.3 DDIS engine and improved interiors, better suspension and adds few features (power steering, power windows)

Any comments?

Regards,
JLS
Ofcourse, then i would be a huge hit,not that it's a failure now,but people who wouldn't have thought of buying would also buy it as a family car.
Plonking the diesel engine is the big thing, but Maruti doesn't seem to be bothering at all and seems to be satisfied with the current sales.Can't blame them though. On second thoughts,yeah blame them for not readying a diesel Eeco.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:21   #165
BHPian

Hi,
This might be out of context here, but i spotted another 6/7 seater LHD Wuling(GM-SAIC) testing around pune. Im guessing it would be badged as a chevrolet, just wondering which segment of buyers these vehicles would be targeted at. After a bit of googling, I think the kind of engines on offer dont seem to be in the same ballpark as the Xylo/Innova, so it cant be an outright commercial people mover. The build quality and interiors seem to be better than the Eeco, which pegs it above the breadbox segment of Omni/Eeco. Im confused, request your take on this BHPians...

Happy Revving,
DReddy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks