Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 20:15   #181
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Pricing will not stop taxi owners from considering its a MPV from Maruti. I mean many other costly cars are used as taxi's so that should not matter.
Well. In that price range, Mahindra Xylo will seem VFM to a Taxi operator. RIII's diesel engine won't be much suited as a load puller as that of Xylo or Innova's. Also Taxi operators like rear wheel drive vehicles which are less complex and relatively easy to repair.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 24th June 2011 at 20:22.
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 21:12   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Well. In that price range, Mahindra Xylo will seem VFM to a Taxi operator. RIII's diesel engine won't be much suited as a load puller as that of Xylo or Innova's. Also Taxi operators like rear wheel drive vehicles which are less complex and relatively easy to repair.

Maybe as city taxicabs but not as the ordinary tourist taxis which make the bulk of the taxi sales. The engine is suited for a personal use,not load carrying usage, and also the front engine rear wheel drive layout which the RIII lacks may turn down many cab drivers.
Old 25th June 2011, 00:11   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, the RIII will look very different from what you see here in this page - headlamps will be different, grill will be of a different shape, and the front wind-shield will be much steeper than this.
Production version of R-III will feature the same set of Headlamps, Grille, Foglamp recesses, Bumpers as shown in these renderings as these are actually based on the design cues taken from the R-III spied by AutocarIndia few weeks back.
Although, both of these are Photoshop edited pics.If you clearly watch them out you can easily know that these are PS edited Ritz pics.

IMHO, Its pricing would be nearly;
-1.4 K-series Petrol: 5.99-7.20 lacs.
-1.3 DDiS VGT Diesel: 6.99-8.25 lacs.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 25th June 2011 at 00:22. Reason: Text editing
Old 25th June 2011, 09:20   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Production version of R-III will feature the same set of Headlamps, Grille, Foglamp recesses, Bumpers as shown in these renderings as these are actually based on the design cues taken from the R-III spied by AutocarIndia few weeks back.
Although, both of these are Photoshop edited pics.If you clearly watch them out you can easily know that these are PS edited Ritz pics.
The dark red car is a PS job on the new Swift. The grille, alloys, ORVM, the door lines all are from the new Swift. They have worked on the lower part of the front bumper, head lights and the rear.

The Silver car is based on the Ritz though. The alloys, ORVM, front quater glass all are from the Ritz.

I guess the MPV will be based on the new Swift. Or else, we wouldn't have seen the dash from the new Swift in the spy pics, though in beige. The added width of the new platform will give the car some proportion.
Old 25th June 2011, 12:12   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not only the second picture, but the first one also is a Photoshopped one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
I feel it’s quite irresponsible for a reputed auto magazine to publish Photoshop edited images – unless it is obtained from the manufacturer sources itself.

Quote:
I still believe that the RIII will be of under
4m length.
I think the length will be somewhere around what they have mentioned in the article. It may not be really practical to keep it under 4m, and secondly some kind of price difference with their hatch models (Swift and Ritz) will do no harm (for Suzuki).
Old 25th June 2011, 12:22   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I feel it’s quite irresponsible for a reputed auto magazine to publish Photoshop edited images – unless it is obtained from the manufacturer sources itself.
As long as they admit it as 'artist's impression', it is fine. ACI has been spot on with some of the earlier renderings (like ANHC for instance)
Old 25th June 2011, 18:15   #187
BHPian

One thing seems to be forgotten by all.Versa used to come in a 3 row configuration.Hence expect rlll to come with a decent amount of interior space.I would certainly buy it if ZDi is priced <10lacs.

my first post.Team-BHP member.HURRAY
Old 25th June 2011, 19:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Xylo starts at 7.29 lakhs and is around 200 mm longer than the supposed RIII. I know that may not necessarily translate into spacier interiors vis a vis the RIII which as per autocar is 4275 mm long. Engine is slightly more powerful than the DDIS with vgt. Carwale says xylo has So in my opinion if the RIII gets into the xylo territory and does nt have space to match it may well end up losing on the VFM front unless its loaded to the hoot.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:59   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Xylo starts at 7.29 lakhs and is around 200 mm longer than the supposed RIII. I know that may not necessarily translate into spacier interiors vis a vis the RIII which as per autocar is 4275 mm long. Engine is slightly more powerful than the DDIS with vgt. Carwale says xylo has So in my opinion if the RIII gets into the xylo territory and does nt have space to match it may well end up losing on the VFM front unless its loaded to the hoot.
I don't think you should be comparing the RIII with the Xylo which has a body-on-frame construction. R-III will have a monocoque construction leading to better driving dynamics and more car like feel. So, it is aimed at individuals who prefer owning a car which provides an option to seat 7, but is also as stable as a normal sedan/hatch.
Old 25th June 2011, 22:57   #190
Senior - BHPian

Image published in the print version of ACI looks more close to the car in the scoop picture.
Old 25th June 2011, 23:43   #191
Senior - BHPian

Was thinking of replacing my dzire with an innova in 2 years time. But this R3 changes it all! I always felt that an innova or a scorpio would be not be too great for every day personal office commute. You see, 6 seats is not something which you need all the time and even if the r3 is not as comfortable as an innova, it is still a good trade off for the size and every day practicality.
Maruti, please launch the R3 ZDI 90BHP VGT at less than 9-10 lakhs OTR
Old 27th June 2011, 10:30   #192
BHPian

The all black interiors would look good but the scoop pics in the first page looks like it is dual shade. I hate biege and I dont understand the fascination of some people for entry level cars. Most of them they look and feel cheap
Old 27th June 2011, 13:21   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Also, instead of the arched roof of Ritz, RIII will have a flat / drooping roof like Wagon-R.

This is the reason why I am saying that the arched roof in the rendering (red image) will not come in RIII. In the scoop picture, the roof is somewhat flat / going down towards the front end - like Wagon-R.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-maruti_02_new_0.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-riii-1.jpg  

Old 27th June 2011, 16:00   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The all black interiors would look good but the scoop pics in the first page looks like it is dual shade. I hate biege and I dont understand the fascination of some people for entry level cars. Most of them they look and feel cheap

Beige creates an illusion of being more spacious comparitively as it is a lighter colour.This holds true especially for passengers.Having said that personally i like black better as I never give up the steering.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:13   #195
Team-BHP Support

Some more comments on the RIII:
Source: Youtube - Autocarindia.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks