Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 19:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusKarro View Post
Another view of the same car with Mumbai plates in Chennai.
Nice catch there BusKarro. The Sunny is being spotted quite frequently now and this should be the clearest front view of the car in India till now.
Old 5th May 2011, 08:53   #47

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

And the back... The Mumbai plates are intriguing.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-29042011329.jpg  

BusKarro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 10:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Sorry if I am offending anybody's thoughts here. But why are most auto manufacturers doing such a shoddy job when it comes to integration of boot in their hatchbacks? How long do we have to live with 'less-than-perfect' designs like Indigo Manza/CS, Nissan Sunny and Suzuki Swift Dzire? As if these are not enough, the new shortened Dzire looks atrocious. When is this going to end?
I agree about the Dzire but i think its a bit unfair to say that about the Manza. And its absolutely ridiculous to say that the Nissan sedan is a boot integration job of the Micra.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:56   #49
BHPian

Nice Scoop BusKarro.
Sunny definitely has the looks of a Large Car. From the front, it looks like a mini-Innova. Now the Boot is definitely not the best looking in the segment but IMO much better than Manza, DZire and the new Fiesta.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusKarro View Post
And the back... The Mumbai plates are intriguing.

Even the Micra had the MH plates when it was being tested around Chennai, may be related to the address that Nissan have on official papers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1691121

Last edited by indivic : 5th May 2011 at 15:08.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:52   #51
BHPian

Saw the test vehicle in GST today (no pix as it was coming in the opposite direction).
It had MH Test plates (TN is not issuing test plates as of now).

The side profile looked really nice and the chrome on the front grille was elegant. Looks like a good sedan is in the making.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Is it only me or is the front grill a near replica of the pre face-lift Honda Accord? Its a good thing though. The exteriors look good and proportionate, but the interiors would never get my vote though
Old 12th May 2011, 16:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
I agree about the Dzire but i think its a bit unfair to say that about the Manza. And its absolutely ridiculous to say that the Nissan sedan is a boot integration job of the Micra.
I didn't say that Manza looked bad. I just mentioned that it looked 'less-than-perfect' which it actually is. Anyone would agree that Manza does not have the perfect boot integration job.

And the Sunny sedan what we see here is also called Versa in international markets and the same platform has a hatchback variant which is also called Versa/Tiida in international markets.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:52   #54
BHPian

Hello people, I just wanted to know if you guys have any idea about the launch dates? Also engine variants/trims/pricing any other information
Old 16th May 2011, 11:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Hello people, I just wanted to know if you guys have any idea about the launch dates? Also engine variants/trims/pricing any other information
Sometime after September, one of the OEM suppliers to Nissan has confirmed this, Nissan has asked them to supply (bulk) parts starting September. Hence the conjuction.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Latest sightings of the "Sunny", courtesy Overdrive:

Nissan ‘Sunny’ on its way to India? - Nissan Sunny spotted testing - News : Overdrive

As per the above report this car is expected to be launched in later half of 2012. But this OD report does not seems authentic/ logical. They have quoted the engine sizes as 1.4L diesel (1.5L on Micra) & 1.2L petrol (Same as Micra). IMO 1.2L Petrol will be too underpowered for the car that seems bigger even when compared to Manza, unless they have the turbo petrol, which would shoot up the costs.
Old 17th May 2011, 18:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Latest sightings of the "Sunny", courtesy Overdrive:

Nissan ‘Sunny’ on its way to India? - Nissan Sunny spotted testing - News : Overdrive

They have quoted the engine sizes as 1.4L diesel (1.5L on Micra) & 1.2L petrol (Same as Micra). IMO 1.2L Petrol will be too underpowered for the car that seems bigger even when compared to Manza, unless they have the turbo petrol, which would shoot up the costs.
I wouldn't bother too much about their thoughts on the powerplants, like the VW group, Nissan have the triple and 4-cyl for the hatch and sedan offerings respectively.

The Micra is one of the lightest hatchbacks in the market (in petrol guise) and therefore a sedan from the same platform would probably add 100-150 kgs which would still put it at about the same weight as an Indica Vista petrol or a Figo Duratec or Dzire.

In the end , it all depends on how Nissan want to position the car - ANHV/Vento/ANHC or Etios/Dzire/Manza/Fiesta Classic
Old 17th May 2011, 18:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
The Micra is one of the lightest hatchbacks in the market (in petrol guise) and therefore a sedan from the same platform would probably add 100-150 kgs which would still put it at about the same weight as an Indica Vista petrol or a Figo Duratec or Dzire.

In the end , it all depends on how Nissan want to position the car - ANHV/Vento/ANHC or Etios/Dzire/Manza/Fiesta Classic
Take a note of all hatch derived sedans, the added weight is generally in the range of 70 to 100 kg only
The sedan would compete with the ANHV/ANHC/Vento/Fiesta segment. This is because of the premium positioning of the Micra hatch, which suggests the same. Also since the sedan has extensive designing done on the body front, it'll push costs up. If you notice, the Manza, Dezire, Etios are all boot-jobs og their hatched sibblings. But the segment above has properly re-designed/ re-engineered cars.
Old 18th May 2011, 03:27   #59
BHPian

Hey guys checkout this video of cars.com if you havent. I dont think the headroom at the rear is that good even though the guy says its good. I think this will be a good car against the Dzire though.

Old 18th May 2011, 10:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Take a note of all hatch derived sedans, the added weight is generally in the range of 70 to 100 kg only
Well the point I was trying to make is that, even if it would weigh 150 kgs more than the hatch, it would still be quite light on the scales.Therefore if I was Nissan I would probably think of offering a basic variant with the same engines as in Micra ...a la Hyundai Verna.

The keywords in my previous post should have been "even if" which I missed to add.

Last edited by indivic : 18th May 2011 at 10:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks