Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 10:56   #241
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
any specs leak Sid? is an AT planned? are they bringing in the 1.5L motor?
I spoke to Capital Honda, was advised not to reveal to anyone that the facelift was on the way.
1.) Jazz will get a Honda Civic like facelieft
2.) Chrome on the front and rear

I don't know if the dealer was hiding few information.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:03   #242
Senior - BHPian

I guess avoid waiting for facelift. The current Jazz is a very good deal at this price. Facelift or no facelift.
If there are people who are planning to go for this car I will say they should go for it. This is the right time.

OT: No harm calling a spade a spade Cyrus.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:16   #243
Senior - BHPian

If the face-lifted Jazz sports a 1.5L engine as rumoured, then Jazz will lose the excise duty benefits. So there's no way the face-lifted Jazz will be offered at the same discounted price as the current Jazz. But the current Jazz is a very good buy at the moment due to the price-cut.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:21   #244
BHPian

As a Jazz owner, I have nothing but praise for the car, even though I paid a premium. I dont think I would have been happy with any of the alternatives. Sure am unhappy with the price cuts, but it was something I did expect & I took the call to go with it anyways. It is the size of the price cut that I was initially surprised by, but as it seems to be in the context of a clearance sale it is not so bad. I still hope Honda offers some freebies / discounted accessories etc. to keep the existing Jazz owners ... else Honda will lose goodwill.
crisscross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:22   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Same here also yaar.. Can't sleep.. any way i am visiting the showroom today. I am in a confusion whether to go for Honda Jazz(Select Edition) or New Swift(ZDI) as this is also expected by next month. Petrol or Diesel...? My avg drive per month will be around 1500 Kms. Any one please suggest as we are yet to know the future to Diesel/Petrol prices in India and Govt Policies towards them.
Note one thing, Olymipa is saying that only Jazz select is available with them.

New swift should be an amazing car. But there is some emotional attachment between jazz and me that I am not able to think of any other petrol car. if its going to be diesel, Its going to be Punto diesel or the new swift diesel.
For me punto holds a better hand (even with lower milage) because of the following factors.
1. Feel (purely its a feeling) safer inside. Though in mechanical terms, lighter need not be less safe.
2. Carries huge discounts
3. The service interval is 15000 kms (which is more than twice that of the swift) results in lower frequency to visit serice centers and consequently lower cost. forget the resonse u receive during service.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:44   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
As a Jazz owner, I have nothing but praise for the car, even though I paid a premium. I dont think I would have been happy with any of the alternatives. Sure am unhappy with the price cuts, but it was something I did expect & I took the call to go with it anyways. It is the size of the price cut that I was initially surprised by, but as it seems to be in the context of a clearance sale it is not so bad. I still hope Honda offers some freebies / discounted accessories etc. to keep the existing Jazz owners ... else Honda will lose goodwill.
Very well said..discounts on Jazz is a not a new thing and was always expected. All of us bought on discounts. It is just that the quantum of the discount which surprised us. Hence, there is some frustration.

And just to clarify - none of us are taking a hit of 1.75L, as we also bought at discounted prices. It is more in the range of 75-90K.
Also, in a clearance sale, there is lot of risks on which car, how old is it, availability of colors etc etc. So, it is not that bad.

The more important thing is the speculated (confirmed?) facelift and how it will be priced/positioned. So, let us wait and see.

But the car is very good and I am happy with it. So, let us enjoy our cars and move on.

I don't think Honda will do anything for gaining the goodwill of existing customers.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:54   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Note one thing, Olymipa is saying that only Jazz select is available with them.

New swift should be an amazing car. But there is some emotional attachment between jazz and me that I am not able to think of any other petrol car. if its going to be diesel, Its going to be Punto diesel or the new swift diesel.
For me punto holds a better hand (even with lower milage) because of the following factors.
1. Feel (purely its a feeling) safer inside. Though in mechanical terms, lighter need not be less safe.
2. Carries huge discounts
3. The service interval is 15000 kms (which is more than twice that of the swift) results in lower frequency to visit serice centers and consequently lower cost. forget the resonse u receive during service.
Its a bit off-topic i own Punto 1.4. I have driven Punto 90HP and existing Swift Diesel. Somehow i feel that new Swift will be better than Punto. As a Fiat owner i have taken a oath that i am not going to land up in FIAT showroom again.

As far as Jazz is concerned i am always a fan of Jazz and like the car very much. I was looking for Jazz even before the price reduction until the petrol prices are hiked. I am not sure about the future of the fuel prices and so i am not able to judge anything over the petrol or diesel. My heart says Jazz and head says Diesel. Now the same thing happened before 2 years my heart said Punto 1.4 and head said Swift 1.3 D that time i have taken a decision to go ahead with what heart says.. and end up in tragedy(because of bad ownership experience and Petrol price hike). So now its becoming a very hard to choose between Jazz and any other Diesel car.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:55   #248

Booked Mine!

Hi All,

Just though I'd share with the group that I booked the Select Variant for my parents yesterday (after spending most of the morning on the forum ....lets just say that very little work got done). Left office yesterday at 1pm to visit Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon) and see the deal for myself.

Well the offer was for real....effective cash discount came to Rs. 1.6 Lakhs. so on road price in Gurgaon (with insurance, registration etc) comes to 6.3 Lakhs which i think is a steal.

I have to mention that while i am not too excited about the HP rating and the torque is not mind blowing either (at 110 NM) but the sheer build quality and the ease of driving in the city more than make up for those shortfalls. The car comes with a 80k/ 4year warranty which sweetens the deal even more. Besides, i love the space age dashboard.

Oh for all the enthusiasts, I drive a Fiesta 1.6 S ...the happiest revving car there is (this side of the 10 Lakhs segment of course)

Cheers!
Anuj.
Anuj_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:04   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Cheap shot? Really? Im just stating the facts man! My post wasnt targeted to any one person in particular but to everyone who has bought the Jazz.
This was your quote:

"I really pity the people who bought the JAzz at all those insane prices when everyone who knew anything about cars told them not to! "

Smiley included- that you pity all of them? For exactly what? These are people who could afford to buy a hatch at 7-9 lacs - what exactly are you pitying them for?

Ok, so you clearly have a "problem" with all the 13052 current owners of jazz not minding your advice and buying a Jazz. I get that. So lets look beyond that - after that what? Don't you "understand" why current owners are raising their voices? Don't they have the right to make their voice heard in India's most effective automotive-consumer forum so that the manufacturer will sit-up & take notice? Are you anti-consumer activism?

Frankly, I don't understand where you come from and whats your point. You say Jazz is the best petrol car now, but you would buy Punto diesel. But then Swift diesel will kill every hatchback. Whatever.

Quote:
I have never once said I dont like the car. I do and I am a Honda OHC VTEC fan too. But what honda did with the pricing was completely ridiculous and everyone knows it.
Its besides the point whether you like or dont like the car. We all agree that what Honda is doing with pricing is disconcerting and current owners like me feel that this is an on-going chapter and Honda is gauging the market reaction on their unofficial pricing policy, with a chance still to influence their policy. As a self-aware, premium customer who has paid premium price, I want Honda to understand my expectations- through Team BHP. Anything wrong with that attitude so that it needs to be mocked?

Quote:
If you bought the car at the price then, and now that the price has dropped this low, I wonder what it will do to your resale values. Is that why all the current Jazz owners are raising a big hue and cry about it.
Isn't that understandable? No rocket science there, right? Do you object to it somehow?

Having said that, I dont care about resale. I sell cars once in 10 years. This attitude that if it doesn't affect me, I wont protest is not for me. I protest, because I can.

Quote:
I didnt say you were begging for pity. But somehow, the frustration of current Jazz owners in very apparent in this thread.
You did not have to be a detective to figure that out. This whole thread has been about influencing an on-going policy review through vociferous consumer activism. My question is - do you have a problem with that?

Last edited by biyer : 13th July 2011 at 12:05.
biyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:08   #250
BHPian

With the price cuts, Jazz may have good nos. in this month's sales chart. However it may end up as just a blip. I don't think Honda is still ready for a comprehensive price correction across the board. Still civic, accord and cr-v are priced much more than they should be.

And my theory is that with the impending launch of city and jazz facelifts, the price may well be jacked up again without any additions to the respective cars in terms of mechanicals. i.e. especially no diesel engine. With the current diesel prices, a good petrol engine is not a bad idea either. As always the indian market rightfully decides on the valuation of Honda cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyer View Post
As a self-aware, premium customer who has paid premium price, I want Honda to understand my expectations- through Team BHP.
I hope in the future you may want to think before posting gems like this

Quote:
Having said that, I dont care about resale. I sell cars once in 10 years. This attitude that if it doesn't affect me, I wont protest is not for me. I protest, because I can.
So, I would like to understand what you protesting against? The price drop? I for one am happy for the future customers for Jazz that they are buying a sensible car and think that if lesser no. of folks bought this car then probably the price drop may have happened sooner..

Quote:
You did not have to be a detective to figure that out. This whole thread has been about influencing an on-going policy review through vociferous consumer activism. My question is - do you have a problem with that?
I think I am going to trouble you again to explain me what this activism is about?

Last edited by gshanky : 13th July 2011 at 12:20.
gshanky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:12   #251
BANNED

With the face-lifted Jazz, Honda is going to again increase the price? Not by 1.75 lakhs but whatever amount.

This is so screwed up if it happens.

And owners who are feeling comfortable that this is a clearance sale, please think guys. This is your money Honda has played with. Do you guys realize you people have been taken along for an expensive ride by this company. I seriously now doubt the ethics of such a firm.

A clearance sale of old stock is a common phenomenon. It happens on and off with all firms. But tagging this as a clearance sale for a facelift is taking it too far.

I am sure with the mature inventory control in place with big firms, a stock of more then a couple of thousands for a poor selling product would be just right.

This is a knee jerk reaction by Honda when faced with "REAL" competition. Talks poorly about the companies preparedness.

Whatever Honda does from now, it will now be looked at as an miscalculated, uninformed and totally immature roadmap.

If not the customers, I really pity the guy handling this. For sure he does not understand business and is not fit for the job.

I had this management class a long while back. The professor had about 25 years of experience. I am sure this lesson is taught in schools now. Forget management.

He told us about the "Dodo" and how it never had any natural enemies. It was quite happy that it was safe in its world and no one could harm it. What happened then we all know.

Honda India with their products always acted like the "DODO". And they now are feeling the heat because they never thought they could be challenged. A huge huge mistake.

Last edited by Spitfire : 13th July 2011 at 12:14.
Spitfire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:17   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Hyundai will sure cut the prices but then it wouldn't be in lacs for sure.Every manufacturer will suffer from the cut prices of the Jazz.Now,what Hyundai can do is offer diesel at lower prices.That would certainly heat up the hatch-segment.Now we are really spoilt for choices.

Anyone could confirm if these slash in prices are permanent or for a limited period of time.I still can't believe Honda has done that.1.75 lacs is a CBR250R ABS money.
I contacted Whitefield Honday today and was told that bookings for current model of Jazz has been stopped and higher discounts were offered on some pieces left. It was mentioned that new version of Jazz is expected to be launched by month end but nothing mentioned about its pricing except the fact that it would be cheaper than current prices
Old 13th July 2011, 12:20   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An update - The Rs.1/- insurance is no longer available for the Jazz after this price-cut. Honda Insurance should come to around 17-18K.

Warranty of 2 years stands. Roadside Assistance is a paid affair from now on, so is Extended Warranty.

Please check with your local dealerships.
Exactly.I checked with the Kolkata dealers here.The Re 1 insurance isn't being clubbed with the offer.So effectively the Jazz Select has a net discount of around 1.4-1.5(additional 60-70k over the 55k cash + free insurance) lakhs on currently available stocks.This is Stock clearance effectively as confirmed to me by the Sales Manager at one of the outlets.On asking whether the New Jazz expected next month is going to be kitted with the 1.5L i-Vtec, he was non-committal.This reminds me of the 4.99 ex-showroom price on Getz CRDis(additional 50k discount) during the last couple of months before phasing the model out.
For anyone interested in a petrol hatchback now, the Jazzed up Honda at 6.55 OTR makes great sense.Id rather plonk for a loaded Jazz than an I20 Asta at this price point.

Last edited by octane1002 : 13th July 2011 at 12:33.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:31   #254

Quote:
This was your quote:

"I really pity the people who bought the JAzz at all those insane prices when everyone who knew anything about cars told them not to! "

Smiley included- that you pity all of them? For exactly what? These are people who could afford to buy a hatch at 7-9 lacs - what exactly are you pitying them for?
I pity them for having to buy a car at a premium and then see the same car being sold at a much cheaper rate.

Quote:
Ok, so you clearly have a "problem" with all the 13052 current owners of jazz not minding your advice and buying a Jazz. I get that. So lets look beyond that - after that what? Don't you "understand" why current owners are raising their voices? Don't they have the right to make their voice heard in India's most effective automotive-consumer forum so that the manufacturer will sit-up & take notice? Are you anti-consumer activism?
There you go twisting statements again. HAve I ever said anything about me giving any advice? No. Have I ever objected about anyone raising any concerns? No.

What you are doing here, is simply and quite unnecessarily justifying the fact that you bought an overpriced car. What you dont understand, sadly, is that you DONT HAVE TO!

Quote:

Frankly, I don't understand where you come from and whats your point. You say Jazz is the best petrol car now, but you would buy Punto diesel. But then Swift diesel will kill every hatchback. Whatever.

Yes. And I am correct. Please READ. the Jazz IS the best petrol car because of its quality and NOW because of its price range. The PUNTO is MOST CERTAINLY without a doubt the best HATCHBACK in the market "FOR ME" as I love the way it looks, I LOVE its handling and I love the level of build and gadgetry you get with it. And the New Swift WILL kill everything as it will be competitive in terms of pricing, options and finally it is a Maruti and it will sell. So in terms of Sales, it will still rule the charts in its sector. Have I said anything wrong here?? NO. You are again trying to find fault and justify something that doesnt need to be justified. I dont see why.

Quote:

Its besides the point whether you like or dont like the car. We all agree that what Honda is doing with pricing is disconcerting and current owners like me feel that this is an on-going chapter and Honda is gauging the market reaction on their unofficial pricing policy, with a chance still to influence their policy. As a self-aware, premium customer who has paid premium price, I want Honda to understand my expectations- through Team BHP. Anything wrong with that attitude so that it needs to be mocked?
Where has this been mocked? And the Honda Policy statement is again quite a funny way of you trying to justify something. Why? You want Honda to understand your expectations? OK. Fine. But you have already bought the car. What expectations?? That you are annoyed at them for cutting prices? OR that you are happy you bought a 9 lakh hatch? OK. Does it really make a difference? No.

Quote:
I have no problem with any sort of Consumer Activism. I do however have a problem with individuals on and off the forum who will go out of their way in trying to prove that they bought the JAzz at a premium and it deserved it.

Did the Jazz deserve its old Price? NO
Does the JAzz prefer its new Price? YES
If I was in the market for a PAtrol Hatchback would I buy one? YES. Certainly at this price range.
If I was in the Market for a Hatchback irrespective of PEtrol or Diesel would I buy it. Most Certainly NO.

I dont need to explain any further to you or to anyone, but the enthusiasm in which you are trying to defend something that doesnt need defending is a complete waste of energy. You bought the car from your hard earned money, Good for you and hope you enjoy it for the 10 years you plan to use it, however it is MY View that every single Jazz buyer till now who paid the higher price has overpaid and THUS I pity them.
Cyrus43 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 12:41   #255
BHPian

Quote:

MY View
that every single Jazz buyer till now who paid the higher price has overpaid and THUS I pity them.
Assumptions are ok, but assuming your assumptions to be true enough to become convictions are for frivolous fools!

You might want to read your signature once in a while.
biyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks