Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 14:21   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Could you please check if Honda will be offering automatic transmission on the Jazz? I dont think the chances are high, but still would like to know if it will be offered.
There is a good chance, and Honda has explored that option pretty seriously for their urban customers when they were working on the Jazz facelift since January this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This means, new Jazz will be in the same range of current discounted price
Definitely.

Take a look at this thread I posted earlier today -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...al-speaks.html

The current localisation levels were 76% and 78% for the Jazz and the City. It is expected to increase to 85% for the Jazz, and maybe even 90% for the City. Hence the price drop.

Assumptions for the revised prices of the facelifted Jazz (based on the talk I had with a Honda ASM earlier) -

Base - 5.99L (maximum 6.15L)

Select - 6.1L (maximum 6.3L)

X (if launched) - 6.4L (maximum 6.6L)

AT version (if launched) - 7.0L (maximum 7.5L)

All assumed prices are ex-showroom, C.G. Kindly note that price adjustments might be as per the state one lives in.

I say "if launched" for the X variant because the Honda ASMs are not sure X will be relaunched. The additional features offered in the X variant will be bundled in an official Honda Kit, and sold as a separate optional set for the Select for prospective future buyers, which might be the top variant for the facelifted Jazz. I am afraid the Jazz X has seen the end of the road.

No news for the 1.5 iVTEC though. The chances are very slim. The facelift is supposedly retaining the 1.2 iVTEC with 89 HP which powers the current Jazz.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th July 2011 at 14:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 14:31   #362
BHPian

Thats a real great news. Awaiting for the official launch. Getting prepared too.
Old 16th July 2011, 19:09   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
There is a good chance, and Honda has explored that option pretty seriously for their urban customers when they were working on the Jazz facelift since January this year.

Definitely.

Take a look at this thread I posted earlier today -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...al-speaks.html

The current localisation levels were 76% and 78% for the Jazz and the City. It is expected to increase to 85% for the Jazz, and maybe even 90% for the City. Hence the price drop.

Assumptions for the revised prices of the facelifted Jazz (based on the talk I had with a Honda ASM earlier) -

Base - 5.99L (maximum 6.15L)

Select - 6.1L (maximum 6.3L)

X (if launched) - 6.4L (maximum 6.6L)

AT version (if launched) - 7.0L (maximum 7.5L)

No news for the 1.5 iVTEC though. The chances are very slim. The facelift is supposedly retaining the 1.2 iVTEC with 89 HP which powers the current Jazz.
At the above price band, Jazz should sell well. What Honda should do is pretty much what you stated in your post i.e. giving a extra kit or make changes prior to delivery by providing options to the buyer. It could be for instance,wanting Height Adjustment for Driver or ACC for that matter. Am keeping my fingers crossed. If Jazz indeed is relaunched in this band, am a certain buyer.

Many thanks for the updates.
Old 16th July 2011, 21:25   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I say "if launched" for the X variant because the Honda ASMs are not sure X will be relaunched.
The mentioned prices look quite realistic ! And should help in sales. I guess Honda launched "X" variant because they were trying to aid the sales. And if the face-lift sells well, I don't see much chances of an X variant unless they want to boost sales by showing us a better kitted car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
It could be for instance,wanting Height Adjustment for Driver or ACC for that matter.
I guess the "kit" will have some add on's like alloy wheels, spoilers, skirts etc which can be done at the dealer end and may not be "features" like ACC or height adjustment which needs to be done at factory level. I seriously hope they shod the base versions with all safety kit as of now! That needs to be applauded!
Old 16th July 2011, 21:51   #365
BANNED

went to whitefield honda today and asked abt Jazz
1. it was a 1 lacs discount only and not 1.7 lacs , atleast in bangalore
2. it was a stock clearance program as a facelift is expect with 30-45 days
3. discounted Jazz stock is not available anyone . all were sold off.
Old 16th July 2011, 22:52   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The mentioned prices look quite realistic ! And should help in sales. I guess Honda launched "X" variant because they were trying to aid the sales. And if the face-lift sells well, I don't see much chances of an X variant unless they want to boost sales by showing us a better kitted car.

I guess the "kit" will have some add on's like alloy wheels, spoilers, skirts etc which can be done at the dealer end and may not be "features" like ACC or height adjustment which needs to be done at factory level. I seriously hope they shod the base versions with all safety kit as of now! That needs to be applauded!
You are right. These two - kit and factory fitted extra trims - are different. And I also like Honda providing safety trims across all variants. Hope they continue to do it.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:13   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In my opinion a test drive car which has done 28K is equivalent to a normal car with 60K on the odo. Or even worse.
I think 'skyline_r34' has written that the TD car has done 2,800 km and not 28k (28,000) km, but anyway, a TD car at that much discount is not worth it when there is a face-lifted car on the way in a month's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Called every dealer in Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai. All have sold out. Visited Arya in mumbai. They have a test drive vehicle in the select trim. The car has clocked about 2800kms. Drove the car. Pretty clean. Offering it at a discount of 2L. I think an additional discount of 25k for a car thats run 2800kms is not sufficient.

But have been told by pretty much every dealer I called that the new Jazz out in a month or so will definitely cut some features like ABS and other niceties from the base variant. The face lifted car, out in a months time will cost about 15-25k more for less features.

Any opinions on whether I should be picking up the TD car for 6.4L OTR?

I think you should wait for the face-lifted Jazz which should be available in a month's time, a TD car is not worth an extra discount of 25k over what is already available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Call up Magnum once again and check for the prices / discounts. If they still say there are no offers, call up the rest two and ask them to check with other dealers whether they have stock or not. Probably these dealers can work within themselves and get you the car with discounts. I am not sure whether this will work, but you can always give a try. Looks like Magnum has one car based on the post below.

thanks for the reply buddy, I tried calling all the dealers again but no luck and I feel as there will be a face-lifted Jazz available in a month's time, I would consider that with a Auto transmission or even a automatic Brio if its available in a time frame of 2-3 months.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th July 2011 at 01:13. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 09:46   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are interested in how the "cash discount" Jazz stacks up with the Polo and the i20 in comparison, here is an useful link -

Honda jazz vs Hyundai i20 and Volkswagen Polo | DWS Auto India

It compares the "cash discount" Jazz with the Polo 1.6 Highline and the i20 Asta 1.4, pretty much feature to feature. The Jazz stands up nicely to the competition now, and is very much a VFM proposition.

So, if there are still any Jazzes left with your dealers (especially 2011 models), now is the time to buy one.
Old 17th July 2011, 09:58   #369

Hi Folks, So my Honda Jazz saga has come to a sad end. First up, all the cars at the Sundaram Honda showroom in Secunderabad were booked but those guys were still taking further bookings as they were sure that some of the bookings would get canceled and that I would then get a chance. Secondly, my folks did not like the Jazz and it is a waste of time explaining to them that at this price the Jazz is one of the most VFM vehicles. I had a test drive at Sundaram and even my dad drove it (he seemed to like it, he was going fast and seemed to test the brakes at regular intervals ). The test vehicle had already done around 28K Kms and the ride quality was a bit stiff. I could feel the road bumps when I was sitting in the rear seat. I did not check if the car had Michelin XM/Energy tyres or not, but maybe the ride quality was bad because the car had already done 28K Kms (not sure of the exact reason).

So all in all, I do not think I will be able to fulfill my dream of buying this beauty. My dad instead wants to wait for the new Swift and then decide (although I have told him that he would not find any Jazz car at these prices then as all the cars are already sold out but he will not listen to me :@).

Anyhow, the prices I was quoted were as follows:

Jazz : 6.36L OTR
Jazz Select: 6.47L OTR
Jazz X: 6.75L OTR

Hell, I wanted to go for the Jazz X looking at those prices but sigh.

Guys, any speculation about what the prices of the new Jazz will be? The current Jazz Select is around 6.5L OTR, the new one will be around 6.8-6.9? (Am I right?).

All the best for the new prospective Jazz owners .
Old 17th July 2011, 10:28   #370
BHPian

My brother have booked for Jazz select 6.36 Lakhs oof Road price at Cosmic Honda, Cochin. We saw that the model is of the production line January 2011. Only two numbers were left, both Select Edition(Color : Rally Red). I questioned the dealer and they told me a MMC is coming up in JAZZ and they are clearing the inventory. I had some doubts about the car which has been manufactured 6 months ago and thus the tyre would be further down the line. I also saw that most of the Honda City cars were of the March 2011 production. Anyway we are going ahead with the delivery on coming Monday. I inspected the Jazz and took full PDI. Much thanks and appreciations for the PDI & VIN posts in the team bhp forum. I have some queries regarding some additional fitments to the car. Please tell me where to post such queries?
Old 17th July 2011, 11:17   #371
Senior - BHPian

This is more or less a Jazz thread now and we've got quite a few experineced n' helpful Jazz owners here.

Post your questions right here. Will be helpful for other prospective Jazz buyers too.
Old 17th July 2011, 11:21   #372
Senior - BHPian

Dear Members, I wish to caution you that due to the delicious prices being dished out many are booking the car without even TD it. One of my friends bought the car at down payment without the TD and now he is not happy with it's power. Reason: he bought a city rather say bumper2bumper driving car and now he doesn't like the initial pickup etc. I calmed him down a bit but this made me rush to the forum and wanted to caution everyone. Due to price the car doesn't become 100% to your taste thus please TD before you buy. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 11:52   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
This is more or less a Jazz thread now and we've got quite a few experineced n' helpful Jazz owners here.

Post your questions right here. Will be helpful for other prospective Jazz buyers too.
The guy(Sales Team Leader) at Honda told me there is no need to go for under body coating has honda already provides one. Do we need to do under body coating? If so which one is preferable?When I took it up on the ramp I noticed few rust areas.
1. Connection from Engine to silencer.
2. Some srews under the the suspension.
When I breifed this to honda service technician he told me it is okay and has been due to car being in the showroom for quite some time. He also told me there is no need to do Under body coating.

Is there any kit to use USB, as select edition comes with only AUX port? Which is the best fitment for a Reverse camera that includes LCD screen which can be used for DVD viewing too? Honday sales and accessory guy quoted a piece which costs Rs.18000\- and he told me it is compatible with the built in ICE. Which body coat should I go for? GTO recently quoted in a post, that there is, no need to do teflon coating, but can we do the same ourself?
Old 17th July 2011, 12:20   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Dear Members, I wish to caution you that due to the delicious prices being dished out many are booking the car without even TD it. One of my friends bought the car at down payment without the TD and now he is not happy with it's power. Reason: he bought a city rather say bumper2bumper driving car and now he doesn't like the initial pickup etc. I calmed him down a bit but this made me rush to the forum and wanted to caution everyone. Due to price the car doesn't become 100% to your taste thus please TD before you buy. Cheers!
+1.

Just because of the Cash Discount offer and the Jazz happens to be a 2011 model, please just don't blind buy the car.

It is imperative that you give it a thorough inspection first (the Team-BHP PDI list comes in handy here), checking for wear & tear under the hood, scratch marks below the waistline, tyre treads, etc. Also check the odometer reading and the interiors, specially door gaps, panels, rubber fitments, etc.

Then do a comprehensive TD for at least 15-20 kms to check for suspension stiffness, road handling, braking, etc.

Once you feel satisfied, go ahead with your deal. Remember, once you close a deal you cannot go back. Better be safe than sorry.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 14:06   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
The guy(Sales Team Leader) at Honda told me there is no need to go for under body coating has honda already provides one. Do we need to do under body coating? If so which one is preferable?
3M is one of the BEST in under-body coating. Try to get that done from 3M outlets itself. Should be around 4K I guess.

Also I read that couple of owners bargained successfully for an under-body coating from the dealer itself for free. Please try haggling hard. I guess those guys dont want to agree for it, so they are discouraging you from going for it. If Honda already has done it, how come there is rust now? That too for a car which has been in the showroom away from rust? Under-body coating is supposed to prevent the car even after driven thru mud & water.

On the reverse sensor part, I guess some 2 DIN systems are compatible. But not sure which is compatible with OEM ICE. Generally Honda accessories are way too expensive, so please try and get it done outside.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th July 2011 at 14:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks