Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 17:43   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Honda will launch the facelifted Jazz in August, 2011.

The Japanese automaker recently offered massive discounts on the Jazz, which was to clear inventory and to make way for the new version. The new Jazz will feature changes to both the interiors and exteriors but very subtle ones.

The exterior of the 2012 Honda Jazz now features revised bumpers, headlights, grille and tail lights. The interiors see a change of dashboard colours along with the addition of chrome rings on AC vents. The suspension has been tweaked for better ride and handling, while the 1.2-liter i-VTEC motor is now revised to offer better fuel economy.

The new Honda Jazz will also get a CVT gearbox in the top variant. The AT unit will help Honda lure buyers who are looking at an easy to drive urban runabout.

The Japanese automaker will most likely hike the prices of the new Jazz but will still keep them in-line with the price cut they made recently. So with the new Jazz, we can expect a new pricing for the premium hatchback as well.

This new pricing should start at Rs. 5.99 lakhs for the base Jazz variant.

SOURCE - Motorbeam (http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...launch-august/)

My advice - Don't rush for the bookings just yet, unless and until you need a car really, really bad. Wait a little longer. The August launch is imminent. As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 18:27   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda will launch the facelifted Jazz in August, 2011.

The Japanese automaker recently offered massive discounts on the Jazz, which was to clear inventory and to make way for the new version. The new Jazz will feature changes to both the interiors and exteriors but very subtle ones.

The exterior of the 2012 Honda Jazz now features revised bumpers, headlights, grille and tail lights. The interiors see a change of dashboard colours along with the addition of chrome rings on AC vents. The suspension has been tweaked for better ride and handling, while the 1.2-liter i-VTEC motor is now revised to offer better fuel economy.

The new Honda Jazz will also get a CVT gearbox in the top variant. The AT unit will help Honda lure buyers who are looking at an easy to drive urban runabout.

The Japanese automaker will most likely hike the prices of the new Jazz but will still keep them in-line with the price cut they made recently. So with the new Jazz, we can expect a new pricing for the premium hatchback as well.

This new pricing should start at Rs. 5.99 lakhs for the base Jazz variant.

SOURCE - Motorbeam (http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...launch-august/)

My advice - Don't rush for the bookings just yet, unless and until you need a car really, really bad. Wait a little longer. The August launch is imminent. As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."

@RavenAvi - That link you posted does not open.
The news about the CVT version makes my mouth water in anticipation. Let's hope it turns out true.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:53   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Thats interesting Raven - the CVT is sure to generate a lot of interest and if offered at a reasonable price (which hopefully Honda has learnt with the earlier pricing fiasco) will have quite a few takers.

Cheers
Uday
Old 26th July 2011, 19:17   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
@RavenAvi - That link you posted does not open.
The news about the CVT version makes my mouth water in anticipation. Let's hope it turns out true.
Motorbeam site is down, wilful (updating probably). Try again after some time.

If Honda is bringing in the CVT, rest assured that we will have 3 variants of the Jazz facelift - Base, Select and AT (which will take over from the Jazz X).

Pricing should be as per my predictions earlier in this thread - 5.99L, 6.59L and 6.99L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thats interesting Raven - the CVT is sure to generate a lot of interest and if offered at a reasonable price (which hopefully Honda has learnt with the earlier pricing fiasco) will have quite a few takers.

Cheers
Uday
Indeed, Uday. Anything more than 7L should be criminal by Honda, now that they have wetted the appetite of potential Jazz lovers with the "Cash Discount" revisions.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2011 at 19:20.
Old 26th July 2011, 19:44   #470
BHPian

Quote:

Pricing should be as per my predictions earlier in this thread - 5.99L, 6.59L and 6.99L.
i doubt they will offer the AT version at only a 40k premium over the mid variant. Since customer for the AT version will be few, i am guessing honda will milk them for the maximum and not care for volumes there.

if it is indeed launched at 6.99 ~ 7.8 OTR mumbai, i will seriously consider it over the manual.
Old 26th July 2011, 19:54   #471
BHPian

When RavenAvi mentioned about CVT, I googled and found some interesting links about Honda and iVtec. The site from Honda gives a fundoo view of what is CVT. Not sure whether this is right place to post this.

@ Mods: If this is not the right place, could you please post it to the right thread?

Honda Worldwide | Technology Picture Book | CVT and The Temple of VTEC Asia : Online Reference for the Honda Enthusiasts
Old 26th July 2011, 20:26   #472
BHPian

Any word on facelifted City as well?
Old 26th July 2011, 22:06   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Any word on facelifted City as well?
Slightly OT: As per reports, early 2012. Most probably it will be unveiled at the 2012 Auto Expo at New Delhi in January.
Old 26th July 2011, 23:02   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Bookings have already started?? Since i have already paid the booking amount (for the stock clearance Jazz which could not be delivered) i was told by the dealer that they will keep me updated on any development regarding the new jazz. called them after reading your post and they say nothing has been heard from honda, no bookings being taken!

this one month wait is proving to be too hard coupled with the anxiety over the price. Every time a see a Jazz on road i sigh..
Chennai has 3 dealers and all 3 have started the bookings for the new face lifted Jazz. Booking amount is 25K.

@RavenAvi
Seems the new Jazz would be mouthwatering and if the price are going to be according to your predictions, I am sure, new Swift launch would be a dampener. No offense meant people.

Waiting for tomorrow, to book my Jazz.

Seriously, if the pricing is going to be beyond 7L, I am sure, I am gonna get my 25K back.
Old 26th July 2011, 23:52   #475
BHPian

I think some dealers are trying to cash in on the current scenario and they don't want to let the interest on jazz die down.

In addition i think they don't really mind if some one cancels the order after new price structure is revealed,Because by the time you cancel,they might be already sitting on top of the interest earned by the 25k paid by you.
Old 27th July 2011, 10:36   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly OT: As per reports, early 2012. Most probably it will be unveiled at the 2012 Auto Expo at New Delhi in January.
Thanks Raven for the information. If you don't mind can you please share the source from where you read it. Been eagerly awaiting some authenticate news on this amidst the rumors going around.
Old 27th July 2011, 10:49   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Thanks Raven for the information. If you don't mind can you please share the source from where you read it. Been eagerly awaiting some authenticate news on this amidst the rumors going around.
2012 Honda City facelift coming soon | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in
Old 27th July 2011, 11:42   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys an update. Got a call from Sundaram and they have confirmed that the new Jazz is getting launched on August 15th. Price would be 25-50k increase from the current discounted price.

Features and look will be same as the new Jazz launched in Malaysia.

Quite contrary, honda had asked ASM to contact customers who had enquired about Jazz and ask them to wait for a bit and enroll them in the same discounted price tag for the face-lifted Jazz.

Palms itching!!!

If it just going to be a 25K-50K increase on the discounted price for the new
Jazz , this surely sucks even more for those who have bought the car before the discounted price, not only does the resale value goes down but they'd also feel cursing their luck.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:17   #479
BHPian

Guys! The cars out of stock here in pune!
And they claim a new models due in August!
Know what, it'll be priced at 7.5lac!
Old 27th July 2011, 12:38   #480
xPK
BHPian

Just bumped into this
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56-hondacitynew.jpg

Though it has been tagged as concept, but LED taillights seem to be the same what mentioned in the article.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks