Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:17   #526
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Why is Honda waiting for Swift to be launched & decide on the pricing?
Honda was never known to be price conscious when competing against MSIL or Hyundai.
Honda was always in the Premium Hatch category & secondly MSIL will continue to use Swift to gain numbers in the Hatch segment, which is not the mantra of Honda Jazz.
It could be possible that Swift would be competent with Brio & Honda wants to position the pricing without overlapping the Jazz pricing.
When i say honda is waiting for swift to be launched, its just my view point. People have also hinted at a aug 15th launch. Its all speculation at this point.

Honda has never been known to be price conscious, but that was a thing of the past. Jazz for example, being a superb product that it is, was not selling because of the price. They have seen what a price cut (jazz discounts) and city (official price cut) can do to sales. They have learnt (hopefully) it the hard way.

Swift is a benchmark for the hatch segment. Honda will try to price the jazz as close as possible to attract as many of the swift (petrol; dont think diesel guys will shift) buyer as possible.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:49   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

All of this is still conjecture.

Whatever you read or hear, please take it with a pinch of salt and wait for the official launch or an official announcement by Honda. I am sure they will not revert back to the original price band for the Jazz, because that will be like shooting themselves in the foot.

The Honda CEO had already announced (as posted earlier in this thread) that they have increased localisation levels in the City & Jazz models through 2 years of continuous research by their R&D teams. That itself is an indication of reduced prices.

Nobody will buy a 90% localised Jazz facelift at the same price of a 76% localised (current) Jazz.

The Jazz facelift will definitely come with reduced prices - I am guessing much reduced (by at least a lakh from the current prices) and it's just a matter of two weeks till the official launch.

Be patient. All will be announced soon.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:25   #528
BHPian

Last week went to the local Honda dealer along with my car-hunting friend. Specifically asked the sales rep whether AT/CVT version of Jazz is coming in the facelift. Told him of all the rumors & articles.

He very clearly said that no AT box is planned. His mechanics have not been called for any training, for the face lift and as per his logic there will not be any change in the car except for some interior changes in seats etc.

So no 1.5 & no AT i am afraid.

Honda -wake up & see how Hyundai is making 40,000 extra on each I10 At. (55000 less addnl cost of box@15000)
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:47   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Last week went to the local Honda dealer along with my car-hunting friend. Specifically asked the sales rep whether AT/CVT version of Jazz is coming in the facelift. Told him of all the rumors & articles.

He very clearly said that no AT box is planned. His mechanics have not been called for any training, for the face lift and as per his logic there will not be any change in the car except for some interior changes in seats etc.

So no 1.5 & no AT i am afraid.

Honda -wake up & see how Hyundai is making 40,000 extra on each I10 At. (55000 less addnl cost of box@15000)
It would be unlikely for Honda to go for a new AT box than the CVT currently used in City A/T, so maybe the reason no training for mechanics.

In my guess Honda will come with AT at a later date, cause all other competition is offering AT version for small hatches.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:51   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be unlikely for Honda to go for a new AT box than the CVT currently used in City A/T, so maybe the reason no training for mechanics.

In my guess Honda will come with AT at a later date, cause all other competition is offering AT version for small hatches.
Well actually only Hyundai & Maruthi Suzuki. No one else - Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Chevrolet, Skoda, VW - is offering AT in hatches. Sad atually - because I see quite a few i10 A/Ts in town, and some A-Stars as well. I'm sure there is a growing market.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:20   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Current City doesn't have CVT and it was the previous generation city which had CVT. But yes the face-lifted Jazz comes with CVT (in other markets) but likely to be new gen one rather then the one used in NHC.
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:26   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Current City doesn't have CVT and it was the previous generation city which had CVT. But yes the face-lifted Jazz comes with CVT (in other markets) but likely to be new gen one rather then the one used in NHC.
Thanks for correcting that the current City is just AT & not CVT.
Lets hope Jazz will gives us the CVT if they ever plan to launch it in India.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:07   #533
BHPian

Got a call from one of the dealers i had enquired about the new jazz. The following was told to me:

1. They are not accepting bookings as Honda has not given any confirmations/go ahead for the same.

2. they have been called for the product training on 19th August, and the changes and price would be known to them post that.

Now, the point is, will Honda call the sales people for training post the launch (speculated launch date 18th August) or will we see a launch post 19th August.

Atleast, this clears that we WILL have the new Jazz launch by the 20th August.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:08   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Got a call from one of the dealers i had enquired about the new jazz. The following was told to me:

1. They are not accepting bookings as Honda has not given any confirmations/go ahead for the same.

I think Dre@ms mentioned that he has paid a booking amount for the Jazz. Deccan Honda in Pune also asked me to put down 50K as booking amount ( no cancellation charges). However, Apex Honda/ Linkway Honda in Mumbai did not mention booking.

My point is , is this dealer specific? so far no news on the Honda Siel site.
Old 4th August 2011, 19:12   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
I think Dre@ms mentioned that he has paid a booking amount for the Jazz. Deccan Honda in Pune also asked me to put down 50K as booking amount ( no cancellation charges). However, Apex Honda/ Linkway Honda in Mumbai did not mention booking.

My point is , is this dealer specific? so far no news on the Honda Siel site.
I think it is dealer specific. I tried coaxing Arya (The dealer is got called by) into revealing more saying that other dealers have started accepting booking, however he told there is no official intimation from honda.

It must be the dealers trying to cash in the customers who got disappointed when they could not land their hands on the 1.75 disc.

All i will say is that there is no harm in booking if you want priority in delivery when it starts, but please take it in WRITING on their letter head that there are no cancellation charges. i have a feeling the dealers will make a killing in case the jazz is priced at earlier levels.
Old 4th August 2011, 19:58   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
2. they have been called for the product training on 19th August, and the changes and price would be known to them post that.

Expect a launch 2 weeks from training time [19th Aug] to launch date. So ideally I would look at a launch in the first week of September.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th August 2011 at 20:07.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:56   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Expect a launch 2 weeks from training time [19th Aug] to launch date. So ideally I would look at a launch in the first week of September.
i dont think this will take 2 weeks from the date of training. The reason:

1. its only a cosmetic change and the selling point of the car essentially remains the same. no mechanical changes. Hence the training is supposed to be only for a day.

2. I have been communicating with Hondaone2one since my booked Jazz got submerged. The have confirmed on mail that the Jazz will be launched in August.
Old 4th August 2011, 22:42   #538
BHPian

Yes guys, I have already made my booking with one of the trustiest dealers in Chennai, Sundaram Honda. I too believe the booking acceptance is dealer specific, mainly to retain customers and the name they have got.

Tomorrow will call my ASM and get an update. Hope the launch is not too far away and the prices are as per the current juices.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:34   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Yes guys, I have already made my booking with one of the trustiest dealers in Chennai, Sundaram Honda. I too believe the booking acceptance is dealer specific, mainly to retain customers and the name they have got.

Tomorrow will call my ASM and get an update. Hope the launch is not too far away and the prices are as per the current juices.
Hope you have confirmed the cancellation at zero charge. Though i hope u dont have to cancel

Eagerly wating for more news post your talk with the ASM. I am sure they have more concrete information now about the launch.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:42   #540
BHPian

Ok Guys..here is the much awaited update. Called up the ASM and he confirmed the launch is happening on August 18th. Price wise, there would be a 30K increase from the current discounted price. Only cosmetic changes.

Blue color is removed and a new Titanium color is added. Display vehicle would arrive by 15th August and billing is happening next week.
dre@ms is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks