Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 12:53   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
In fact, one insisted no one can provide this 'price protection', and even if they take the bookings, the buyer has to buy at the prevailing price. The launch dates vary from 25 days to 2 months. None had/gave any idea about the facelift as well as the price.
So prospective buyers, better to put the money in FD
I would not recommend paying any booking amount unless the said price protection comes with a full refund guarantee in writing.
IMHO, this is just speculation on part of the dealers and an attempt to generate some cash flow, even though it may be temporary.

In any case, like adimicra pointed out, the Jazz will is highly unlikely to have huge waiting periods like the Swift.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 12:57   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But then none of those cars were offered at a 1.5L discount as well. price protection is good if there is a guarantee that the face-lift will not cost drastically different than the outgoing model. Here we have a different scenario.

Dreams, usually these guys get to know about a launch confirmation when they are called in for a training which is almost 2-3 weeks before the launch. Rest is all BS what they give. Please check before you give them the booking amount !
+1
Infact, Sundaram Honda statement beats me. They dont want to give false promise to the customers and start the booking. The exact statement given by them.

I am in no hurry, gonna book only when Sundaram/Capital starts it. Not believing Olympia.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:39   #408
BHPian

So all-in-all, Honda did a Skoda Fabia. Selling their remaining inventory (but at an unbelievable discount!) and launching a face-lifted version at a much lower price. For those who are making bookings for the new Jazz, as suggested previously in the thread, it might worthwhile to wait until the new car is launched or an official announcement is made, so you have a better idea of what you are getting into. Now I don't feel too bad for missing out on this 'limited' offer, as it looks like the face-lifted version will only be marginally more expensive than the 'limited' offer prices

But the issue now is that my dad is getting a Civic within the next day or two (full payment already done) and he cannot delay the purchase any more. After this exercise by Honda, quite worried whether they will pull a similar stunt on the Civic! But, since the new Civic is only due next year, maybe not (fingers crossed).
Old 19th July 2011, 16:04   #409
BHPian

It was by Far the Most Rush thread on T-BHP. A new launched car Liva doesnt have as many pages as this Honda Jazz price-drop, Booking-rush, Out-of-stock-scenes thread has. .

Congratulations to all those who got hands on this absolutely fantastic deal
Old 19th July 2011, 16:14   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Honda seems to have liqidated the entire stock in 3 days flat due to the huge discounts offered. Swift petrol is going to have tough next 7 years of its existence considering the first 7 were a cake walk.
Any petrol car here on is going to have a hard time maintaining high sales volumes. Honda's main threat would be from the diesel Swift, now that the improved version is round the corner. If Honda reverts back to the old prices, I don't see how they can compete with the Swift unless they plonk a 1.5L engine in the Jazz and stay in the 6.5-8L price bracket. Lets hope the facelift is not restricted to the features and looks alone.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 19th July 2011 at 16:15.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:27   #411
Senior - BHPian

True the diesl will outsell the petrol jazz but it will be interesting to see if at this price the swift petrol will be a run away winner as it has been previously against the jazz and the liva.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:52   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I would not recommend paying any booking amount unless the said price protection comes with a full refund guarantee in writing.
IMHO, this is just speculation on part of the dealers and an attempt to generate some cash flow, even though it may be temporary.

In any case, like adimicra pointed out, the Jazz will is highly unlikely to have huge waiting periods like the Swift.
+1.

Unless and until the said dealer offers the booking under the "price guarantee" scheme and promises to refund the full amount back (as instructed by Honda, as per my info), don't go ahead with it.

My earlier advice was for those who are in real need of a car in a hurry, within the next month or so and cannot wait, and have finalised the Jazz facelift. Wanted to add it to that post, but the editing time of 30 minutes had passed by then and I couldn't edit and add this.

Others who can wait, should prefer to stay till the facelift is launched, like me, then take a decision. It's much safer that way.

Bookings are open, though. I called the ASM back and re-confirmed this. Deliveries will start from the end of next month. He also swears on the "price guarantee" part, but I will still wait for the outright launch.

I think Honda will wait to see how Maruti prices the new Swift, before launching the facelift.

If the rumor of selling off 700-odd cars in 4 days of the "cash discount" offer is true though, I think the facelift might see some demand, specially with the revised prices. We just have to see if that translates into a waiting period.

Honda is playing it smart, and keeping it's cards tightly close to it's chest.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2011 at 17:07.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:48   #413
BHPian

If the facelifted Jazz is launched at the speculated prices, it is bound to do very good numbers. The product was always unbeatable, the pricing was the only fly in the ointment. The Jazz might clock numbers it always deserved.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:06   #414
BHPian

Got a call from Capital Honda that one of the Red car already booked is getting cancelled and if I am willing to take it. When I asked about the new launch, he said it will take August end and definitely not the same as discounted price. Hmmm.

Any thoughts? Worth waiting or now or never?
Old 20th July 2011, 16:29   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Got a call from Capital Honda that one of the Red car already booked is getting cancelled and if I am willing to take it. When I asked about the new launch, he said it will take August end and definitely not the same as discounted price. Hmmm.

Hi,

As per Dakshin Honda SA in Bangalore, the details of new model should be available before this monthend and cost would be more than 30-50 k OTR than discounted prices. My advise is to wait. However, the deliveries would be only by August end.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:41   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

IMO,if you are getting it at the discoounted price, buy it. All indications are the New Jazz would have only 'cosmetic' changes as such and will come at a different price level.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2011, 16:45   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How much discount are you getting? What is the OTR price before and after discount? Is it the Select version with alloys?
What is the VIN number/manufacturing date?

If the car is just 3-4 months old and you are getting more than 1.5L discount, go for it.

The facelift will have a few cosmetic changes, nothing really substantial and it will be around 1-1.25L less than the earlier price.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:51   #418
BHPian

@adimicra
He wants to know whether I am interested to go for the booked vehicle if it gets cancelled. And I said an yes. Didnt discuss about the final price or freebies.

He will give me a call if it gets cancelled and I can book it by paying some amount and he will finish off the deal in 3-4 days. He also asked me if I am going for a ready cash or finance and I replied, finance.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:43   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
How much discount are you getting? What is the OTR price before and after discount? Is it the Select version with alloys?
What is the VIN number/manufacturing date?

If the car is just 3-4 months old and you are getting more than 1.5L discount, go for it.

The facelift will have a few cosmetic changes, nothing really substantial and it will be around 1-1.25L less than the earlier price.
+1.

Check with him, or better still, pay a visit to the dealer's and check up on the car.

If it's a 2011 make, check the tyres, under body, engine bay and interiors. See how much treads the tyres have in them, under body has any scratch marks, engine bay looks okay or seems tampered with, and door panel/window panel gaps are all okay and the rubber in them is tight. Interiors should exude a slightly fresh musky smell, and the seats and floor mats should look slightly fresh as well. Glance at the odo too while you are at it - while odos can be tampered with, the odo sometimes can give you some info as to what state the car has been in.

If all is okay, go ahead with the deal. You won't miss out on much in the facelift.

If it's a 2010 make, skip the deal and wait for the facelift, no matter how sweet they make the deal sound to you.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:36   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

+1.

Check with him, or better still, pay a visit to the dealer's and check up on the car.

If it's a 2011 make, check the tyres, under body, engine bay and interiors. See how much treads the tyres have in them, under body has any scratch marks, engine bay looks okay or seems tampered with, and door panel/window panel gaps are all okay and the rubber in them is tight. Interiors should exude a slightly fresh musky smell, and the seats and floor mats should look slightly fresh as well. Glance at the odo too while you are at it - while odos can be tampered with, the odo sometimes can give you some info as to what state the car has been in.

If all is okay, go ahead with the deal. You won't miss out on much in the facelift.

If it's a 2010 make, skip the deal and wait for the facelift, no matter how sweet they make the deal sound to you.
Whoa!!! Thats a whole lot of things to check upon. I would also add to check why the last party cancelled it, to discard any foul play. Anyways let me wait for any call from him and keep it posted here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks