Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The facelifted Innova has been unveiled at the Indonesian International Motor Show in Jakarta.

Here are the pictures courtesy paultan.org

Personally I'm not a fan of the new looks.It looks more like a van now and even less MPV. Even the interiors look weird with a protruded centre fascia. Only good thing is the dark colour wood inserts compared to the horrible lighter shade. Also steering is direct lift from Altis which is a bit bigger and thinner than the older one.

They still have the 80's calculator on board MID which is really unfathomable nowadays.

2011 Toyota Innova facelift – exterior and interior updates

Attachment 581329

Attachment 581330

Attachment 581331

Attachment 581332

Attachment 581333
  • The Front grille treatment is more in line with the theme of the 2011 Sonata than anything from the family of Toyota. The slanting stacked grille with protruding rectangular centre section just hints that.
  • Sheet metal has very minimal change. One the front fenders and Bonnet.
  • Tail lamps look good but like the current generation model, its too insignificant for the large rear.
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:23   #17
BHPian

Cool. I really like this facelift. Are they planning any engine upgrades or may be retune the same 2.5 Diesel for more power?. They should also follow city's formula by providing ABS with all variants. Automatic with 5 gears would be icing on the top if and if, Sigh!
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:59   #18
BHPian

Well I like the new looks. The headlights seem to be impressed by the BMWs 'bird' design. The interiors could have been better. The steering was expected going by the design language in other models.
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:45   #19
BHPian

Why do I see plastics on the door handles and OVRM's? What happened to the Climate Control, fog lamps, steering mounted controls, Air-bags? Even if we suppose that this is the low/mid variant on display, Why would it have the new touch-screen ICE and such flamboyant rims? and why would they display a low/mid variant on an international motor show?

The rims are frankly too jazzy for a car like the Innova, I mean one could live without the black paint on those. Wheel arches could've used some flare to keep the side body panels decorated (and not bland) and why not some lines running through? I liked the front, head-lamps, grille, is a thumbs up.

The protruding out dash was an unwanted move. I say a generous helping of chrome inside-out and more wood (new color looks nice) on the dash. Altis/Camry steering wheel is also a nice move.

My wish list would include better instrument cluster (the one in this one seems like a straight up pick-up from the on-going version), Electric OVRM's with indicators, More wood & chrome, as mentioned earlier, Proper park-tronic system (not just the basic SONAR set-up), Diesel engine tuned to give out more horses (on-going ones feels under-powered sometimes).

Automatic on the diesel would be a dream come true.

All said and done. The peoples mover however better/worse it looks, will sell! The typical Indian 'It's a toyota' thinking will keep giving it volumes. Mid-life upgrades are necessary to keep enticing customers. Our family has had both Innova's (the 1st gen and the facelift).
Old 23rd July 2011, 04:20   #20
BHPian

Please Toyota we need the automatic transmission on the diesel and a bump in the power is also necessary.Just hope we get the 7 speed cvt instead of the 4 speed but any ways an at in any form in diesel is most welcome.Though i hope refinement is improved as the current standards require a quieter and powerful engine.But with this i have no idea how much of price bump would be there.
Old 23rd July 2011, 05:49   #21
BHPian

Well the interiors are a let down, and then i concluded that the one featured in the photo's are not the top - end version, this should be a basic version

How did i conclude?
1. The second picture features a white Innova on the background, that seems to have foglamps where as this one does not
2. The doorhandles and ORVM are not body colored, where as the white one seems to get ORVM to be body colored.

I wonder if i should pursue a career in photo analysis!

I dont like this Innova, the front looks like a desperate attempt to make the innova look corolla - ish. The wheels look terribly after marketish and distantly related to a black hummer in bangalore (Folks from Bangalore, seen the Hummer with ridiculously low profile wheels should be able to relate)

What i love - THE AT BOX.
Old 23rd July 2011, 06:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Like quite a few others the AT in the Innova was an eye opener. I guess it will never be offered in India - & even if it is, the price (of a diesel AT top model) will ensure that there are very few takers. For the rest, to me the changes look merely cosmetic.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:19   #23

A facelift for the Innova was indeed due. But this facelift is, let's say, quite ridiculous. Looks like the old HM design team has moved to Toyota. Without a doubt Innova is a real work horse and is like really maintainence free. A significant facelift (more in lines of their premium vehicles) with an AT (even if at a higher price tag) would still have people to buy it and the existing model could continue for regular taxi purposes.
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:20   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminds me of the Amby/Padmini era with Marks and Deluxe-BE variants that sported a different grill at best.
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:25   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Why do I see plastics on the door handles and OVRM's? What happened to the Climate Control, fog lamps, steering mounted controls, Air-bags? Even if we suppose that this is the low/mid variant on display, Why would it have the new touch-screen ICE and such flamboyant rims? and why would they display a low/mid variant on an international motor show?

The protruding out dash was an unwanted move. I say a generous helping of chrome inside-out and more wood (new color looks nice) on the dash. Altis/Camry steering wheel is also a nice move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Well the interiors are a let down, and then i concluded that the one featured in the photo's are not the top - end version, this should be a basic version

How did i conclude?
1. The second picture features a white Innova on the background, that seems to have foglamps where as this one does not
2. The doorhandles and ORVM are not body colored, where as the white one seems to get ORVM to be body colored.
Well both of you concluded right, this is not the top end model. The touch screen is there as this is a show car. They will add all this to make it look good and bare bones in an international show.

Even the alloys are obviously after market ones with low pro tyres only for display.

Also, here's some pics of the interiors of the top end variant.

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc03056b.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-dsc02989.jpg
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:51   #26
BHPian

Are there any changes to the underpinnings of the car?
The current Innova looks much better, on the outside at least.
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:54   #27
BHPian

I love the front and prefer this brushed metal finish than the screaming chrome. But, they've killed the rear! The light clusters looks out-of-place and the side looks so dumb.
And why on earth it's old-fashion-Alto-type antenna? Why not a cheesy looking roof mounted ones?
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I agree the new look doesn't look that great, but hold it The Toyota Sienna which is a family Van looks much better than the Innova, check it out
This is more agressive from the front and looks really great in terms of space especially for a family van's perspective.
Hope Toyota thinks of getting it introduced in India. Even as a limited edition or so.
For sure, the pricing does matter. But still there is a good market in this family van space to be explored in India. Some how the present Winger from TATA didn't explore it to the fullest though its feature rich.IMHO.
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:44   #29
BHPian

The front doesn't look good. It appears the the car is "smiling" when I see it . However, it is not put together very well. As for the interiors, the protruding centre console looks ugly. I also see quite a few features missing such as climate control & fog lamps. If this gives good mileage, then it will sell well in India regardless of the other parameters as generally Indians are mostly concerned with mileage.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:08   #30
BHPian

Why do they come up with such bad looking versions.
Something like the verna deform (transform)

This look does nothing for me, its so bland and boxed.
Curves at the right places will do miracles.
To my opinion it looked something like the DIRTY ETIOS front.

Toyota should stop bringing decade old designing into India.
Interiors high time need some change.
The Alloys on the display car looks so pathetic. It no ways gels with the car, wonder whats up with the designing team of toyota.

First the ETIOS and next this? Dont know what plans they have to spoil Altis's look.

And this thing about INDIANS and MILEAGE comment.
We pay the maximum cost for everything and we are called misers, that so funny.
Everything is so cheap in US/any other country. They dont give a damn about mileage because they pay peanuts for it. Tell them to pay 70 bucks a liter, they will start rolling on the floor.

Last edited by Visaster : 23rd July 2011 at 16:18. Reason: Mileage comment reply added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks