Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2011, 11:05   #76
BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally

From the pictures that Nijan has posted above, looks like the tyre sizes have increased by one inch, this is good move for safety and better handling.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

This is a joke of a facelift alhtough it will keep the Innova sales growing as has been the case since its launch. With no real competition around, except for the cheaper Ertiga, Toyota has nothing to worry about in this segment,

I still wonder why Hyundai wouldnt make a car for this segment ? They have the best Diesel Mills and have a newly acquired ability of building good looking cars ! Handling isnt key in the MPV market and Hyundai excels at Boats !
Old 14th November 2011, 10:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

All pictures circulating over the web are for the top-end V variant. What will be the changes in the G version? Will it also get an Altis-Like steering wheel sans the steering mounted controls? or will it continue with a 90s style 3-spoke one?
Old 14th November 2011, 16:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics courtesy agni5535 @ the automotive india forums.

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-new-toyota-innova-spied-3.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-new-toyota-innova-spied-2.jpg

2012 Toyota Innova facelift unveiled internationally-new-toyota-innova-spied-1.jpg
Old 14th November 2011, 17:51   #80
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In many ways the change is so minimal that there really is not point in the new Innova coming in, they could just have skipped the generation. The Interior is the one that looks a bit refreshed but not necessarily better in appearance though feature list which is spartan rightnow will definately go a bit higher.

I guess when ones appeal is realiability more than anything else familiarity is what works. But this familier?
Old 14th November 2011, 17:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

It looks more of a cosmetic upgrade. I would really love to see some changes to the engine or some luxury features like Bluetooth phone connectivity etc added to this model. I would really love to see at least 50% of the XUV features to be added into this model.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I would expect them to provide the safety options from the G variants at-least as a package. It's crap to give it on on V variants. The customers pay thru their nose for this low kitted car - please give us safety options.
Old 14th November 2011, 20:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would expect them to provide the safety options from the G variants at-least as a package. It's crap to give it on on V variants. The customers pay thru their nose for this low kitted car - please give us safety options.
+1 To that -

With the trend of Liva / etios, thier saftey offerings have been only on the top model. I think this trend will continue, unless, toyota wants to benchmark XUV in features.

I doubt if they would hike prices by adding in ABS Airbags etc in G model. They would hike prices without giving these features. Anyway, there is no manufacturer in india, who offers safety features as standard (Except XUV5oo) in all models / versions.
Old 17th November 2011, 08:18   #84
BHPian

Have Toyota started shipping new Innovas to their dealerships ? The reason why I got this doubt is because, from yesterday evening, I am seeing unusually large number of trailers going in and out of Toyota plant and that normally happens before a launch of a vehicle.
Old 17th November 2011, 08:36   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Have Toyota started shipping new Innovas to their dealerships ? The reason why I got this doubt is because, from yesterday evening, I am seeing unusually large number of trailers going in and out of Toyota plant and that normally happens before a launch of a vehicle.
Probably they are clearing their inventory? As far as I know, this car will be launched only in the Auto expo happening in Jan. So there are very less chances that they have started production or shipping.

Between I saw Hormazd stating in a recent episode that Toyota is ramping up the production to 50% of the capacity of Innova - that means an increase of 2000 units a month taking the 4000 odd units to a total of 6000 units a month! Waiting periods will come down soon. May be more trailers = more shipping = more units are a reason of this move??
Old 17th November 2011, 14:41   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
+1 To that -

With the trend of Liva / etios, thier saftey offerings have been only on the top model. I think this trend will continue, unless, toyota wants to benchmark XUV in features.
How come the safety offerings are only available in top end for Etios and Liva. In fact for the Liva and Etios, they have safety offerings in 3 variants out of 5 (G-SP, V and VX). Only G and J variants dont get the ABS and Airbags.

By the way Diesel Liva by default comes with ABS. Not too sure about the Eitos diesel though.

Now the G variant of Innova gets electrical adjust for the OVRMs. So one can expect them to atleast give an option of the ABS and Airbags on this variant. Or Make ABS as default in all variants and then give Airbags as on option in G. Top end variants anyways get the safety offerings.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:55   #87
BHPian

I have Seen the Toyota Innova closely yesterday. The Company is filming for TV commercial in Goa. Here is the Article
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 12:19   #88
BHPian

What I heard from Bangalore dealer that delivery of new Innova's will start from March/April'2012 only.. And definitely a price increase of 80k to 1L. likely to have Electically retractable ORVMS
Old 28th November 2011, 12:28   #89
BHPian

The commercial of Innova is being made in Goa. Yesterday the shoot was going on opposite Police HQ Panjim. The vehicle is similar to the pics in the opening post. The rear end has minimal changes. It will be interesting to see if Toyota will increase the price.

Are there any mechanical changes? An AT is most welcome. There certainly is demand for AT vehicles, interesting to see how many manufactureres realise this and take the advantage.

Last edited by Jayant..B : 28th November 2011 at 12:30.
Old 28th November 2011, 13:05   #90
BHPian

I like the new face, both outside and from the inside! In one of the shots from the link you can see the old v/s the new and the new looks much better, more character. The central video console could be a multi display unit display with rear visibility (what else could be worth a 80K more? if that is true). the steering seems to imitate the Corolla. Nice. Again like the usual Q, what will be the cost!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks