Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 13:59   #151
BHPian

Re: August 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
I would have thought of Nano as an answer, but that perplexes me. Alto users who skipped the buying did not choose the nano as an option. That is really interesting! Why? ............ (thinking.....).....
You start to get second hand alto's in the price and i think people would tend to go over to that rather than a new nano - read space/reliability/image
Old 6th September 2011, 15:23   #152
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that those who are buying the Nano are mostly those looking for a 2nd small car for use within the city or for short runs. The target market for the Nano is the first time car buyer - but that group seems to be staying away from the Nano (maybe due to space/reliability concerns).
Old 6th September 2011, 18:46   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
While I agree the 100 kmph comment more than yourself, the first comment does not sound well. People can choose what they want. Gizmos or handling. Afterall, it is their money
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Please avoid derogatory comments generalizing all of us, including you.

Thanks
Oh yes it's their money, no doubt. Further clarification after this quote :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
I never post off-topic, but this I HAD TO . I hope when you called Indian minds 'stupid', you are talking only for yourself. Please, and I emphasize, restrain from reflection your lowly mindset on a public forum.

I agree we are all entitled to our opinions, but is this how I thrust your opinion? Which group are you talking about, when you talk about bells and whistles? How insightfully have you studied the Indian automotive market? Are you sure a 1.5 lac drop in ANHC pricing would have reduced the ANHV stockyard to a junkyard? What analysis have you used?

Refer to my Pench travelogue to know if someone will take his/her ANHV on a long drive. I have driven over 16,000 kms in my ANHV in 3 months. Without long drives, eh? Without confidence? I might agree that it does not have the best suspension set up, nor the most responsive steering. But if you have not driven over a hundred kms in a car, how can you analyze the future of its sales, no less!

Finally, please be sedate in your language. It comes up as offensive.
Peace!
Hello friends,
I believe the usage "stupid minds" did disturb you a lot. I didn't use any derogatory term. Please!!!
Look, how many times have we seen in this forum where people talky lowly about those who ask about the mileage of a car.
And there are lots of opinions in this forum to the tune of "Indians only think about mileage and not the "quality" of the car"
If those opinions (more often than not, with a good dose of sarcasm and contempt) to buy a car based on mileage can be vented on this forum, why can't one talk about the purchase decision which depends mostly, if not solely on bells and whistles of a vehicle? That also amounts to stupidity.

I definitely don't think Indians minds are smart. If you want to think that I was talking about myself and if that is going to ,make you happy, so be it. I have no issues. But I am not that stupid since I don't have a Hyundai (just kidding)

I never said that you can't take ANHV on a longish ride, just mentioned that beyond a certain speed, it doesn't give you comfort like the way other C-segment vehicles do. Before being mighty reactive, one should read the post well.

Just a 66K reduction in price, you can see for yourself what it has done for the City sales.
So I still stand by my opinion that a price cut of 1-1.5 lacs would mean NFF, ANHV, SX4, Manza etc remain in yard. Sorry, reality hurts. Vento, if *** etc improves may survive. Very sad that Linea can't be included since its sales are anyway pathetic, to say the least.

And yard would get changed to *junkyard* for all these vehicles once H launches its diesel variant (assuming it to be as good as the current petrol one).

Let's wait for another few months or so to see the actual market of ANHV. I think I was too optimistic when I said in my earlier post that 800-100 is right sales number for ANHV. It should be 500-750.

Boss, one doesn't need to "do" everything to learn . One does/should learn from others *mistakes* too. The very fact that we read reviews, travelogues etc etc in this forum and elsewhere is to gain knowledge from others experience.

I posted (was planning to PM you initially)this here since I had to clarify my stand. For further discussions/arguments, we shall use PM.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:16   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
This is true, Suzuki has a Contract with FIAT for Manufacturing a certain amount of engines only. latest of what i have heard is that it was about 2.5lakhs in a year!
Just thought of informing you, Maruti Has the Inhouse Diesel Engine (100% MJD Engine) Installed Capacity of 2.8 Lakh+ which is full at this point. Moreso Last heard they have started to source Builtup Engines from FIAT India for the immediate Short fall and stopped Exporting Engines to Europe unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
The low sales of Swift are Quite strange to me. MSIL had stopped production of old swift in july itself, Remember ultra low sales of Old swift in July. Maruti not only started manufacturing the new swift in the July itself but also stated they are gearing up for 20K monthly sales for and stopping MJD Export to free capacity for Swift/Dzire. It would mean by august end, having manucfactured for 1.5 month and creating all those capacities, it should have had enough stock to cater those 50K+ bookings.

Real shocker for me looking at this less than 10 K number.
Well Came Across this article according to which the Weekly Capacity production for swift is more than 8500 (Maruti had originally Targetted 20K+ volume protection just for swift, after taking out Dzire from Manesar).

New Swift bookings run into trouble due to Maruti's workers strike at Manesar - The Economic Times

Now I am still thinking this 90K+ booking is true or Just Hot-Air. Big Surprise for me considering Plant almost ran for full month in August still sales of just 8K units for swift. There is more than what meets to eyes. If maruti is struggling, Looks to me its real slowdown in the Industry.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 21:10   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
But I am not that stupid since I don't have a Hyundai
You say that you haven't hurt others feelings but it would be nice if you can go ahead and explain what does this one statement mean? For me, it says that all those who own a Hyundai are stupids. Or did you mean something else?
Quote:
Let's wait for another few months or so to see the actual market of ANHV. I think I was too optimistic when I said in my earlier post that 800-100 is right sales number for ANHV. It should be 500-750.
Oh yeah. Time and again, Hyundai has disproved people like you not only in India but in every single market across the world. It will again happen with the new Verna.

Just to maintain the forum discipline, lets just talk about the sales figures in this thread instead of talking about the stupidity of others which, in your opinion, is because they own a Hyundai.
Old 6th September 2011, 21:47   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
You say that you haven't hurt others feelings but it would be nice if you can go ahead and explain what does this one statement mean? For me, it says that all those who own a Hyundai are stupids. Or did you mean something else?

Oh yeah. Time and again, Hyundai has disproved people like you not only in India but in every single market across the world. It will again happen with the new Verna.

Just to maintain the forum discipline, lets just talk about the sales figures in this thread instead of talking about the stupidity of others which, in your opinion, is because they own a Hyundai.
Didn't I say I was kidding? (Please don't quote selectively)
No problemo, we shall wait for Hyundai to disprove, especially in case of Verna.
Wish we had figures of cars fuel-wise
This discussion spawned out of sales figures,I thought
Look, there are lots of people everywhere who bashes buyers of cars of other brands, be it Maruti, Tata, Honda or whatever.
Old 6th September 2011, 22:07   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Some observations:

Growth is sliding, ..
GTO, any update on how many Fluence's did Renault sell in August?
Old 6th September 2011, 23:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't I say I was kidding? (Please don't quote selectively)
No problemo, we shall wait for Hyundai to disprove, especially in case of Verna.
Wish we had figures of cars fuel-wise
This discussion spawned out of sales figures,I thought
Look, there are lots of people everywhere who bashes buyers of cars of other brands, be it Maruti, Tata, Honda or whatever.
Globally Hyundai is doing very well, they are competing with Honda and Nissan in almost all segments (except for farm equipments, where I have not seen a Hyundai presence). For instance in the US in the last months I have seen so much push from Hyundai and also a large adoption by the market. The Sonata is a talk of the town and I have seen people switch from a accord to a sonata (which is catching up). What ever is new in Hyundai its working from them, even in India.

I personally like only the i10 beyond that I am not a fan or any other Hyundai model.
Old 7th September 2011, 04:57   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
He said that Tata aimed to slot Nano with the single car owning families, who wanted to upgrade from two wheelers. But the ownership statistics have revealed that the Nano was in most cases a second car with two car families.
Well , I myself got upgraded from two-wheeler to nano exactly as Ratan TATA had said when he launched the nano.I never had that money to buy a 3.5Lakh car ( unless I opt for finance, which I hate) , I have a few my own grudges on my upgrade as below

1. Running cost - Far expensive than a 2-wheeler , 50kmpl to 22kmpl is steep hike. First oil change service costed me Rs1000 is way high too.
2. I would have happily opted for a Rs.75K vehicle with specs 350cc engine , 80km/hr , 30+kmpl.
For family trips anyway I was hiring indica/Xylo etc. as per requirement.

My happy points for Nano are -
1. It is a high performing vehicle , robustly engineered , seems like it will have very long life.After 10,000km it is exactly same as on day 1 ( in fact even better ).
2. Superb comfort, all the family members extremely happy.
3. Great fun to drive in city , I have mastered the driving nano skills to such a level that can easily beat BMWs / Mercs on city roads.It really feels like a king of city roads once you are behind the wheel of a Nano.
4. Lots of scope for an enthusiast to enhance features - I myself spent hours and put on features like - courtesy interior lights , central lock with alarm , comfort window buttons , reverse eyes ( going for front too ) , also looking for OBD bluetooth monitor with android app, integrated music player and many others..

As for the image - Feels proud to be an owner of a world famous car.Most of the people I come across they talk very high of it.
If same would have made by other manufacturers , I am sure they would have made many many more compromises.

Hope TATAs re-invent nano with more powerful technologies like low cost hybrids etc and i get a chance to buy it again in another 3 ~4 years.

Last edited by ramesh : 7th September 2011 at 05:10.
ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 07:36   #160
BHPian

Tata's poor marketing and positioning is killing the Nano, I own one so can vouch for the fact that it is a really good vehicle. Adding a power steering and positioning as a VFM small car instead of the cheapest car might just do the trick.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:21   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
My happy points for Nano are -
1. It is a high performing vehicle , robustly engineered , seems like it will have very long life.After 10,000km it is exactly same as on day 1 ( in fact even better ).
2. Superb comfort, all the family members extremely happy.
3. Great fun to drive in city , I have mastered the driving nano skills to such a level that can easily beat BMWs / Mercs on city roads.It really feels like a king of city roads once you are behind the wheel of a Nano.
4. Lots of scope for an enthusiast to enhance features - I myself spent hours and put on features like - courtesy interior lights , central lock with alarm , comfort window buttons , reverse eyes ( going for front too ) , also looking for OBD bluetooth monitor with android app, integrated music player and many others..

As for the image - Feels proud to be an owner of a world famous car.Most of the people I come across they talk very high of it.
If same would have made by other manufacturers , I am sure they would have made many many more compromises.

Hope TATAs re-invent nano with more powerful technologies like low cost hybrids etc and i get a chance to buy it again in another 3 ~4 years.
Its a good perspective, and glad to hear that your family enjoysit! Most people who has test driven nano has been happy (except for engine tone). They compare it with cars above M800 segment! Maybe Tatas should position it and market it that way!

+1 to what you said, if they re-invent it and position it differently, it will do much better.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:39   #162
Senior - BHPian

OT:....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
....Having driven the Brio, I can tell you that it's going to sell all that Honda can make (of course, as long as it's priced correctly). ...
hmmm!! waiting for a thread on it!!!
Old 7th September 2011, 11:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Ford have shot themselves in the foot with the new Fiesta pricing.
Having waited post Verna launch they should really have taken note of the excellent package that Hyundai offers.

Well.. look forward to heavy discounts in a couple of months
Old 7th September 2011, 12:55   #164
BHPian

For a city car nano is the best new car you can buy (a used alto also fits the bill if you prefer pre-worshiped). Off city limits is not the use case for which one can safely use it. how many people would want to buy a car say "just for the city"? May be that where the positioning is wrong, if that is the position then the price surely is wrong (may be it can't be sold cheaper), but TATA will need to fix their go to market for nano correctly.

One way would be to pioneer the "car on rental rather than buy" strategy. That might work, that is when one can really know what it is good for and what are the limits of this car. I really wish not just TATA but all Auto companies look at the lease-try-buy business model for new introductions.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:42   #165
BHPian

The VFM proposition is evident in the buyer preferences when you analyse the sales figures of NFF, Honda city and Jazz.
Fiat is, like our cricket team, unable to get it's act together!

Etios lacks appeal and always felt it will not be successfull in the long term.

Great to see the Verito increase it's monthly sales numbers - Fiat learn some lessons plleeeaaseee!!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks