Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 11:53   #151
BHPian

Dear folks,
Thank for your inputs. Hi Ilangop, your infor was helpful. Regarding the paint job for the 118NE, i have just roughly checked with the Mechanic. He is anyways going to outsource this job. And he gave me a rough estimate saying it will be 7k-8k. I just told him that i dont want to spend too much on it. Just a decent paint job to make the car look refreshing. Probably a couple of coats of paint. (not patch work). plus tinkering in more than a couple of places. Have asked him to fill in old engine oil in the running boards (to deal with the rusting problems), any inputs from you folks regarding filling old engine oil in the running boards? how exactly is it done? i shall keep you posted on my progress.

Regards,
AJ
Old 25th October 2010, 21:02   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ118NE View Post
Dear folks,
Thank for your inputs. Hi Ilangop, your infor was helpful. Regarding the paint job for the 118NE, i have just roughly checked with the Mechanic. He is anyways going to outsource this job. And he gave me a rough estimate saying it will be 7k-8k. I just told him that i dont want to spend too much on it. Just a decent paint job to make the car look refreshing. Probably a couple of coats of paint. (not patch work). plus tinkering in more than a couple of places. Have asked him to fill in old engine oil in the running boards (to deal with the rusting problems), any inputs from you folks regarding filling old engine oil in the running boards? how exactly is it done? i shall keep you posted on my progress.

Regards,
AJ
What kind of tinkering and painting are you talking for Rs 8000/-.

Boss, i would suggest you to not do that for the time being, Any quality work and materials have its own price, its rather wait for some more time, save up and then do a thorough job, than spend the 8K now and another 8k after 5 yrs.

Kindly post your car pics here,
Old 25th October 2010, 21:06   #153
BANNED

Painting and tinkering for 8k means?! Tinkering means covering up of dents and rust spots with metal paste. Painting would be of Aspa?!!

As Pavan Kadam says, please do the restoration job perfectly.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:05   #154
BHPian

Dear Folks,
I badly need a few spare parts for my 118NE, to name a few:
1. i need 3 door handles (to open the door from inside).
2. The drivers seat lock (to open from outside).
3. My AC needs to be fixed (probably this will not be tough to get done).
4. Right side rear view mirror, (and left side required ? )
5. back left side door, window is jammed (channel is broken it seems)
Where can i get these folks? My mechanic advised me to go hunt in the shivajinagar 'gujaree' , any veterans can help me out/guide me ?

thanks dear TBHPians,
AJ
Old 6th November 2010, 18:32   #155
BHPian

Hello All,

Today while I was walking through M.G. Road, Cochin, I happened to see an automotive shop displaying some items. This shop wears a faded look but I noticed that one of the display item was '118 Tail Lamp'. I'm sure that if some one rummages thru' this shop they might find some required 118 NE parts. If any one needs any help, please do let me know.

Thanks,
Jose.

Last edited by josejoseph : 6th November 2010 at 18:33. Reason: Added more content
Old 10th November 2010, 15:47   #156
BHPian

118 NE Meter Assembly Modification Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
STOCK, the NE meter assembly has only 3 bulbs, But now after the modification there are 7 Bulbs installed. A DIWALI effect.
Pavan,

A nice modification to the 118 NE meter assembly! The original meter lighting is unevenly spread and if one bulb goes off then it becomes almost unreadable at night. Had a query about the modification you did. The modified meter you mentioned has 7 bulbs instead of 3. Did you get a chance to check whether the heat generated by the 4 additional bulbs during prolonged usage has any effect on the body of the meter assembly?

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:17   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Pavan,

A nice modification to the 118 NE meter assembly! The original meter lighting is unevenly spread and if one bulb goes off then it becomes almost unreadable at night. Had a query about the modification you did. The modified meter you mentioned has 7 bulbs instead of 3. Did you get a chance to check whether the heat generated by the 4 additional bulbs during prolonged usage has any effect on the body of the meter assembly?

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
I have run on those meters lights for over 1200 kms, even after 1 hour of continuous usuage, i could not notice any heat generated.

Yes, there will be a bit of heating, but definately not so much that it will damage the unit.
Old 13th November 2010, 02:02   #158
BHPian

NECB and FCB Dhamaka Meet!!!

On behalf of NECB and FCB, I welcome all the Owners, Members, NE lovers and the Enthusiasts with thier Friends and Family to the NECB and FCB Dhamaka Meet 2010.

Scheduled on 21.Nov.2010 [Sunday]:

ENTRY from NORTH-GATE, Double Road Entrance.

0900Hrs to 1000Hrs : Assemble and Members Talk
1000Hrs to 1045Hrs : Official Founders speak and Members speak.
1045Hrs to 1115Hrs : Photo session
1115Hrs : Line UP
1125Hrs : Flag off of City-Rally
1215Hrs : End of City-rally at Golf Course Road
1230Hrs : Start of Long drive towards BIAL for lunch (one side 30KM drive)
1500Hrs : Meet Ends after Lunch.

Hope to see you guys there.
Old 15th November 2010, 22:02   #159
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I just got some tinkering done on my NE. Basically got all the parts that i had bought from the gujri fixed onto my NE. After having paid the mechanic i feel i have overpaid him (paid him 700 bucks). I had purchased all the spares. The work he did:

1. Fixing 3 RC locks (to open the 3 doors from the inside).
2. The driver's side main lock (to open from the outside).
3. He fixed the non-functioning left-hand side rear window.
4. Removed one small dent from the front left hand corner side of the car. And pasted that white paste onto the dent and a few other rusted areas.
5. Fixed up the Dickie lock. (partially)
6. Fixed the driver's side rear view mirror. (shoddy job)

what do u guys feel? i strongly feel i overpaid him about 200bucks easily. The work is good, not great. Plus i had bought all the parts. He (the mechanic) did not make any purchases. I will probably visit him again and underpay him to compensate. Please do give your inputs folks.

Regards,
AJ
Old 21st December 2010, 09:33   #160
BHPian

Re: The Premier 118 NE thread

Dear all,
Does anyone have an oil pan guard in your 118NEs? In my I found some holes meant for mounting the same. Could some one post me a picture of the same? I would like to buy / fabricate one for my car.
My mechanic told that they use to remove them while changing oil & oil filter and seldom they put them back.
-Ilango
Old 21st December 2010, 15:55   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Does anyone have an oil pan guard in your 118NEs?
Hi Ilango,

Are you referring to the part highlighted (behind the number plate) in the picture below? If yes, I will try to post some detailed pictures later.

Rahul Waghmare
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-opg.jpg  

Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 16:33   #162
BHPian

Rahul,
That was what exactly I was looking for. Thanks a lot for this picture. Would be great if you could post some pics taken from under side of the vehicle. Please post some pictures that would detail the over all look of the plate, & the mounting method on all 4 corners. Thanks in advance
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:15   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Would be great if you could post some pics taken from under side of the vehicle. Please post some pictures that would detail the over all look of the plate, & the mounting method on all 4 corners. Thanks in advance
Here you go, Ilango. The pictures of the guard as requested. Note that I have taken these pictures in a hurry on my cell phone camera, hence they are not good. The guard was removed when the car was cleaned from the underside a few days back. Will be fitting the guard back over the weekend. Before you fabricate the guard, try hunting for it at the scrapyard or from the mechanics who usually forget to fit it back! All the best!

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-image0514.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-image0515.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-image0516.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-image0517.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-image0518.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2010, 16:07   #164
BHPian

Thank you for the pics Rahul. Yes I ll first look around in the scrap yard. BTW please let me know where the marked holes will be bolted on to the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-image0515_1.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2010, 13:56   #165
BHPian

Alternate Carburettor For Premier 118 NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Nassan A12 engine with Mikuni carburettor will develop around 49 BHP as against 52 BHP it develops with Hitachi carburettor. Fuel efficiency will also be lower. Hitachi is the best.
Hello Folks,

Wanted to check if there are any alternate carburettors for the Premier 118 NE apart from Mikuni? Has anyone experimented? We are currently using the original Hitachi carburettor but keeping in mind the difficultly in getting spares, wanted to check if there are any other carburettors that can used without affecting the performance.

Regards & Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks