Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 15:39   #331
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
This is a classic example of a biased review. If you are reviewing a refreshed version of a car it should be done as old car v/s new version . I mean a layman looks at the price and says "Hey Linea Dynamic was 6.8L and now it is 7.8L. That's 1L increase in price" . He couldn't be more far away from reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
This kinda comment was expected. Media will surely point its stupid finger at the increased price of entry level model, while not mentioning a word about umpteen new features added to the entry level model.

How come? Have Fiat reduced prices of any variant?

The may have added features, but they have also increased prices.

BTW, it is perfectly in their domain to price their product accordingto their policies. I am in no way commenting on the value proposition. Most manufacturers revise prices upwards while launching facelift versions. Nothing wrong there. But as a fact, prices have gone up across the board!
Old 4th January 2012, 15:48   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Fiat should have kept one model with bare minimum features, at least on paper.
+ 100
Fiat again got things wrong by pricing the car higher. Extra features don't lucrate the costumer as much as the starting pricing can!
A bare basic model for diesel versions in particular could have made things interesting !
Punto MJD 4.99 lakhs onwards
Linea MJD 6.99 lakhs onwards
Old 4th January 2012, 15:50   #333
BHPian

Hot on the heels of the 2012 Linea & Punto launch, FIAT have decided to open exclusive dealerships with 3S(Sales, Service & Spares) in 20 Indian cities by 2015. Which, in itself, means that FIAT will not be synonymous with TATA anymore. I do hope that FIAT do take much more of these steps & truly establish a new identity for themselves.

Quote:
Continued poor showing in the Indian market is set to see Fiat completely exit joint-branded showrooms with Tata Motors as the Italian car major makes a renewed push to revive sales. While it will make the transition in the top 20 cities by 2015, the rest of the joint-branded dealerships will be disbanded thereafter.

Tata Motors is currently responsible for the sales and service of Fiat cars in India and the transition comes at a time when the foreign partner is battered with poor standing for a very long time. “The new Fiat dealerships will be 3S facilities (sales, service and spares) and will display Fiat’s brand identity and style quotient to the Indian market,” Ravi G Bhatia, V-P (Commercial) of Fiat India Automobiles, told TOI. “We will be then like any other independent car brand in the country.”

Quote:
The cities that will form part of the first wave of transition will include Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Jaipur and Hyderabad.

Fiat's international architect has been engaged for the design and layout of the new dealerships. "Also, we plan to have a small cafe at the dealerships." The first independent dealership will come up at Hyderabad in the next two months.
full article

Last edited by JustCause : 4th January 2012 at 15:53.
Old 4th January 2012, 16:06   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
I would not blame the girl on the TV show for saying that the steering is tiring. That's her point of view given her built and body frame. After all even ladies can drive Linea and for them steering can be a bit heavy specially at low speeds which will be tiring to their hands. My wife complains about the same thing when she drives our Linea. She is used to driving a Safari that too in narrow lanes of Varanasi and complains of tiredness in it as well but in a WagonR she doesn't have a problem. We must respect their opinion and not compare with what we slightly more muscular bodies can do.
this is not expected when you are reviewing a car on national TV.

this kind of personal opinion hits the image of car. when you say statement that there is no feedback from the steering for a car which offers the best steering feedback and handling in the market a technically ignorant customer will rubbish the particular car and buy another one.

i just gave one instance. there are so many other countless points which were not correct with respect to the car they are reviewing.

When Siddharth Patankar used to review the car he used to be very neutral unbiased and technically strong.
amit_mechengg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 16:50   #335
BHPian

I think Linea active is still a great value for money product, despite the apparent increase in pricing we also get upgrades, May be Fiat should have present it in better light. I watched live presentation and at that time I felt we need a table to properly fix the changes and upgrades and removals to see if it we really benefited from this apparent refresh? for me the autolamps and rain sensing seems like a good idea but only if they had thrown an optional AT(Diesel) with sunroof :P

@rameshnanda :P
Old 4th January 2012, 16:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
I would not blame the girl on the TV show for saying that the steering is tiring. That's her point of view given her built and body frame. After all even ladies can drive Linea and for them steering can be a bit heavy specially at low speeds which will be tiring to their hands. My wife complains about the same thing when she drives our Linea. She is used to driving a Safari that too in narrow lanes of Varanasi and complains of tiredness in it as well but in a WagonR she doesn't have a problem. We must respect their opinion and not compare with what we slightly more muscular bodies can do.
I think the lady on TV needs more training, or rather I would suggest the channel to hire someone with better knowledge.

Like your point vivek, it will be tiring to ride a Harley or a R1 for that matter if compared to riding a splendor.

The heavy steering in Fiat is there for a reason which is known to world. It is a matter of getting used to, once done it is hard to adopt new wheels.

I am saying this with gut because my wife drives a palio 1.2 with over-sized wheels 185/R13/70, the steering is heavier than my T-jet. She complained initially after graduating from Santro but now is all fine. Now she hates driving he dad's santro saying she looses confidence in that car (she had been driving that car for 1 year prior to our marriage).
Old 4th January 2012, 17:02   #337
BHPian

Did Fiat change the gear ratios, or in general any performance change in 2012 Punto?
Old 4th January 2012, 17:20   #338
BHPian

Need a all help, was trying to search for new punto's tech specs and feature details on fiat site. But seems no updates (clicking on 'showroom' and selecting grande punto option) still old figures are displayed.

Any site which has complete details of specs and features.

also can any one confirm whether the new dynamic (punto) model comes with ABS
Old 4th January 2012, 17:27   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Need a all help, was trying to search for new punto's tech specs and feature details on fiat site. But seems no updates (clicking on 'showroom' and selecting grande punto option) still old figures are displayed.

Any site which has complete details of specs and features.

also can any one confirm whether the new dynamic (punto) model comes with ABS
Both fiat-india.com and fiatpunto.in have the details you have asked for.

To answer your second question - Yes, now dynamic comes with ABS and EBD
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 17:31   #340
BHPian

I hope FIAT have improved the performance of their cars and have incorporated the feedback from their customers. I would like to see the reviews from our titanic forum around the new FIAT cars around the key changes. I do hope FIAT is able to justify the price hike and come out with a cracker combination. I just read that FIAT is working hard in setting up their own sales and service network and move away from the TATA dealership model. One thing we can be assured is the ride quality. Lets wait and watch around how things pan out.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:31   #341
Senior - BHPian

2011 T Jet VS 2012 MultiJet. Notice the raised stance.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-20120104-15.38.12.jpg  

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-20120104-15.38.39.jpg  

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-20120104-15.38.56.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 18:11   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Both fiat-india.com and fiatpunto.in have the details you have asked for.

To answer your second question - Yes, now dynamic comes with ABS and EBD
Just now checked it, looks now finally they have updated. Many Thanks for the info
Old 4th January 2012, 18:27   #343
BHPian

From the information posted here Fiat 2012 it looks like some of the current Active Punto features are missing from new punto, in instrumentation section New Punto Active does not have Distance to empty & Real Time Mileage calculator which my 2010 Punto Active has, is it a typo or real?

Edit: And for better the ARAI figure has improved in 2012 Punto which is now 20.3KMPL.

Last edited by asdon : 4th January 2012 at 18:29.
Old 4th January 2012, 19:21   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
I suggested new Indica Vista Quadrajet (Top End) and Punto 90 BHP.

Any idea when new version of Punto will be available in the market?
The refreshed Punto should be available soon - in a week or two. but as per the info, 90 BHP Punto doesn't have any changes. It's only the petrol & 75 bhp diesel version which get the upgrades.

Quote:
I would not blame the girl on the TV show for saying that the steering is tiring. That's her point of view given her built and body frame.
Any reviewer should keep in mind the large audience base they cater to! They should not ideally make their personal opinions on shows like these unless they suffix such statements with "this is my personal opinion though". Wouldn't you think that a statement like "this car is equipped with a hydraulic steering which provides good feedback but is heavy at parking speeds compared to the electric power steering provided in cars like SX4 which also has lesser feedback" makes more sense?? Or the lady reviewer could have mentioned that "this hydraulic steering could prove tiring to the ladies" which would have been fair enough.
Old 4th January 2012, 19:23   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
2011 T Jet VS 2012 MultiJet. Notice the raised stance.
now where is your test drive report ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks