Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 12:49   #421
BHPian

Re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala t

Further Update:-

Finally after 8 years the Transport Dept has finally given a notice to dealer as follows:-

"Order to refund excess charged amount and penalty in a same manner imposed by the Hon'ble Consumer Forum/Commission within 07 days from receipt of this order and submit documentary evidence for making such refund with interest/penalty failing which necessary action will be taken for suspension of Trade Certificate under Rule 44 of the CMVR, 1989 without any further communication".

Note:- They sent a copy to me and noticed that the dealer address is wrong or previous/vacated one than the current address. Had informed RTO on this earlier last year when they first issued a notice and got returned but now again they have sent to the wrong address again.

Here as per my understanding RTO ordered to pay what was given in the Dist Forum Judgement, which in turn was again upheld by the National Comm or is it any other extra penalty that they have levied here?
raja_ys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 20:06   #422

Re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala t

Hello Raja_ys,
It is indeed commendable on how to made this right for you! I would like to connect with you to exchange notes on a similar type of issue. Not sure if I can dm you or if I am allowed to share my email or contact here as I am new to this forum. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Old 24th August 2023, 19:43   #423
BHPian

Gujarat has also removed handling charges as per my dealer.
Old 24th August 2023, 19:52   #424
BHPian

A somewhat strange thing happened with me in my recent i20 Purchase (apart from all the other debacles). While we got the registration number alotted on the same day itself, I was asked to pay Temporary Registration Charges in addition to the BH registration charges. I was surprised why would I need to apply for the temporary registration number if I am getting a number on the same day itself.
I was informed by the Sales/Point of Contact at Universal Hyundai itself that this is a mandatory step while applying for a number and the RTO Portal does not let them proceed to applying for the Registration Number without applying for a Temporary Number first. In the whole process, to close the matter as it was becoming late in the day, I decided to go through with the process without making much more of a fuss, since the temporary registration amount was a small amount in comparison to the whole cost: 2k.

Is this a standard step that one has to apply for a temporary number before proceeding to getting a number alotted?
Old 28th December 2023, 16:09   #425
BHPian

Hi all!
I'm in the process of buying a Jeep Compass Night Eagle. Though on higher side, I've paid up for some accessories listed in the attached picture for peace of mind and not wasting time on trivial things. What gets my goat is the dealer's levying of "Depot & Handling Charges" (D&HC for short) amounting to Rs.31500/-. Proforma invoice is attached. He's justifying by saying that they're giving me MSP worth Rs. 39150/- which more than offsets the D&HC. However, I feel that this is probably being offered to all buyers as standard practice and they're not giving me something to offset the D&HC.

I'd be highly obliged if some knowledgeable FM advises me on how to handle this.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-img20231217wa0027.jpg  

Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-img20231221wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by captrajesh : 28th December 2023 at 16:30.
Old 6th January 2024, 14:50   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Hi all!
What gets my goat is the dealer's levying of "Depot & Handling Charges" (D&HC for short) amounting to Rs.31500/-. Proforma invoice is attached. He's justifying by saying that they're giving me MSP worth Rs. 39150/- which more than offsets the D&HC.
Don't know how dealers in Mumbai work, but they are not supposed to charge you that amount. Ex-showroom price should take care of all the charges pertaining to all the logistics as well. Either ask them to omit these charges or increase the discount to compensate for it. XD
HighOnSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks