Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 17:57   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

Circulars don't seem to have reached all dealers.
Tata motors' subsidiary Concorde motors in Pune also adds up 'Handling charges'. When questioned in showroom, everyone including sales person, sales manager, showroom manager showed non-cognizance about SC order. My friend had to pay handling charges as he was in a hurry to get delivery of his booked Nano XTA.
Old 14th February 2016, 10:49   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Circulars don't seem to have reached all dealers.
Tata motors' subsidiary Concorde motors in Pune also adds up 'Handling charges'. When questioned in showroom, everyone including sales person, sales manager, showroom manager showed non-cognizance about SC order. My friend had to pay handling charges as he was in a hurry to get delivery of his booked Nano XTA.
SC has not passed any order as of now. They were observations by Justice Jain in preliminary hearings which the media reported.

This is how our Govt machinery works.What prevented them in issuing a public notice in leading newspapers.....?

Waseem.....
Old 24th February 2016, 07:06   #288
Senior - BHPian

Today's Deccan Chronicle (Bangalore Edition)

epaper.deccanchronicle.com/articledetailpage.aspx?id=4841516#

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1456277754997.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 21:47   #289
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala t

Today's Deccan Herald.

Waseem
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-dh-hc.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 01:43   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala t

I can't see 10% of the enthusiasm that the Karnataka RTO showed in collecting the taxes from other state cars, when it comes about such a blatant violation of law. I can't believe the fact that Skoda & Hyundai representatives had the guts to issue such statements in a newspaper & the RTO hasn't bothered.

Goes to show how much "buying" power has the Karnataka dealerships in RTO.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 08:47   #291
BHPian

Handling charges continue at Mahindra Pune. The dealer said this is standard in all showrooms in Pune and as a matter of fact, the booking form for Mahindra contains a field for "Handling charges"!
Old 9th March 2016, 11:28   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I can't see 10% of the enthusiasm that the Karnataka RTO showed in collecting the taxes from other state cars, when it comes about such a blatant violation of law. I can't believe the fact that Skoda & Hyundai representatives had the guts to issue such statements in a newspaper & the RTO hasn't bothered.

Goes to show how much "buying" power has the Karnataka dealerships in RTO.
I spoke to the Transport Commissioner on the issue couple of times.I have sent him an email requesting him to issue similar circular/notification to all the dealers in Karnataka.The email did not yield any reply nor the follow up email did.I had managed to collect Quotations/Proforma invoices from 7-8 different dealers and all of them had added handling/logistics charges barring Maruti Suzuki.All these Quotations/Proforma invoices were sent to him as well.

Waseem Memon.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:41   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I spoke to the Transport Commissioner on the issue couple of times.I have sent him an email requesting him to issue similar circular/notification to all the dealers in Karnataka.The email did not yield any reply nor the follow up email did.I had managed to collect Quotations/Proforma invoices from 7-8 different dealers and all of them had added handling/logistics charges barring Maruti Suzuki.All these Quotations/Proforma invoices were sent to him as well.

Waseem Memon.
The reason the handling charges are not included in quotations from Maruti Suzuki dealers is they include that in registration charges. Please verify, I have seen this happening multiple times.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:01   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The reason the handling charges are not included in quotations from Maruti Suzuki dealers is they include that in registration charges. Please verify, I have seen this happening multiple times.
Dear Sir,

Please read this circular from Department of Transport, Telengana dated 30.01.2016.

PS:Not that i am relying only on this circular.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-rta-1.jpg  

Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-rta2.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 13:35   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Sir,

Please read this circular from Department of Transport, Telengana dated 30.01.2016.

PS:Not that i am relying only on this circular.
There seems to be a misunderstanding, I was referring to Maruti Suzuki Dealers from Bangalore not including handling charges in quotation.
They usually add that charges as part of the registration charges. I have seen this happening only with Maruti dealers and not with others.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:33   #296
BHPian

I believe quite a few dealerships have already stopped mentioning these 'handling charges' in Delhi. I for one, did not see them in Maruti and Hyundai dealerships recently, cannot comment about other brands.
Old 9th March 2016, 22:05   #297
BHPian

To my surprise, trident hyundai (bangalore) didnt charge this. Initially i thought they must have missed it in my invoice. I then looked at their price list and confirmed that they have indeed removed it. Only extra is the standard accessories(rs 2250) which is reasonable.
Old 10th March 2016, 00:08   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
To my surprise, trident hyundai (bangalore) didnt charge this. Initially i thought they must have missed it in my invoice. I then looked at their price list and confirmed that they have indeed removed it...
Have you bissected each and every component of the invoice? Usually, some dealers add this cost into the registration charges and wouldn't explicitly mention it.

Since a Hyundai representative have made a statement that the company allows this charge, I see no reason why they would stop charging it; that too with zero action from RTO guys.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:08   #299
BHPian

Good point. Yes I did. The road tax receipt matches the RTO/tax section. So they haven't charged a single rupee extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you bissected each and every component of the invoice? Usually, some dealers add this cost into the registration charges and wouldn't explicitly mention it.

Since a Hyundai representative have made a statement that the company allows this charge, I see no reason why they would stop charging it; that too with zero action from RTO guys.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 00:23   #300
BHPian

The handling charges are either mentioned as a separate charge, or conveniently clubbed along with Road Tax + Registration + Logistics + Handling.

Attached a price list from Keerthi Triumph at Bangalore, where they claim that it is legal to charge for handling and logistics, and they will provide a receipt for the same.

Does providing a receipt make it legal to charge this? As I understand it, the Road tax is based on the Ex-showroom price , and the ex-showroom price includes all charges/taxes applicable on the purchase of the vehicle through the dealer.

Triumph India seems to be guilty of over-stating figures yet again. To be fair, I had encountered similar excuses/explanations for the handling charges Fiat, Ford, VW, Vespa, Suzuki.

http://www.rto.kar.nic.in/docs/Taxat...26-9-2014.docx
Quote:
Cost of the vehicle in relation to a motor vehicle means –

In respect of a vehicle manufactured in India, cost of the vehicle as per the purchase invoice issued either by the manufacturer or by the dealer of the vehicle including the excise duty, sales tax, surcharge or cess, entry tax etc., as payable in the State of Karnataka; and

In respect of an imported motor vehicle, irrespective of its place of manufacture, the total cost incurred
importing the vehicle , that is to say, the value of the motor vehicle as endorsed in the Bill of Entry or such other document and assessed as such under the Customs Act. 1962, together with the Customs Duty levied, freight charges incurred and other taxes levied thereupon including additional duty/penalty levied if any, by the Customs Department or any other Department.”
The road tax amount is about 13.2% , and there is a difference of ~18,000/- on the models.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-triumph.jpg  

tarunactivity is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks