Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:23   #136
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster extra charges by dealer. WHY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
This was happening in several pockets for XUV also. Dealers were insisting on insurance from them, some accessories etc mandatory. Some of the prospective buyers complained to Mahindra and brought to notice of Anand Mahindra through his twitter account. And it was solved.

Try complaining to Renault bosses and also on their Facebook page. If it gets enough attention, they will crack the whip.
A Mahindra dealer played similar game with my colleague. They were asking him to buy a large amount of accessories if he needed his car quickly.He dropped off a mail to Anand Mahindra and the car was made ready for him the next day at 4PM.
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:34   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hearing a lot of bad publicity about Duster. Not only news about extra charges but high handedness by dealers in selling the vehicles.

Also heard that the price has been revised more than four time from the launch date. Not sure if this last piece is correct but people closely watching and planning to buy may be able to tell exactly.
Old 22nd November 2012, 21:33   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
This is why Toyota is the best. You won't hear things like this from them or their dealers.
Sorry but here in Punjab heard from my friend who bought a Fortuner that dealer forced him to buy insurance from him costing 85k whereas it is for 52 in market and that is for faster delivery.
Besides this if you want the car in weeks time buy accessories worth 1lakh along otherwise 2-3 months.

But this is the case with all companies whose cars are in demand, they know they will sell their stock anyways.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:32   #139
BHPian

Dealers are essentially the same, infact more often than not folks and groups own multiple dealerships for various different brands.

The customer experience depends on the manufacturer and the system they have in place to ensure a consistent and reliable experience, and their hold on dealers.

The issue with the Duster is initial pileup and under supply even 4 months after launch and Renault's inability to get on top of this. Dealers are taking advantage of this.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

If I am not wrong, Maruti also charges for this essential pack (mudflaps, mats, etc.,). When I got quote for the Swift, I found this item on their quotation too. But, I don't know if that is mandatory. I did not dig further since I did not have intention of buying Swift.
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:22   #141
BHPian

Now, it seems that Renault people has started taking an undue advantage of the popularity of Duster. They are making hay while the sun is still shining. The launch of Ford Ecosport will prove to be the "Sunset" for them if its launched at a good price.
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:31   #142
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd November 2012 at 16:18.
SedatedDrive is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd November 2012, 02:01   #143
BHPian

I guess the best thing would be simply to not buy a Duster. Just because Renault has got an overwhelming response for this car, they can't take the customers for a ride.

A female friend of mine recently purchased a Duster for herself but could not go personally to collect the car. So, instead her father visited the showroom to get the delivery. Sadly, the gentleman was not much into cars and did not inspect the car properly and it was only when the car came home did my friend realised that the headrest of the front seats as well as the rear seat had some kind of stains on them. When she complained to the dealer they simply refused to entertain her.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:36   #144
Senior - BHPian

The dealer is simply trying to play smart here. Charging 5K for handling charges and 6K for the logistics is daylight robbery. BTW what do they mean exactly by handling and logistics charges? I havent still able to get a clear definition from most dealers.

Pity that Renault is hand in glove with the dealer. Has Duster succees gone to their heads so early? If so they need to reboot their brains ASAP.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:36   #145
BHPian

Yes in this case its right but the point is are dealers intentionally creating this delay and shortage. First they will say ji 4-6 months time for delivery and then say 1 month mein ho jaega but you need to buy these things along. What if the cars actually there in 1 month.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd November 2012 at 16:18. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Guys
How many official price hikes have happened after the launch ? What is the ex show room of the 85psRXL now ? Not sure why Renault does not publish prices online
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:47   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

On one side customers themselves will tempt dealers to do such non-sense & on the other side, blame them. Unless people stay away from getting swayed for such offers, these are bound to happen.

And yeah, everyone needs to adhere. Some people alone doing it is not going to help. Also I have read in this very forum that a lot of people chose variants based on availability than variants they have booked. Isn't it similar in a way?

Unless potential customers buycott such products or manufacturers, they will not bother to correct their mistakes.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:19   #148
gemi_kk

I agree with everyones comments mentioned in this thread.

However, the main questions which are still unanswered are,

There is something called as Government, which should act when someone makes a Complaint. What are they doing?

When people reported about these complaints in public forums like facebook and other sites, Someone should take control and ensure that they are addressed. If the company doesnt respond, the government body should act right. What are they doing?

I see that, the ex showroom price of all cars mentioned in their website is around 4-5 K less than whats being mentioned in the price list of showrooms. Why?

The Life tax amount mentioned in these brouchers on exshowroom is always greater than what needs to be payed to the government. If it is 12%, the price list shows the life tax as 12% however the amount would be close to 15%. Why? The insurance amount is another story.

We have something called as RTI (Right to Information Act) and other stuff. We can always go and complain right? Why till date no showroom is penalized for this?

Are we living in such pathetic part of the world?

SwiftNFurious: I agree with your comments, however we are living in a country where 130 Crores of people live. We cannot always run away from the stuff which we wanted. Isnt it? Dal ka price bada tho bhi dal hi khayenge. ghaas nahi right?

When i like something, when i want to buy something, i am buying. I am not taking it for free right. Why should i go and buy something which i do not like? Just because what i want has huge demand?

Old 23rd November 2012, 11:06   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk

Are we living in such pathetic part of the world?
You have the answer in your question. YES, you should know by now how pathetic we are. The newspapers, tv and internet forums have ample evidence of the same.

If u dont buy another ignorant one surely will.

As far as i know such practices exist with all dealers across all products, i think for bikes too.
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:47   #150
BHPian

Renault has already taken the customer a ride by positioning the feature of the Duster in crooked way, giving low grade material and so on . Though they have got very good response I believe this enthu will not stay for a long. If competition comes in the way then sure customer will look for alternative. Its a wake up time for the Renault to rectify their mistake before its too late.

Apart from that in our beloved country Enterprise and GOVT is 2 side of a same coin. You are allowed to do a complain against a company but the judgement is not sure. If I remember GOVT has order to all Automobile company to sell their parts in the open market. This will avoid paying higher at the showroom. Are they really doing that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks