Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 15:48   #196
BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

@GTO

Other also, please help. I am going to book a Honda Jazz and they told me there is this handling and logistics charges. How to avoid this?
Old 10th September 2015, 16:59   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
@GTO

Other also, please help. I am going to book a Honda Jazz and they told me there is this handling and logistics charges. How to avoid this?
By firmly negotiating with the dealers. If needed, one can always write a mail to Honda seeking clarification for the same (especially if the sales team claims it is a directive from Honda - put the sales team in as CC to the email).
Remember to attach the pro-forma invoice and price-list, along with relevant articles from the newspapers.
Old 10th September 2015, 17:15   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The problem is these guys are blatantly charging the scam "Handling and Logistics Charges" of Rs. 3500 !
Write to the customer care of Honda as well as on their social media pages [Facebook, twitter]

Also, call up/visit other dealership of Honda and tell them point blank that you would be interested to book/buy the Jazz only if
# You can get your own insurance
# You are not going to pay any handling/logistic charges.

Innumerable times this has happened and every-time the manufacturer has stepped in and played fair.

Please do update on the outcome.
Old 10th September 2015, 18:22   #199
Team-BHP Support

Ok, here is a lowdown on this. Some part of this is heresay and some other is my own deduction.

I recently negotiated for 2 XUVs. The handling and other charges is Rs.7000 for each vehicle. I wanted them to remove that as a part of negotiation on rate/discounts. So finally I got that cost removed but not the component. So the final quote still shows the Handling Charge component as 7000 rupees and then adds another 7000 rupees discount to compensate for that charge. They told me upfront that they just can't take that line item out of the quote, come what may. In fact as a senior guy in that dealership told me no dealership (irrespective of the car make) will do that.

My thought is that they must be having some kind of an association at local as well as national level. They must have decided that if they do not want to lose on this ground no dealership should ever take that component off their quotes so that the case can never be made that this is only a localized phenomenon and not a standard practice thereby trivializing and diluting their standing in the case.

I can't think of any other reason as to why they will go to such convoluted lengths of first writing a component and then again negating that by adding an equivalent discount!
Old 10th September 2015, 18:37   #200
Team-BHP Support

Yup, they actually pay taxes for handling charges.

Double whammy. Court bans & Government is ready to tax on anything & everything. Legal or illegal.
Old 11th September 2015, 09:37   #201
BHPian

I sent a mail to Honda, I talked with dealership. NO USE. They are telling that, the pricelist is from Honda only. They cant waive off that. So, anyone has got an experience on getting these charges waived off till date?
Old 11th September 2015, 10:08   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
I sent a mail to Honda
Has Honda CC reverted? I don't think so. Right now, as far as I know, there would be quite a few calls & e-mails going on between Honda's HQ in India & that dealership.

I don't think I have paid handling charges ever. If someone consults me prior to booking a car, I ask the sales person to come over & firmly say him/her.

I am going to pay you the ex-showroom price of the car [mentioned in the official website] not a penny extra. If you agree, we can take it forward else, I would buy another car or try another dealership. And this has worked.

What did they say for taking insurance outside?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Has Honda CC reverted? I don't think so. Right now, as far as I know, there would be quite a few calls & e-mails going on between Honda's HQ in India & that dealership.

I don't think I have paid handling charges ever. If someone consults me prior to booking a car, I ask the sales person to come over & firmly say him/her.

I am going to pay you the ex-showroom price of the car [mentioned in the official website] not a penny extra. If you agree, we can take it forward else, I would buy another car or try another dealership. And this has worked.

What did they say for taking insurance outside?

to Vishnu, customercare, sqmktm, businesshead

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your trailing communication.

At the outset, we thank you for writing to us and sharing your feedback.

We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership and request you to kindly bear with us till then. In the meanwhile, we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you.

For any further concern/query, you may please write back to us or let our Honda One 2 One representative hear from you at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,

Shikha Pathania
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida

Last edited by vishnurajanme : 11th September 2015 at 10:46. Reason: removing html
Old 11th September 2015, 11:20   #204
Team-BHP Support

I got them reversed in 2012, when I bought a Brio. Had to mail the court order attachment to Honda Customer service to get it done.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 20:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately my in Laws went ahead and booked the Jazz from another dealership and paid the handling charges because those guys were delivering the car to them in 1 month vs 3-4 months.

I am still going to take up the matter with Honda customer care just to see what they do

EDIT : Just wrote to Honda with a cc to Solitaire Honda. Lets see that they have to say. What email address sid you guys write to ?

Last edited by Mortis : 11th September 2015 at 20:29.
Old 13th September 2015, 10:08   #206
BHPian

I booked a XUV 500 with one of the dealer in Bangalore. I was told that handling charges would be 11,000. After some negotiation, they got it down to 7k. After reading this thread, I raised a complaint with Mahindra on this. Mahindra customer care said that they will get back to me by tomorrow.

Let's see what their response would be.
Old 13th September 2015, 10:11   #207
BHPian

Finally, it is waived off..

The mail from Honda

Dear Mr.Vishnu Rajan,

* * * *Thanks for the feedback.* We will wave off the logistics charge of Rs7000 for you.* Please go ahead with the booking formalities.

Thanks & Regards

Ashok Kumar.T | Manager – Sales Quality
vishnurajanme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 14:01   #208
BHPian

When I purchased my Swift in July 2015 from Bimal Auto Agency,Guwahati, they had added handling charges of Rs 5000/-. When I took it up with AnyTimeMaruti on their website, they informed that dealerships can charge handling charges as per the terms of agreement between parent automobile company and the dealership. They also added that charging handling charges on a new vehicle by the dealership is not a violation of their mutual agreement. Finally I had no other option but to pay the handling charges.
Old 13th September 2015, 17:43   #209
Senior - BHPian

I send Honda the mail with a cc to the dealership. So far Honda has only replied with a standard cookie cutter response.
From the replies here it seems as though Honda has indeed authorized the dealerships to levy this charges
Old 13th September 2015, 19:08   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I send Honda the mail with a cc to the dealership. So far Honda has only replied with a standard cookie cutter response.
From the replies here it seems as though Honda has indeed authorized the dealerships to levy this charges
Just read 2 posts above yours where the handling charges have been waived off by Honda for fellow BHPian vishnurajanme

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks