Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 16:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

After asking both Honda and Solitaire via email which one of them has put in the Handling charges, neither of them are replying anymore to confirm or deny the same.

It seems very likely that the manufacturers are supporting the illegal nonsense from the dealer end.

Very disappointed in Honda.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:08   #212
BHPian

Call the showroom and ask for the sales quality manager. He is the person whom you should speak to. He will surely ease your issues for sure.
Old 26th September 2015, 19:56   #213
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

My in laws who were interested in buying the car went ahead and ordered the car from another dealership already. Im just trying to get clarification from either Honda India or Solitaire Honda on the issue
Old 30th September 2015, 09:50   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford sadly seems to be backing its dealers on the issue of handling charges. While booking the new Ford Figo for my dad, the Sales Lead himself said that I should write to Ford. A representative from Ford has called and said that it is an 'OEM charge' and Ford has authorized all their dealers to collect the same across the country since well all companies are collecting it. I have written to them again with news articles and the SC ruling. Lets see what they say.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:25   #215
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting thread, not sure how i missed it.

I will take this up with the Transport Commissioner of Karnataka and will update you all.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:21   #216
BHPian

Kerala transport commissioner issued order saying that delivery charges or handling charges are unlawful and asked rtos to take action against such dealers by cancelling trade certificate. News came in "Mathrubhumi" is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1446828508822.jpg  

ontheroad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 14:35   #217
Senior - BHPian

I managed to speak to the Lawyer who is representing the petitioner at the Supreme Court.

He said that automobile dealers and SIAM have been made respondents in the case and the next hearing is on 09/12/2015.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Very interesting thread, not sure how i missed it.

I will take this up with the Transport Commissioner of Karnataka and will update you all.

Waseem.....
I wrote a follow up email last evening as my first email was unanswered.

Lets wait for couple of days and see if they respond.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 08:05   #219
Senior - BHPian

From Today's TOI (Hyderabad Edition)

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-toi-dc.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 12:05   #220
BHPian

Buying a new CLA from Mercedes. I've been quoted ₹37,500 as handling charges. The dealer says that its the norm and endorsed by the company.

However, I have still dropped a mail to Mercedes India for clarity and cited various articles as well. Let's see what they respond.
Monaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 08:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Buying a new CLA from Mercedes. I've been quoted ₹37,500 as handling charges. The dealer says that its the norm and endorsed by the company.

However, I have still dropped a mail to Mercedes India for clarity and cited various articles as well. Let's see what they respond.
Please keep us updated on the reply..

Waseem.....
Old 15th December 2015, 16:18   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Kerala transport commissioner issued order saying that delivery charges or handling charges are unlawful and asked rtos to take action against such dealers by cancelling trade certificate. News came in "Mathrubhumi" is attached.
Following this, the Kerala MVD has today raided many dealers across the state. (Link)
Old 15th December 2015, 16:25   #223
Senior - BHPian

If this is deemed as illegal, what about all those who have paid the handling charges to these dealers earlier? Will they get a refund?

I remember sending an e-Mail to Honda back in 2012 when we were buying the Jazz. A Honda person called and said that the dealer is not doing anything wrong by charging customers these so-called "Handling-charges".
Old 15th December 2015, 20:25   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Just read in an online Malayalam newspaper that RTOs conducted a quick raid in multiple dealerships (in Kerala) & found a lot of them illegally collecting the handling charges. A case will be registered on them for cheating customers & may end up cancelling their trade licenses.

Its told that the dealers accumulate almost 320 crores in a year by levying handling charges from the customers. They are supposed to charge only 110/- & 300/- for 2 wheelers & 4 wheelers respectively - believe this is for temporary registration.

The transport commissioner also mentioned that customers who are charged these scan raise a complaint to the RTOs.
Old 16th December 2015, 10:15   #225
BHPian

When I bought the Baleno last week, the dealer (NEXA Lower Parel) levied a registration + IMV amount of 64906. The difference in the amount on the RTO receipts was about 7,000 rupees, which the sales assistant said was the bribe to RTO for registration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks