Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 22:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

I think they finally made Safari look like a safari, the old design was getting too old to the point of being bore. But whats even more good is that we get an really well made SUV that look likes an SUV and is priced like MUV :E .
Old 5th January 2012, 22:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have this creepy feeling that the Safari is getting into its twilight. A slow, painful (for the Safari-lovers) death. This might be the beginning of it.

All good things must come to an end.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:22   #18
BHPian

As a Safari owner, the fit and finish of the storme seems miles ahead. The safari may has lost its spare wheel mounted at the door, but has gained quite a bit to counter that. To me, the interiors looks understated and elegant.
It still remains a car that one buys with the heart over the mind. And that is why, even today, if given an option, I will choose this safari over the innova or scorpio or xuv5oo.
I am sure that this Safari will be priced very close to the present one.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:24   #19
BHPian

Thanks GTO for the pictures and info. Saw this photo on net, looks interesting. Hopefully these accessories are available to general public. Seems that Tata is targeting a different segment of users with Safari Storme. http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/...ari_Storme.jpg
Old 5th January 2012, 22:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What the!!!

They have completely ruined the butch looks of the Safari. I know many people who bought Safari just because they grew up admiring its looks! Its spoiled now!

What was TATA developing for all these months? This is just a minor facelift (so to speak) to have so many test mules on the road for several months!
Cant agree more on this one.

The interiors seem to be more of a mini-van than of an SUV. Whoever wants to 'Reclaim your life' need to rush to the dealerships soon before the old/current SUV is sold out.

The exteriors are are very timid. The smiling grill might gel for a sedate hatch/car/van, but not an SUV. Looks like TATA trying to target those customers who do not like the XUV500 because of it's aggressive looks.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:31   #21
BHPian

If i have to consider a safari now...I will look the other way.

The Dash looks so basic and primitive if I may say so, even if the plastic is better

Front- I have no words. But that On off offroader is something. Love every bit about that one.

Can believe that Rear jump seats are still the same.

Cant believe they did not learn from their own Car Aria. Couldn't they take the AC vent clues in the pillars from that?

What happened Tata? We were told you were working with JLR to bring this one to the market.

Last edited by rajismine : 5th January 2012 at 22:35.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
If i have to consider a safari now...I will look the other way.

The Dash looks so basic and primitive if I may say so, even if the plastic is better

Front- I have no words. But that On off offroader is something. Love every bit about that one.

Can believe that Rear jump seats are still the same.

Cant believe they did not learn from their own Car Aria. Couldn't they take the AC vent clues in the pillars from that?

What happened Tata? We were told you were working with JLR to bring this one to the market.
  • Seems Aria based
  • gotta wait till one reads the road test to know if JLR did help
  • rear ac control now on central console
  • i think they missed out rear disc!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What the!!!

They have completely ruined the butch looks of the Safari. I know many people who bought Safari just because they grew up admiring its looks! Its spoiled now!

What was TATA developing for all these months? This is just a minor facelift (so to speak) to have so many test mules on the road for several months!
Nope. Not just cosmetics . (hope so )

Last edited by jkdas : 5th January 2012 at 22:50.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:49   #23
BHPian

Personally I liked the new looks too (like the old one also). Need to see it in person to make a final opinion. I am not sure why people are jumping to the conclusion based on early set of pictures.

Remember what happened during XUV release, lot of people said that it looks better in person as compared to photos on net where they were not so much impressed.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 5th January 2012 at 22:52.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Interiors have a long list of improvements, but most of them are too subtle for the non-Safari owner to even notice. Luckily, I had TSK1979 giving me company during the Safari visit:
Attachment 864665
This is fantastic. It seems that it will be Indian Range Rover.Possibly JLR involvement revealed.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th January 2012 at 10:11. Reason: Long post quote not required.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:02   #25
BHPian

Oh god !
Complete Massacre.
It looks so MUV like now. That intimidating aggression is lost. Facelift done by a committee ?

Interior looks very similar to Grande Sumo. Looks more bland than elegant. Quality level seems to be lot better though
Choice of color for the interior ?
Too much of biege looks good on a i10 but Safari?

Big thumbs down to the get up :(

Aria makes much more sense
Old 5th January 2012, 23:05   #26
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Disappointing. Agreed that the pics were around for quite some time now, but still, I was hoping against hope that Tatas would do something radical about the legendary Safari.

As somebody mentioned, this looks like a facelift rather than a new generation.

10 years back, it looked ahead of its time in styling. But today, it looks like it is lagging behind.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:08   #27
BHPian

Still no double DIN space in the dash board The removal of the rear wheel from the rear door has taken away a robust SUV stance. On the top of that the rear end is looking like as if it is been lifted from TATA Magic and stretched to fit with a dose of chrome .
Old 5th January 2012, 23:09   #28
BHPian

Atleast they could have done a better job in hiding the rear door hinges ! Looks like one of the body kit makeover for a safari than a refresh. Alas, dont think tata is really learning on the styling after the sumo grande ! Disappointing. My 2.2 dicor looks better
Old 5th January 2012, 23:14   #29
BHPian

I like the new Land Rover inspired new looks. Looks super classy. The interiors have been improved a lot. Overall a nice, positive change from TATA. Thanks GTO!
Old 5th January 2012, 23:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Not at all pleased with the outcome, it feels that vehicle has lost its character. If years of testing, development, new platform results in this, then please save monthly sales of Safari Storme.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks