Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 16:49   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Sorry, none of the variants come with front facing 3rd row seating.

This was the final question asked by me, the first answer was "soon"!!
I did not fall for it, I persisted, a lot of contemplation, looks passed back and forth and then the spokesperson said "within the next 6 months"

I told him "cmon you guys don't have to play it so safe, so just tell us how soon".
Then the answer came out "in two to two and a half months".

Issue here was that the dealers don't want the vehicle to be launched till all issues are sorted out.
Going by what you mentioned, the launch should be around August / September like they did for the 2.2 Dicor.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:50   #677
BHPian

Guys these details that are coming up are making me feel very sad. Tata should realise that even though the Storme is mechanicaly updated and also some interiors and exteriors are updated for an average person who is going to be in the market for a SUV these things will not appeal much. So basically Tata has a product that by many eyes will be seen as half baked product that is just getting dragged in terms of launch. Tata doesn't seem to have any confidence in the vehicle. I tend to favor Tata over Mahindra in many cases however last few years Mahindra has just shown fantastic ability in developing and presenting good products that are also successful in market. In same given time Mahindra will provide a fully revised Scorpio and not just refreshed and mechanically updated one.
the VTEC guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 18:08   #678
BHPian

Quote:
If one is about to buy a Safari, I'd request him to hang on, only if they goof up on the pricing of the Storme then buy the existing Safari.

I'd like to say the Storme is an improved Safari and while buying one can just think that the prices have gone up, the ride and handling is way better than what we currently own.

In terms of gizmos, nothing will be missed if you opt for the current Safari, in fact the reverse camera and DVD screens are missing in the Storme, what you will appreciate is all four disc brakes, great ride quality, negligible body roll and YES, superb turning radius.
Congrats!! you are very lucky to get a ride that too from a Tata plant.. Any idea how the car behaves in wet roads and stagnant water pools?
Old 9th May 2012, 00:00   #679
BHPian

Quote:
S "within the next 6 months"

Then the answer came out "in two to two and a half months".

Issue here was that the dealers don't want the vehicle to be launched till all issues are sorted out.
Now, this is confusing to me for the following reasons.

1. One reason to take such a late feedback (< 100 days before launch) could only mean gauging the acceptable price (why have the XUV in comparison if you do not want to know how does the Strome fair w.r.t XUV). A comparative analysis saying Safari is % of XUV in areas A, B and C say, would give you an idea how the customer would trade of the competition for a Storme and how much they would be willing to trade off i terms of true Rs for it
2. Why ask the Safari owners? Who else would be more suitable rather than to get into the psyche of a "prospective safari buyer", current owner are 100% probable customer (they have bought it!).

Now why is this confusing, simple, if its pricing they are aiming at then the feedback will not be implemented in the first few deliveries of the Strome, so the market will not see difference. If this not pricing, then there is still scope for mechanical improvements, meaning either the launch will not be soon, of the first batches will be best to be avoided.

I do not think its a novelty feedback meeting, so either way I am now wary of TML's play here.
Old 9th May 2012, 00:08   #680
BHPian

TML has to price this at par with the Scorpio - its the only way they will be able to pull away customers from the Scorpio.

Given the fact that they have not invested significantly (ie. introducing a 100% new vehicle like MM did with the XUV), they can't justify a high price rise. They will lose customers to the Scorpio/ XUV if they don't price it right.
Old 9th May 2012, 00:12   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you are very lucky to get a ride that too from a Tata plant.. Any idea how the car behaves in wet roads and stagnant water pools?
We did not get to drive it on wet roads or stagnant water, though we were invited to drive it on their test track which has inclines as well as water wading lane, but due to shortage of time , we declined.

My review of the Storme is now up in the initial test drives section
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2771153
Lukeskywalker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 01:39   #682
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Tata Safari Storme Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
My review of the Storme is now up in the initial test drives section
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2771153
Excellent review and special thanks for forwarding the Tbhp questions, you are a star!!

Now that you had the experience of driving the Storme and also presently own a Safari, would you at any point of time when it comes to replace the Safari, consider the Storme as an ideal upgrade?!!

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2012 at 21:41. Reason: Adding link to review thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks