Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 21:35   #226
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
+ And it will have 5 trim levels, thats what bangalore dealer told me today and minimum booking amount is 25K here in BLR. The car will be both in Diesel & Petrol, launch date within mid May to early June.

Thats very good news !!. What was the indicated ex-showroom prices / OTR prices at Bangalore ? I hope its not in the INR 12 lacs ex-showroom meaning it touches INR 15 lacs OTR, then in that case its .
Old 5th March 2012, 22:24   #227
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I really don't understand this. How can showroom guys take bookings even without official word from the company. And how have people booked the car even without seeing it, knowing the price and other details?

(PS: No offence meant to anyone, these are just random questions which keep flying in my head)
Old 5th March 2012, 23:21   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I really don't understand this. How can showroom guys take bookings even without official word from the company. And how have people booked the car even without seeing it, knowing the price and other details?

(PS: No offence meant to anyone, these are just random questions which keep flying in my head)

This is not a new phenomenon. Remember the wild rush for Etios? There were over 7K bookings even before Toyota could announce the launch date, prices. These bookings happened despite even a single official picture of it was available for reference.
Old 6th March 2012, 05:31   #229
Team-BHP Support

The way people are looking at:

1. If books start by mass, after the vehicle is launched, many hope, the story would be same as XUV. Those who want to buy will have to wait for a long time.
2. I predict same would be the story with Ecosport as well.
3. Hence many are OK to pay the booking, which is anyway refundable.
4. But people dont want to take the risk of getting drowned in the deluge of bookings once it starts.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:14   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
My 2 cents on the SUV's - Size does matter, where the Duster would score over the EcoSport
+ 1 on that, Eco Sport could as well turn into another Fusion, not that its a bad car, but positioning of it was all wrong, so even EcoSport could be perceived as a hatch on stilts by the customer if it is too smallish looking by SUV standards.

Quote:
You are right, even I am tempted for the new Xylo, only the ownership experiences with M&M & its dealers are holding me back.
Do not get there, ride quality is very unsettled even now but better than Scropio is what I was told. Not saying that the other future options are great, but new Xylo (ACI - Innova & Xylo comparably Innova still better in most aspects and pick of the pack, Xylo has a good engine though) is a known devil. Unless you want a 7 seater only, there will be better options.

Quote:
+ And it will have 5 trim levels, thats what bangalore dealer told me today and minimum booking amount is 25K here in BLR. The car will be both in Diesel & Petrol, launch date within mid May to early June.
That is news to me, I was there last week and nothing of this sort of info was forthcoming from them, only that diesel is there for sure and rest is put-up on their website. BTW did you get any info on 4x4 option in their lineup? Have they really started booking?
Old 6th March 2012, 10:02   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

That is news to me, I was there last week and nothing of this sort of info was forthcoming from them, only that diesel is there for sure and rest is put-up on their website. BTW did you get any info on 4x4 option in their lineup? Have they really started booking?
I have pushed them all the way possible, but the only information came out which I have posted, I am interested in this SUV but I can not park my money idle for 6 to 9 months and without getting any information about the vehicle. I called their toll free no, but seems they are not equiped to handle questions at all. No price band given, and yes some one mentioned dealers are keeping the booing amount with them only, not passing to the company as of now.

And really the rat race to get the 1st lot does not any more excite me as I have seen many cases of upgrades and changes including my current car, so if its an XUV story here too, I will rather wait to see the car performing in flesh.

Last edited by asdon : 6th March 2012 at 10:04.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:12   #232
BHPian

Quote:

Just spoke the Bangalore dealer on phone. It's true that bookings are been made by potential customers. There are about 40-45 of them already in the list. The booking is only for delivery priority, without having any other specifications on sheet. Booking amount of minimum 25K with a likely available timeline of June. There are cancellation charges applicable. Thinking of doing one for self with approval from the home ministry. Getting one step closer to reality of owning a SUV. I know its a soft roader, but still, I would not mind calling it a SUV.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:13   #233
BHPian

Quote:
And really the rat race to get the 1st lot does not any more excite me as I have seen many cases of upgrades and changes including my current car, so if its an XUV story here too, I will rather wait to see the car performing in flesh.
The waiting game has always paid-off, one should not hurry at all IMO. Even I am waiting here for Duster, but I am not a ripe buyer at present and will buy only if a 4x4 comes at realistic price. If its going to be a 4x2, I'd retain my Corolla.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:42   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not get there, ride quality is very unsettled even now but better than Scropio is what I was told. Not saying that the other future options are great, but new Xylo (ACI - Innova & Xylo comparably Innova still better in most aspects and pick of the pack, Xylo has a good engine though) is a known devil. Unless you want a 7 seater only, there will be better options.

Well I will definately not go for a M&M SUV for now, unless XUV makes some major fixes.

I am waiting to see the Duster else it would be a Fortuner or the new Endeavour.

Duster bookings were started by the dealers in Mumbai way back.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:48   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I am waiting to see the Duster else it would be a Fortuner or the new Endeavour.
One question, if you can go for Fortuner or Endeavour, why waiting for Duster to come, you can check the Koleos too, its Duster's big brother, just a thought.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:12   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One question, if you can go for Fortuner or Endeavour, why waiting for Duster to come, you can check the Koleos too, its Duster's big brother, just a thought.
Well to be honest Fortuner & Endeavour are costly but tried and tested in India so relatively easier to put my money on it.

Despite the unknown in India Duster being cheaper is a risk worth taking.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:28   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
This is not a new phenomenon. Remember the wild rush for Etios? There were over 7K bookings even before Toyota could announce the launch date, prices. These bookings happened despite even a single official picture of it was available for reference.
That somewhat clears my confusion! Thanks!

Quote:
The waiting game has always paid-off, one should not hurry at all IMO. Even I am waiting here for Duster, but I am not a ripe buyer at present and will buy only if a 4x4 comes at realistic price. If its going to be a 4x2, I'd retain my Corolla.
+1 Even I would want to wait patiently till the time Duster settles down in our market. No doubt it has been running in other markets and is a hit, however it is yet to prove itself here in India!

Quote:
Well to be honest Fortuner & Endeavour are costly but tried and tested in India so relatively easier to put my money on it.

Despite the unknown in India Duster being cheaper is a risk worth taking.
Also, Koloes comes with a different engine, as against the 1.5 for Duster which is already being tested day in and day out in all those Logans and Veritos. Personally I feel, at almost the same price Fortuner and the Endevour have a better snob value, market recognition and have been around for quite a bit.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:13   #238
BHPian

Do remember , while the Renault 1.5 dCi engine maybe reliable ; it is still not the only factor figuring in a car buyer's mind.

Renault's past sales record in India has been pathetic (read: they have barely been selling any cars) and in fact currently figure amongst the bottom list of all car manufacturers having a presence in India.

Their dealer/service network in India is again a major pulldown (Ex: currently just 1 service centre for entire Delhi ! )

Though the only good thing working positively for them is that they have made a 4000Cr investment in their Chennai manufacturing plant with Nissan; so are unlikely to pull the plug anytime soon.
Or can they?!!
Old 7th March 2012, 15:40   #239
BHPian

A mail received today from Renault Customer Care, in reply to a brochure for Duster is as follows :
Dear Sir,
Thanks for writing to Renault India Customer Care I appreciate your interest shown on our Renault Duster.
I regret to inform you that we will not be able to share the product brochure as we are yet to launch our Renault Duster in India in 2nd half in 2012.
Below mentioned are the core features of the car, once the product is launch I request you to get back to us so that we can reveal the entire information and also for the test drive and also for the booking.
Duster (Petrol & Diesel) (Core features)
Unique & Modern design
A trendy & compact urban SUV
Stylish Chrome grille
Twin barrel headlamps
16'' Alloy Wheels
Front Fog Lamps
Keyless Entry
ABS with Brake Assist & EBD
Dual front airbags
Plush Leather Upholstery
4 Speaker Music System with USB , AUX-IN & Bluetooth Connectivity
Steering mounted Audio & phone control
Rear Defogger, wiper & washer
Electrically adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
475 Litre Trunk capacity
Unquote

The feature list is exact same to what was posted by Vijay under post no. 194. However Renault has mentioned launch in second half of 2012 in above mail. Is the information from the horse's mouth worth its gold ?
Old 7th March 2012, 16:23   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
The feature list is exact same to what was posted by Vijay under post no. 194. However Renault has mentioned launch in second half of 2012 in above mail. Is the information from the horse's mouth worth its gold ?
This is frustating as the same information is available in their website too, what do they think, someone who can take their mail id or toll free no from the website can not read it from there?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks