Team-BHP - Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/116349-find-car-owner-using-registration-number-instantly-via-sms-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2692011)
Just confirmed. Works here for Andhra Pradesh too :)

Not for me...The reply says "No Default Configured" ...what could it mean stupid:

Gurgaon/NCR - getting "no Default configured" for 3 different cars. Is this actually working for anyone now ?

@ptaneja, I got the same message when I tried late last week for Bangalore

This has to be the stupidest thing I have heard of. Anyone who knows my car number can get my home address immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danindica (Post 2702188)
Not for me...The reply says "No Default Configured" ...what could it mean stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 2702613)
Gurgaon/NCR - getting "no Default configured" for 3 different cars. Is this actually working for anyone now ?

It was working fine last week. But today for the same car number which I tried last week, it gives the message "No Default Configured". May be the server is down.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2702715)
This has to be the stupidest thing I have heard of. Anyone who knows my car number can get my home address immediately.

It doesn't give out the Home address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 2702719)
It doesn't give out the Home address.

Ok - that's better - but why should anybody be able to get owner's name from the car's number? What is the point of this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 2702718)
It was working fine last week. But today for the same car number which I tried last week, it gives the message "No Default Configured". May be the server is down.:)

I got the 'No default configured' first time. Tried again giving the vehicle number in CAPS and then it worked.

Still showing the Zen i sold last year to True Value in my name. Although I know it has been transfered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2702705)
@ptaneja, I got the same message when I tried late last week for Bangalore

Guys!! Its working Again!! May be the servers were switched off on weekends. :Shockked: It works like ever before. No necessity for typing it out in CAPS.

Just tried this service out using the number of my old Maruti 800 that I sold through TrueValue in April 2010. It still shows the car being in my name! On the Andhra Pradesh RTO site, the car shows as being registered in my name, but with latest road tax having been paid by the new owner. Crazy!

Regards,
spadix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 2702914)
I got the 'No default configured' first time. Tried again giving the vehicle number in CAPS and then it worked.

Still showing the Zen i sold last year to True Value in my name. Although I know it has been transfered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 2702949)
Guys!! Its working Again!! May be the servers were switched off on weekends. :Shockked: It works like ever before. No necessity for typing it out in CAPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadix (Post 2702950)
Just tried this service out using the number of my old Maruti 800 that I sold through TrueValue in April 2010. It still shows the car being in my name! On the Andhra Pradesh RTO site, the car shows as being registered in my name, but with latest road tax having been paid by the new owner. Crazy!

Regards,
spadix

Guys - Currently it's giving out only the original owners name. This is still in Beta stage and would give out more details as and when their database gets better.

What else can you expect for a free sms service?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 2703362)
Guys - Currently it's giving out only the original owners name. This is still in Beta stage and would give out more details as and when their database gets better.

I bought a used Spark and it is showing the 2nd owner i.e. my name.

Its not showing the First owners name for pune atleast.. Tested two of my old vehicles, and it showed the new owners name. Kindly check if the transfer has actually happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 2703381)

Oh no, I was calling the AP RTO website "crazy"! I checked their records after the SMS indicated I still own my old car, and I found that the RTO itself has still not updated the name in their records nearly 2 years after the sale.

I am absolutely thrilled with this SMS service. After all, it can only do what the RTOs themselves have last done.

Regards,
spadix

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 2703381)

Just checked for my old Octavia.
It show the current owners name and that it is hypothecated to hdfc bank.

So, please check if the new owner has transferred the car in his name.