Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 13:16   #316
BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
and they are not going to start enforcing the moronic Sun film rule here. Here in Vadodara, I still haven't seen any cop doing this.
. So Police not following the SC ruling is an ideal situation and following what they are supposed to be doing is Moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have to travel for work to Ahmedabad for atleast 10 days in a month. Mine being a MH car am stopped always because of MH plate,
For what reasons do they ask for Sau Rupaiyah, if you have all the documents in place? I was stopped for the silly yellow tape on Headlights, inspite of me having a yellow insulating tape put on my MH-01 Innova. He told me that insulating tapes aren't allowed, etc etc. Gave him 20 Rs and took a piece of yellow sticker from him for it.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 13th September 2013 at 13:20.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:51   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
. So Police not following the SC ruling is an ideal situation and following what they are supposed to be doing is Moronic.
Yes it is a moronic judgement. And in a country where most cities do not even follow helmet rule for two wheelers ( including Ahmedabad), enforcing such a rule all of a sudden and subjecting only outstation cars to penalties...!! Need I say more? Even with the Sun films Gujarat is pretty safe for women. So I don't mind the cops turning a blind eye to it.

Quote:
I was stopped for the silly yellow tape on Headlights, inspite of me having a yellow insulating tape put on my MH-01 Innova. He told me that insulating tapes aren't allowed, etc etc. Gave him 20 Rs and took a piece of yellow sticker from him for it.
So why are you complaining now? You are supposed to follow the law and put proper prescribed yellow tape and not just any tape. Ideally he should have booked you right?
There are so many of these moronic laws present in our country.
Old 13th September 2013, 21:45   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Otherwise, you may be better off buying double sets of normal stick on nets, multiple can be placed on a window if needed.
Thanks Parsh - For prompt response.

I picked up those with a small suction holder with nets, 3 pairs (6 @ 50/- each) from the Kalanagar signal @ Bandra. Am sorted for now.

Appreciate the inputs.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:13   #319
BHPian

Do the cops trouble if we use those sunblinds with the suction cups? These days it's really hot here and it's a pain driving in this heat without the films! Since my daily route is the same I bump into the same cops everyday at a particular signal.
It gets worse since my car is always parked in the open and the ac isn't as effective as it was with the films on.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:20   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
They should serve much more I think. I had a 1.5yr infant with me and it is all hunky dory.

But before jumping in, will suggest you to go and check personally in the markets, how much of window area they cover, what is their thickness etc. Otherwise, you may be better off buying double sets of normal stick on nets, multiple can be placed on a window if needed.
I have ordered this after comparing with products in the links above. One of my neighbour uses this and finds its decent value for money. Best part is - from inside to outside, it does not block any vision but outside to inside is complete protection.
Old 16th September 2013, 12:29   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yes it is a moronic judgement.

So why are you complaining now? You are supposed to follow the law and put proper prescribed yellow tape and not just any tape. Ideally he should have booked you right?
There are so many of these moronic laws present in our country.
If you think the law is moronic, challenge the judgement and fight it at administrative levels, rather than shooting the messengers, who may have ill intentions or otherwise.
And " enforcing all of a sudden" . I think it has been almost 6 months if not more,since this is in effect, with enough media and tbhp coverage already. People who haven't removed their films yet are : 1) Very rich and don't find it a problem paying fines 2) Illiterates with no awareness of the law of the land, but enough money to buy cars 3) True blood Indians with "who cares a f..." attitude and " you don't know who I/my father/my grandfather/my uncle is/am " kind of people.

Regarding the yellow tape ,as per requirement, I had one. He could not show me where it was mentioned that an insulating tape was not allowed, which is why he did not pursue challan'ing me and told me to buy 1 from him,so that " I am not harassed again".

I agree with ' we have indefinite moronic laws ' in our country.

Fortunately for me, I keep my car temperature at 25 Degrees C even in the month of May and have never felt the need for sun control films. I did install them on my cars, merely for fuel saving purposes, but as soon as the law came out, removed them.
Old 21st September 2013, 23:29   #322
BHPian

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lets...1244?pos=9;105

Has anyone tried this? Just came across this while searching for alternatives. It has the installation video as well. Looks quite nice, but thinking of getting feedback, considering the price. Any views/suggestions would be helpful.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:57   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

on JC Road today, at about 11.30 AM:

For non-Bangaloreans: JC road is the core of the auto-accessories fitment action in BLR. This is where max collection of shops is at.

I saw two cops in what looked like they were checking the transparency of the glass of a car. They had opened the driver's door, and there was one cop on either side of the door. I could not clearly see what all they were doing since I was driving.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:11   #324
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
on JC Road today, at about 11.30 AM: For non-Bangaloreans: JC road is the core of the auto-accessories fitment action in BLR. This is where max collection of shops is at. I saw two cops in what looked like they were checking the transparency of the glass of a car. They had opened the driver's door, and there was one cop on either side of the door. I could not clearly see what all they were doing since I was driving.
Pahwa, max sunlight comes in from the windscreen. You can consider going for a transparent 3M film only for the windscreen and is available at around 5k. As it is 100% transparent, I consider it to be legal. I have been using them for more than three years now.

Get it done only at a 3M shop as it needs to be fixed properly lest you end up with bubbles in the windscreen.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:47   #325
Senior - BHPian

Yes, cops have stepped up their efforts to fine people with sunfilms in Bangalore.
My friend got fined today morning near Banashankari BDA complex. His colleague was fined during the past week as well.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:49   #326
BHPian

I was planning to install 3M CR70 film only on the front windshield. I know it's still illegal, but what are the chances of being caught. By the way I stay in Chennai and summer's not far away. Any info?
Old 7th January 2014, 14:02   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
Pahwa, max sunlight comes in from the windscreen. You can consider going for a transparent 3M film only for the windscreen and is available at around 5k. As it is 100% transparent, I consider it to be legal. I have been using them for more than three years now.
Is this actually 100% transparent, or is it the CR70 / CR90 films?
Old 7th January 2014, 14:09   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I was planning to install 3M CR70 film only on the front windshield. I know it's still illegal, but what are the chances of being caught. By the way I stay in Chennai and summer's not far away. Any info?
This is one film that I really want or plan to put in the coming months.
Garware SL 70,100% Transparent

The user did mention that the heat rejection is good. Also, it's 100% transparent which makes it look like the car got no films at all. Pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2998755
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:10   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
Sorry it is still not legal even if it is with 100% visibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I saw two cops in what looked like they were checking the transparency of the glass of a car. They had opened the driver's door, and there was one cop on either side of the door. I could not clearly see what all they were doing since I was driving.
Surely looks like they were checking for the edges of the sunfilm on the inside of the glass. The quite transparent films are otherwise hard to spot apart from the film edges on the top of the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
It is still illegal but chances of getting caught are next to Zero provided you have no film on the side windows. So go ahead and get it. Anyways the maximum heat comes from the fron and rear windscreens.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:19   #330
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Is this actually 100% transparent, or is it the CR70 / CR90 films?
It is practically 100% transparent but don't remember the model number. 3M guys can help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks