Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 18:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
Hello BHPians!

This is my first post on Team BHP!

I am planning to purchase a sedan for my family in Bangalore with a budget of approx. 7 Lakh (ex-showroom). The expected distance of travel would be ~1000 km/month. I am indifferent between petrol & diesel and am contemplating between Nissan Sunny RXL (Petrol) and Mahindra Verito D6.

Overall, the car seems a decent buy. It is available for about 7 lakh (ex-showroom). Current festival offer entitles one to get the insurance charges waived-off.

Would appreciate suggestions from other members as well! Will keep you all posted on my next steps....

Cheers!
I would suggest you the Honda City Corporate. It is bit over over your budget Rs.7.38 (ex-showroom - http://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx), but, even the city has as good space & boot as the Verito, is backed by an excellent network, proven product & commands terrific brand & product value.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:41   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I would suggest you the Honda City Corporate. It is bit over over your budget Rs.7.38 (ex-showroom - http://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx), but, even the city has as good space & boot as the Verito, is backed by an excellent network, proven product & commands terrific brand & product value.
I completely agree! Infact Honda City Corporate and Nissan Sunny XV are my favourite contenders as far as petrol cars are concerened (for the budget). But the lure of having a diesel vehicle is simply too great (I would be clocking around 900 odd km per month so considering Diesel)! And the Verito is a true VFM car. New speakers, new headlamps, and good seat covers will make Verito a fairly decent package for the price point....
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Its my current fav to replace the swift (decision on that in a week) though the missus hates the looks and to some extent, the rear seat.
Phamilyman - Any further updates? Did you finally decide to go ahead with a Verito?
Old 24th October 2012, 19:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

ACI have reported that the Verito CS will be launched by March 2013. Here is their scoop on the expected launch:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/320...arch-2013.aspx

It is speculated to be launched with the same diesel version (only) that does duty on Verito.
Old 23rd November 2012, 01:55   #80
BHPian

I, too, would love to see a detailed report on the new Mahindra Verito Facelift. I wonder why there isn't yet. I think the car is a superb VFM product. I, currently own a Swift VDi which has served me extremely well and I'm sure it will continue to do so. While Rapid, Vento etc. make an ideal upgrade choice for many, I haven't yet been able to build the same confidence in *** from Skoda and Volkswagen. Verito, on the other hand proves to be a pleasant experience in terms of cost of ownership.

I'm definitely amongst those who are extremely eagerly waiting for a detailed review. Hope it happens soon.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
Verito, on the other hand proves to be a pleasant experience in terms of cost of ownership.
Any idea what is the cost of maintenance of the Verito? Also, does the car age well?

Somehow, almost everyone I seem to meet do not approve of that car! The best part is, they dont really have any strong logical reasoning behind their stand. Talk about bad product perception at market-place!

Mahindra should be doing much more here. Or do they just have a product to make presence felt in the sedan segment till such time they come up with a new range altogether? Mahindra is earning its bread & butter from the SUV market and hence all the focus in term of resources would be there.
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:11   #82
BHPian

^^^^its a fantastic vfm product .7.34 lakhs OTR for top end model. But! People don't want to be seen driving one....
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:23   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
^^^^its a fantastic vfm product .7.34 lakhs OTR for top end model. But! People don't want to be seen driving one....
Exactly my point! No one likes this car but no one can tell why. But I am more interested in knowing the cost of maintenance. Also does this car age well?
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:54   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
Somehow, almost everyone I seem to meet do not approve of that car!
It is just the opposite in my case!

My best friend in office has taken delivery of 2 cars yesterday - one for him, and one for his sister. Another team-mate has booked one and will be taking delivery next week. 2 other team-mates have finalised Verito and waiting to book the car.

Interestingly - another person who bought Swift VDi often comes and tells that he should have bought Verito instead. He shifted from Scorpio to Swift, and just couldn't adjust with the limited space on offer.

Its got excellent mileage, very good low-end pull (Absolutely no turbo lag - and its hard to believe the engine has only 68bhp), spacious interiors, fantastic suspension with decent handling and no - nonsense looks. A true all-round package if you are not bothered about the looks (which got much better with the latest refresh).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd November 2012 at 12:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

As far as I have come to understand, the car in itself is a very well put together car & is a complete all-rounder, be it handling, build quality or the engine/drivetrain.

However, where it fails miserably is the higher cost of spare parts & their suspect availability. This comes from the mouth of a few owners that I spoke with, while I had been looking for a new car a few months back. Due to this reason, we finally settled on the Figo.
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:51   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
However, where it fails miserably is the higher cost of spare parts & their suspect availability.
True. Some parts are expensive - as they are sourced from Renault.

However - if the costs were prohibitively high, the taxi segment would not have taken a liking to the car. After all - they would need many spares/ parts replacements when they run 2 -3 L kms easily.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
True. Some parts are expensive - as they are sourced from Renault.

However - if the costs were prohibitively high, the taxi segment would not have taken a liking to the car. After all - they would need many spares/ parts replacements when they run 2 -3 L kms easily.
I doubt if the taxi segment uses genuine parts. They have a significant 2nd market outside of the normal channels sourcing parts from scraps & unauthorized suppliers. At least there is one in Pune.
Thats not the case with individual customers who prefer their cars to be fixed at authorized dealerships. So we are bound to high cost of ownership.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

^^ Moreover, the taxi segment (Meru & other radio cab operators) do not use the diesel Logans/Veritos (as far as I know). They use the petrol engined versions of this car, running on CNG.

Also, for the other sort of taxi segment, the one that caters to MNCs etc, Indigo is the most popular. Ask any such operator & they would shun away from the Verito like a plague only because of costly parts. In fact, they prefer the Fiesta Classic or Etios to the Verito, if they have to choose anything other than the Verito.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ Moreover, the taxi segment (Meru & other radio cab operators) do not use the diesel Logans/Veritos (as far as I know). They use the petrol engined versions of this car, running on CNG.

Also, for the other sort of taxi segment, the one that caters to MNCs etc, Indigo is the most popular. Ask any such operator & they would shun away from the Verito like a plague only because of costly parts. In fact, they prefer the Fiesta Classic or Etios to the Verito, if they have to choose anything other than the Verito.
While this may be case in Mumbai, Meru in Bangalore has a lot of Logan diesels. Even Fastrack in Chennai has a quite a few diesel logans. Many of them I have travelled in Bangalore and Chennai had done upwards of 3.5 Lakhs kmps on the odo without the engine being touched and the car not rattling one bit. The drivers seem to love the car. However, ever since Verito came in place of Logan, haven't seen Verito Taxi in Chennai and on enquiry, some of the fast track drivers mentioned that they wanted to buy Verito but could not do so as RTO in Chennai does not allow Verito to be registered as Taxis. Not sure how the situation is on other cities with respect to Verito.

On the spare parts cost, most drivers mentioned that parts are costly and sometime unavailable, but they seldom fail. My neighbors Logan has done 80k as his maintenance cost had been very very low.
With the Verito refresh, the front and the rear seems sorted but the side profile is still old and the roof rails makes it odd. Interiors have been improved quite a good deal. I recommended the new Verito to three of my friends over Manza on account of reliabilty and after sales service. All of them are loving their car and having driven them, I would rate them better than Etios on account of better ride quality on bad roads, better noise insulation and interiors.
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:19   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Spare costs high for logan is a news to me. Always thought these will be cheap since taxi operators buy these in bulk.

Could anyone tell me what's the usual service costs for logan / verito?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks