Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 18:48   #1
BHPian

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Mahindra have launched the new Verito in India. Prices start from Rs. 5.42 lakhs for the base petrol and Rs. 6.26 lakhs for the base diesel version.

The 2012 Verito has gone under the Mahindra styling knife and gets a chrome plated new front grille, new head lamps, revised front and rear bumper, new boot lid design, clear lens tail lamps and new alloy wheels.

The new Verito continues with the 75PS petrol and 65PS diesel engines. The interiors boast of a two-tone upholstery, electrically controlled rear view mirrors, repositioned power window switches on the door panel, 2-DIN music system with CD/MP3/USB/Aux-in compatibility and new AC control switches.

Changes vis-a-vis Earlier Verito

-Lots of Bling! (Chrome on grille)
-New less-boxier headlamps which are much better to look at.
-New front and rear bumper
-New boot lid design
-Two-tone interior upholstery
-Repositioned power window switches
-New music system
-New AC Control Switches
-New Skoda-like grille

The new Verito is available in both BSIII and BSIV guises. Now, Logan aka Verito is ready to fight agains it's accomplished rivals such as Maruti DZire and Toyota Etios.

Well, I feel that the new Verito has better styling than the earlier bland-to-look-at Verito. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito11120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito21120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito31120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito41120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito51120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito61120px.jpg  

New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-mahindraverito71120px.jpg  

Last edited by S@ndy : 26th July 2012 at 18:54. Reason: Info addition
S@ndy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 18:52   #2
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Definetely looks much better and refreshed. The Rear and the Front were the biggest setbacks for the Logan/ Verito, M&M have got it on dot this time.
Old 26th July 2012, 18:54   #3
BHPian

I think this is an upgrade of the Verito. Verito has transformed into a mature car over a period of time since its evolution as the Logan.

Nice upgrades !!
Old 26th July 2012, 18:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a very attractive package. How do prices compare to the the earlier model? If only they had a Ertiga like version of the same
Old 26th July 2012, 19:09   #5
BHPian

Rear resembles the previous gen Verna and the grille looks similar to the new Xylo. Looks refreshing but would wait to see it in flesh before passing judgement.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

That petal-design console looks real weird though!!!
Old 26th July 2012, 19:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

I feel petrol base model seems a tag over priced. At 5.42 lakhs you get a 75 ps engine no ABS/airbags, no central locking, no power windows and no audio system.
The previous verito as per Autocar gives 13.8 KMPL Mileage (Indian driving cycle )
For just under 6, Sunny gives you ABS, almost 30% more powerful engine, comparable space if not more and probably better quality. Sunny as per Autocar gives you 16.95KMPL(Indian driving cycle)

For around 5.4 in dzire Vxi you get probably a better engine, more power, central locking, audio system, maruti reliability albiet at a compromise in space and boot. Dezire as per Autocar gives you 19.1KMPL(Indian driving cycle)

At 5.78 Manza gives you more power, comparable if not more space, power windows and power steering. Manza as per Autocar gives you 13.7KMPL(Indian driving cycle)

At 5.71 Etios gives me comparable space if not more, more powerful engine, Toyota reliability, power windows and power steering. Etios as per Autocar gives you 17.57KMPL(Indian driving cycle)

All these look a better buy than the verito petrol base model to me although if I were to buy a petrol sedan in this price range, I would nt look further than sunny just for the ABS.

Last edited by vibbs : 26th July 2012 at 19:57. Reason: Added mileage
vibbs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 19:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I feel petrol base model seems a tag over priced. At 5.42 lakhs you get a 75 ps engine no ABS/airbags, no central locking, no power windows and no audio system.

For just under 6, Sunny gives you ABS, almost 30% more powerful engine, comparable space if not more and probably better quality.

For around 5.4 in dzire Vxi you get probably a better engine, more power, central locking, audio system, maruti reliability albiet at a compromise in space and boot.

At 5.78 Manza gives you more power, comparable if not more space, power windows and power steering.

At 5.71 Etios gives me comparable space if not more, more powerful engine, Toyota reliability, power windows and power steering.

All these look a better buy than the verito petrol base model to me although if I were to buy a petrol sedan in this price range, I would nt look further than sunny just for the ABS.
How do they rack up in terms of FE & overall cost of ownership given that we are talking about Petrol? I think that criteria fits right up there along with the ones you have listed.

And BTW, i absolutely like what they have done wrt to the old one! For once they haven't gone overboard and garish with the grill and the interiors looks consistent as a theme and nice.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 26th July 2012 at 19:48.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:00   #9
BHPian

I should admit that this is a very "mature" and eye pleasing re-design from M&M. First the Xylo from which they dropped the horrible buck tooth like grill and now this. Agree on the console design. Looks weird and wonder how ergonomic that would turn out to be.

Cannot comment on the pricing until we have the full details though.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
How do they rack up in terms of FE & overall cost of ownership given that we are talking about Petrol? I think that criteria fits right up there along with the ones you have listed.

And BTW, i absolutely like what they have done wrt to the old one! For once they haven't gone overboard and garish with the grill and the interiors looks consistent as a theme and nice.
I ve added the Fuel efficiency of the models in the post. Cost of ownership I have no idea, but I m pretty sure it wont be drastically cheaper to own a Verito as compared to others on the list. I may be wrong though.

I too dont mind the looks. Much better than the previous one IMO. Space was always the plus point of the Logan/Verito. Not just the leg space, but the width too. They are pretty reliable too. Pricing it a bit closer to 5 lakhs would ve taken the fight closer towards the likes of dzires and manza s I guess.

But does anybody buy petrol cars nowadays ?
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 20:03   #11
BHPian

A very good effort on the part of M&M to re-style this rather bland Verito. Personally feel that atleast on the interiors (from the images), looks better than the Etios. However, will have to wait and see it in flesh to know how much of that 'bling' actually looks good.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they have finally changed the wiper orientation as well...
Old 26th July 2012, 20:09   #13
BHPian

With the design changes, has the wiper position also changed? can't make out clearly from the pictures!

Do even the designers at Mahindra have a toothy grin everytime?? Then why on all the models this bit Mahindra?? not a aesthetic design philosophy this is for sure!!
Old 26th July 2012, 20:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

What a dis corded design inside out. Weird looking front grill , un necessery chrome strips on the rear and a flower- ly looking AC controls. It looks well put together from the pictures though. A VFM product , maybe !
Old 26th July 2012, 20:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
With the design changes, has the wiper position also changed? can't make out clearly from the pictures!
Yes the wiper are aligned for RHD style now.
According to me the facelift is quite comprehensive and doesn't fiddles much with the basic character of the car (being a mature sedan). It feels as if the mature sedan has got a promotion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Do even the designers at Mahindra have a toothy grin everytime??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks