Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 19:42   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Renault Lodgy

Lodgy to have an Indian debut in April 2015.

Renault Lodgy to offer 84bhp, 109bhp diesel engine options.

https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag/...01693393686530

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2015 at 19:45.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 04:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Lodgy to have an Indian debut in April 2015.

Renault Lodgy to offer 84bhp, 109bhp diesel engine options.

https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag/...01693393686530
April? That's a tough wait indeed. Hope it's not an April Fool's prank! Can't wait to get my hands on this one. If there was one MPV that could de-throne the Innova, this is it and I truly believe this is every cabbie's dream come true.

Hope Renault has done enough testing. The interiors look too spartan for my liking but looks like they'll last a lifetime. Still no pictures of the rear aircon unit but hoping it's there. Also, hoping middle row has got sliding seats like the Ertiga since the Euro version doesn't have it, sadly.
Old 1st March 2015, 20:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
April? That's a tough wait indeed. Hope it's not an April Fool's prank! Can't wait to get my hands on this one. If there was one MPV that could de-throne the Innova, this is it and I truly believe this is every cabbie's dream come true.

Hope Renault has done enough testing. The interiors look too spartan for my liking but looks like they'll last a lifetime. Still no pictures of the rear aircon unit but hoping it's there. Also, hoping middle row has got sliding seats like the Ertiga since the Euro version doesn't have it, sadly.
According to Auto Car India print magazine, there's aircon vents for both the 2nd and 3rd rows as well (most likely they have reviewed the top variant). Middle row gets tumbling fold by a lever like in Honda Mobilio, but do not have the sliding function to adjust the leg room. However 3rd row looks to have good enough space compared to Ertiga & Mobilio, so missing the 2nd row sliding function might not be a big issue.

Auto car reports that the ride quality is extremely good and the MPV looks easy on the eye (although not eye-catching).

If priced right, this will sweep away most of Mobilio's sales and will cause some dent to Ertiga. If Renault ASS availability is addressed, Innova will have to definitely worry about its taxi sales.

For me, although boxy, Lodgy looks much better than Evalia and Enjoy and is desirable.

If priced right and if my parking space allows the humongous size, Lodgy will get my money.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 1st March 2015 at 20:26.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 20:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Will this replace the Evalia in Nissan's portfolio? As both manufacturers share the vehicles between them it looks like it might replace the Evalia eventually.
Old 1st March 2015, 21:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
According to Auto Car India print magazine, there's aircon vents for both the 2nd and 3rd rows as well (most likely they have reviewed the top variant).
Thanks! That's the good news I've been waiting to hear! If Autocar has driven the Lodgy I reckon the media drive is going on then. I had a good feeling about Lodgy's ride quality since Renault set the benchmark with the Duster. Can't wait for the launch!
Old 1st March 2015, 23:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Thanks! That's the good news I've been waiting to hear! If Autocar has driven the Lodgy I reckon the media drive is going on then. I had a good feeling about Lodgy's ride quality since Renault set the benchmark with the Duster. Can't wait for the launch!
I'm not sure it is the Media drive. I remember reading it as a preview being conducted at Renault Test Track. Launch is mentioned as April 2015.

By the way, the report states that the 3rd row of seats are removable albeit with two pair of hands.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 05:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

ET quotes Renault India Country CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney on Lodgy launch date to be in March end, or April beginning.

Quote:
We will launch MPV Lodgy by month-end or early next month.
After that we will also launch sub-Rs 4 lakh small car. It will be a global car
Old 6th March 2015, 11:10   #98
BHPian

Guys I think the Lodgy launch is just around the corner. They have listed it in their website. See link:

https://www.renault.co.in/vehicles/p...ars/lodgy.html
racer_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 11:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Some highlights from the review in AutoCar India mag:
1. Third row seats can be easily detached and second row seats can be flipped forward, if you need huge luggage space.
2. Good leg room and head room for third row, but floor is a bit high. Hence you'll need to sit with 'knee-up' position.
3. Clutch is a bit hard. Taxi?
4. Pliant ride, 'good' handling. Easily the 'best driving mpv' in it's class. Extra long wheel-base helps.
5. Just the perfect height for ingress. You don't need to climb down or up to get inside.
6. Front seats very comfortable (like the duster). Middle row not as comfy, but still good.
7. Wheels are a bit small for a vehicle of this size.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 18:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Some highlights from the review in AutoCar India mag:
1. Third row seats can be easily detached and second row seats can be flipped forward, if you need huge luggage space.
2. Good leg room and head room for third row, but floor is a bit high. Hence you'll need to sit with 'knee-up' position.
3. Clutch is a bit hard. Taxi?
4. Pliant ride, 'good' handling. Easily the 'best driving mpv' in it's class. Extra long wheel-base helps.
5. Just the perfect height for ingress. You don't need to climb down or up to get inside.
6. Front seats very comfortable (like the duster). Middle row not as comfy, but still good.
7. Wheels are a bit small for a vehicle of this size.
My take on the useful ACI insight you've given.

1. That's the problem with European manufacturers. They don't understand the need for more space and comfort. In their books the last row is a joke and it's only meant to be detached. It's more about how they can get their ski in or their dog inside. I personally detest a detachable third row because seat cushion and contours are compromised for ease of detachment. I've seen countless European reviews of the Lodgy on YouTube and every reviewer is keen on getting those last row seats out to show available space.

2. That brings me to the second point. Because of it's detachable design, the seating comfort goes for a toss. Knees-up is the worst ergonomic position for long distance travel. In that aspect, I reckon Ertiga is a tad bit better with a much lower feet resting position for the third row. What were Renault thinking? I sincerely hope something is done in the production version.

3. Hard clutch again? I thought they sorted that out with the new Duster! Well, I'll reserve that for the test drive.

4. Handling can almost be taken for granted on a Renault. Duster's handling prowess goes on to prove that. Brownie point for Renault here.

6. Middle row not as comfy but still good? That's worrying me. That tells me there's no sliding option which is a shame really! Again, for Renault it's all about getting those seats OUT and not having them in to provide good comfort. This is not Europe, Renault. We need all the features we can get and if we're moving house we'll hire a truck! Thanks but no thanks! There won't be back reclining either I guess. All that space wasted without optimal utilisation. Innova still the benchmark here.

7. Yes, the wheels are a size too small. Infact the chassis at the back is almost "spilling" over the rear wheels. Wonder how it would be fully packed! I'm reminded of a tightly packed Indica.

Only a test drive will confirm everything but I expected better from Renault when the Lodgy's USP is space and comfort.

Surprise me Renault! I'm this close to booking your car.
swiftdiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 12:30   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI test drives the Lodgy, Positives on most front. Pricing is one of the key factors that Renault needs to deal to repeat the success of Duster in this segment.

The Renault Lodgy-b_t5o_u8aawbfy.jpg

Quote:
The Lodgy, like the Duster, has a superbly pliant ride. It doesn’t have the independent rear suspension of the AWD Duster, but its longer wheelbase gives it superb stability. The Lodgy feels very planted in a straight line, and though it’s no benchmark in agility, it steers with remarkable confidence for a car of this size riding on seemingly small wheels. It was amply clear, even after our short test drive around the Renault test track, that this is one of the best driving MPVs in India.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-393787,0.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th March 2015 at 12:33.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 17:17   #102
Senior - BHPian

The pictures on the ACI website do not show the rear air conditioner set up. This set up, being unique to the Indian spec has been deliberately cropped out I think. Could be an embargo by Renault. The real eye sore in the exterior are those puny wheels. Definitely need an upsize.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 10th March 2015 at 17:19.
Old 10th March 2015, 18:51   #103
BHPian

Pricing will be crucial . If they think of innova price bracket , they will be in for a surprise . Good Space and value for money . Too spacious third row as against ertiga and mobilio . Could seriously dent ertiga numbers if priced right .
Old 10th March 2015, 21:06   #104
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Renault Grand Scenic MPV spotted on the Bangalore-Chennai Highway

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-393787.aspx

The Renault Lodgy seems to be an extremely promising proposition. The 1.5 litre engine is upto the job, and the Renault Duster based suspension is one of the best in a car this side of 20 lakh. The car is extremely spacious, decent to drive, efficient and if priced well, can do wonders for Renault.

This could well be the car that would be able to put a dent on the mighty Innova's sales spree. I hope it is able to hit on Toyota's complacency as a manufacturer. The car has done decently in the Euro NCAP with 3 stars, as opposed to the untested Innova.

The Lodgy will certainly be more efficient, faster and equally if not more comfortable than the Innova. All that Renault needs to do is bring its ASS up to the mark.

Considering the number of cars that have this 1.5 litre engine, spares should be cheap as well.

I think we have a winner here.
prakhar1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 21:35   #105
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Renault Grand Scenic MPV spotted on the Bangalore-Chennai Highway

Couldn't they come up with a better name? That name reeks of nothingness. The car itself looks quite good and I think it will be a good practical people mover if priced right. They'll need to load it to the gills though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks