Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 18:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs

There is big design flaw I see in this Rexton comparing to Indian condition. Middle row seat is 60:40 rather than 40:60. This means that when somebody wants to occupy last row they have to climb from right side, which in India is traffic side.

This was fine in Korea as they have left hand drive on road.

See the pic below:

Last edited by anujmishra : 31st October 2012 at 18:12. Reason: Added pic link.
anujmishra is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 18:45   #92
BHPian

Can anyone point out how many cities Rexton is available, I have been trying to arrange one Rexton for a Friend in lucknow but getting no firm response from Mahindra contacts. Haven't reached to them officially.
Old 31st October 2012, 19:23   #93
BHPian

Only Mumbai and Delhi as of now. They will start expanding soon but since deliveries are expected to commence in Jan it might take a while.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v
Can anyone point out how many cities Rexton is available, I have been trying to arrange one Rexton for a Friend in lucknow but getting no firm response from Mahindra contacts. Haven't reached to them officially.
The guy at the dealership said its launched in all four metros
Old 31st October 2012, 20:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny

Yes, They should have launched as Mahnidra Rexton, it would have made more attraction. Ssangyong is very new and I can't forget how the Renault Nissan badge vanished from Logan for some reason.
Actually the back of the car says ssangyong rexton by mahindra
Attached Images

Old 2nd November 2012, 01:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra
There is big design flaw I see in this Rexton comparing to Indian condition. Middle row seat is 60:40 rather than 40:60. This means that when somebody wants to occupy last row they have to climb from right side, which in India is traffic side.

This was fine in Korea as they have left hand drive on road.
Yup, this is what I was mentioning earlier in my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo
One question to M&M though:
Why can't you make the controls suitable for right-hand driven cars?
(Yes, I am pointing at the swapped lights/wiper controls as well as the 60:40 split seat orientation)!
However, it's just another inconvenience as even the '60' side of the split seat too will tumble forward. Will be a hassle if there are already two people sitting in the middle row though, but not life threatening as such.

There are other such irritants as well - the lights/wiper switch swap, hand brake orientation, etc. Some of these will feel odd at initial usage, but soon we'll get used to it and start to live with it. (Remember the initial Ford and Opel days?!)

Thankfully M&M has placed the wipers on the windshield at correct orientation as well as the fuel tank lid.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

ACI thinks that the quality/fit and finish of the interior is on par with the German sedans.
I am particularly impressed with the detailing (mainly the exterior). You dont see too many Korean quirky bits, expect may be the half moon controls for the AC.

Another flaw I noticed is the boot floor area which is higher then the lid opening! Not only does this make the loading difficult, the small items can roll out the minute you open the hatch door.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-rexton052.jpg  

Last edited by Guna : 2nd November 2012 at 10:07.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
ACI thinks that the quality/fit and finish of the interior is on par with the German sedans.
I am particularly impressed with the detailing (mainly the exterior). You dont see too many Korean quirky bits, expect may be the half moon controls for the AC.

Another flaw I noticed is the boot floor area which is higher then the lid opening! Not only does this make the loading difficult, the small items can roll out the minute you open the hatch door.
I think ACI needs another look at the interior. Its not bad but its surely isnt at par with the germans. I have a 2007 laura and the interior finish isnt close to it.
Shreyans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 21:51   #99
BHPian

Saw one MH-14 registered White Rexton in Delhi this evening. It had amazing road presence and equally amazing pickup. Liked the tail light; in fact spotted the different tail lights before recognising the vehicle.
Old 4th November 2012, 22:14   #100
BHPian

seems Like Rexton fever is coming down, I pass by one Showroom to pick my kids from school, earlier I used to see couple of people around it, but from last week, didn't see anyone around it. May be Festival/Wedding Season reason, but still feel those who want to go in that range, will go for T fort etc.
Old 4th November 2012, 22:22   #101

It's definitely not that people are not liking the Rexton. Mahindra is not doing enough to market the product. I have seen no people around the Fortuner most of the times, that doesn't mean, it isn't selling. Too early to say anything about this product.
akileshsri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 17:24   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

After launching the Ssangyong Rexton SUV in Mumbai and Delhi last month, Mahindra has stepped up the game and launched the car in seven cities today including Chennai
Ssangyong Rexton prices (ex-showroom Chennai)
  • RX-5 – Rs. 18.08 lakhs
  • RX-7 – Rs. 20.12 lakhs
Apart from Chennai, the Ssangyong Rexton was launched in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune, Ludhiana, Patiala and Chandigarh today.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/m...#ixzz2ClMnY2t0
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 06:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

Yes its launched in Bangalore, dropped an inquiry to Mahindra. Lets see how fast they are. Has anyone test driven it yet? From the pictures it looks flawless and good value for money. Gives everything that others give at 8-10L less. Only question is how is its quality when compared to the likes of Chevvy and Toyota?

Bangalore prices are 18.06L for the RX5 (Which i am interested in) and 20.10L for RX7. All ex-showroom.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 21st November 2012 at 06:38.
Old 8th December 2012, 21:22   #104
BHPian

Spotted an AWD A/T on road a few days back, definitely has a big SUV air around it, the build quality looked decent for a korean car.
I think the car was on test drive, will get a TD myself very soon!
Old 8th December 2012, 22:36   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After launching the Ssangyong Rexton SUV in Mumbai and Delhi last month, Mahindra has stepped up the game and launched the car in seven cities today including Chennai
Ssangyong Rexton prices (ex-showroom Chennai)
[*]RX-5 – Rs. 18.08 lakhs[*]RX-7 – Rs. 20.12 lakhsApart from Chennai, the Ssangyong Rexton was launched in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune, Ludhiana, Patiala and Chandigarh today.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/m...#ixzz2ClMnY2t0
Took a TD of the MT variant in Chennai and absolutely loved the experience. The only one negative point I could really notice was the decade old rear styling.

Engine is strong and has nice driveability as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks