Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 16:18   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat to Launch 4 New Cars by 2014 Including New Linea & EcoSport Rivaling Crossover.

Here is what Fiat will launch in India till 2014:
  1. Linea Classic
  2. New Linea
  3. New Punto
  4. B-Segment Crossover
Linea Classic: There is the possibility that Fiat may also limit the variants and discontinue the higher variants which are on offer. Linea Classic will be launched by end of this year 2013.

New Linea: Fiat will launch the new Linea in India towards the initial part of 2014. Apart from this, new Linea will also bring with it, the much awaited 1.6L Multijet diesel engine to India. As for petrol it will get a 1.4L turbocharged mill, most probably the same from the current Linea T-JET.

Punto New Model: We will also get to see the new Punto next year in India which will bow in towards the first half of 2014. It will continue to carry the same 1.2L petrol engine and the 1.3L Multijet diesel. However, expect better performance and an improved overall car.

B-Segment Compact Utility Vehicle: Fiat will launch a new B-segment compact crossover/utility vehicle towards the second half of next year No concrete details or a confirmation is known about this car at the moment. Speculated to have the 1.4L naturally aspirated petrol motor from the current Linea and the 1.3L Multijet diesel engine.

The products they have listed are expected to bring them the much needed volumes.

http://motorbash.com/fiat-to-launch-...ing-crossover/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 07:43   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Punto Abarth will be imported via the CBU route.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat/f...via-cbu-route/
Old 29th July 2013, 07:53   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
@StarrySky:

Fiat Panda if its around 10L for the fully loaded version is absolutely brilliant. Will be ideal Ecosport competitor, its a superb city:weekend 80:20 car.
And by fully loaded I hope you mean the 4 x 4?

The Panda will eat the competition for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Old 29th July 2013, 08:21   #724
Team-BHP Support

This most probably can also be the Fiat Sedici sold as SX4-Cross Over.
If that happens, that would be interesting to see what Maruti thinks about it.

They may have an agreement on the ownership of marketing this product.
Old 29th July 2013, 09:28   #725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This most probably can also be the Fiat Sedici sold as SX4-Cross Over.
If that happens, that would be interesting to see what Maruti thinks about it.

They may have an agreement on the ownership of marketing this product.
It may not be ideal for Fiat to bring in an 8 year old Sedici (SX4 hatchback/crossover) to Indian market now. The next gen SX4 is expected only next year, and I am not sure if the re-badging (as Sedici) will continue for the next generation.

On the other hand, the Panda 4x4 makes perfect sense, especially considering the fact that a diminutive Ecosport got acceptance in our market.
Old 29th July 2013, 09:43   #726
Senior - BHPian

I got the opportunity of meeting Mr. Basavanhalli, MD of Fiat India yesterday at KHT Fiat Caffe, Bangalore. When I asked him why Abarth Punto is CBU, he laughed it off. He said the media is never accurate. However, he did not mention any timeline on when it will be launched, or whether it is CKD or locally manufactured.

Another thing: Fiat has no plans to launch cars with automatic transmission under Fiat brand
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:00   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I got the opportunity of meeting Mr. Basavanhalli, MD of Fiat India yesterday at KHT Fiat Caffe, Bangalore. When I asked him why Abarth Punto is CBU, he laughed it off. He said the media is never accurate. However, he did not mention any timeline on when it will be launched, or whether it is CKD or locally manufactured.

Another thing: Fiat has no plans to launch cars with automatic transmission under Fiat brand
Rohan, let us hope Mr. Basavanhalli is right and the media got it wrong. Like many others I'm waiting for new launches from Fiat. I will be interested in anything around 12-15L in 2014. By the time my Punto will be 5 years old and perfect timing for an upgrade.

Automatic transmission - who wants it? I don't think any one who likes Fiat cars really wants AT.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:36   #728
BHPian

Spotted this morning in BTM layout Bangalore. Newly registered Abarth. Couldn't take more pictures or talk to the driver since I was in a hurry !
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatabarthbang.jpg  

reininchaos is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 18:55   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reininchaos View Post
Newly registered Abarth.
LOL! That's Distinguished BHPian KarthikK's Punto

Sharing a link to his ownership log : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-abarth.html
Klub Class is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 19:06   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Sharing a link to his ownership log : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-abarth.html
Hmmm Glad I didn't stop him and ask !
reininchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 19:26   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this morning in BTM layout Bangalore. Newly registered Abarth. Couldn't take more pictures or talk to the driver since I was in a hurry !
Quote:

ROFL!!!

I am going to bring this to Karthik's attention

Last edited by nipcarlover : 1st August 2013 at 19:28.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 21:03   #732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ROFL.

But, full credit to Karthik for modifying the car so good. And 3M HSR layout for the killer gloss on the car!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 22:59   #733
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
ROFL!!!

I am going to bring this to Karthik's attention
Oh man! That was a good one, you made my day sir . I think I remember you now - you were in a red palio adventure?? You took a picture with a Samsung Galaxy in a brown cover (don't ask me how I know, I have a 6th sense when people take pictures of my car). I thought you were a BHPian, but didn't spot any stickers on your ride so I didn't bother waving or chatting up. Sorry for that. We were side by side for a good 10 minutes at BTM A2B signal.

Well maintained Palio Adventure by the way. One can hardly guess its age. Next time, I'd be glad to stop by for a quick chit-chat.

Quote:
Hmmm Glad I didn't stop him and ask !
You should have. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
ROFL.

But, full credit to Karthik for modifying the car so good. And 3M HSR layout for the killer gloss on the car!
No credits to me for anything CD. Logos are OEM Abarth, maybe that's why they give that 'original' look to the car, in addition to the glossy red. Hehe.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st August 2013 at 23:00.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 23:47   #734
Senior - BHPian

@Karthik - Finally mission accomplished! we need a treat.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:58   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Oh man! That was a good one, you made my day sir . I think I remember you now - you were in a red palio adventure?? You took a picture with a Samsung Galaxy in a brown cover (don't ask me how I know, I have a 6th sense when people take pictures of my car). I thought you were a BHPian, but didn't spot any stickers on your ride so I didn't bother waving or chatting up. Sorry for that. We were side by side for a good 10 minutes at BTM A2B signal.

Well maintained Palio Adventure by the way. One can hardly guess its age. Next time, I'd be glad to stop by for a quick chit-chat.

You should have. Haha.
Wow ! Am I not impressed ? Yep, the adventure is a timeless beauty. I dont like stickers on the car. I was a bit preoccupied for quite a while and didn't notice the Abarth and when I did, I took the picture. The exhaust completely fooled me. It didn't even occur to me it could be a punto. Actually was disappointed that it wasn't bigger than the punto

Great job on the mods ! Will definitely chat up if I see you again. I'm taking the same road since 2005.
reininchaos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks